Next out: Joe D Official | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next out: Joe D Official

Reaction Score
FM radio started being somewhat common in cars during the 60s...
Late '60's When I got my license in '68, I couldn't afford a new car so my choices were late 50's early 60's models none had FM radios.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was born in 73 and we def had cars I remember that didn’t have FM.

Reaction Score
so that's what constitutes proof now? an angry, biased source that seemingly had their deal pulled out from under them? Not to mention the sources prior history and business model of stretching the truth and blatantly lying.
I just posted it because I figured that was what the other poster was referencing. To me the most disturbing thing in there is the part about UConn wanting them to have talk shows presenting them in a positive light. What if is during a 1-10 football season? Do they go Diaco and talk about all the positives.

Reaction Score
I don't think it was a standard thing until the late 80s or early 90s but it was most likely an option through the latter half of the 60s into the mid 80s

Reaction Score
I just posted it because I figured that was what the other poster was referencing. To me the most disturbing thing in there is the part about UConn wanting them to have talk shows presenting them in a positive light. What if is during a 1-10 football season? Do they go Diaco and talk about all the positives.
well your issue is taking anything they say as fact. Let's say it's all true - if you own a business would you pay for ads on a service that regularly talks about how bad your industry is? Because all the alt-right radio shows regularly attack colleges & education

Reaction Score
My first car, a 1958 Ford Fairlane didn't even have seatbelts. It also had a manual choke under the dash. Cars didn't always start easy back then. You always had to have a can of ether on hand.

Reaction Score
so that's what constitutes proof now? an angry, biased source that seemingly had their deal pulled out from under them? Not to mention the sources prior history and business model of stretching the truth and blatantly lying.

It's particularly stupid since the university already sold the media rights to IMG. They are the ones that would be making the deal, not the the "lefties" at the university. You would think people would catch on that they are being played because everything has to be made into a big conspiracy regardless of the facts. But if it's what they want to hear......

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's particularly stupid since the university already sold the media rights to IMG. They are the ones that would be making the deal, not the the "lefties" at the university. You would think people would catch on that they are being played because everything has to be made into a big conspiracy regardless of the facts. But if it's what they want to hear.

I don’t know what the contract says on who has the final say but it’s clear the school
has input/owns the decision or they would have just shut Entercom up with - IMG made the call not us.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what the contract says on who has the final say but it’s clear the school
has input/owns the decision or they would have just shut Entercom up with - IMG made the call not us.

Only a moron would pay for media rights to content and then leave the placement decisions to the content provider. I think the school just realized that it was better not to get into a pissing contest with a bitter, irrelevant person - the station manager from the old rights holder.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Only a moron would pay for media rights to content and then leave the placement decisions to the content provider. I think the school just realized that it was better not to get into a pissing contest with a bitter, irrelevant person - the station manager from the old rights holder.

I agree it makes no sense from an IMG standpoint but there has to be something just based on how the deals have gone around the country.

Reaction Score
From what I gathered this was WTIC's fault. They tried to get cheap with UConn and UConn found a better suitor. Also UConn wants to broadcast more games like hockey and baseball. Don't think WTIC wanted to do that.

Reaction Score
AM radio will outlast everyone.

Even you? Impossible!

You're like a roach that can live through a nuclear holocaust.

Don't worry, you'll be around my friend. Not sure about anyone else, but good ole Whaler will be around to point out what's wrong with what's left of society.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Basically unrelated, but who do you think lasts longer? UConn football or the old people listening to games on AM radio.
Us old people have been doing worlds better than UConn football for a while. I sit on my fanny at the Rent so long as I don’t drop my walker on the drunk kid in front of me.

Away games, even along the shore near New Haven radio can be spotty but is usually better than the app. We’ve been televised enough so I’ll dvr games I can’t watch live.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

Who can we purge next.

Getting back to the OP.....I for one am perfectly fine with them moving on from Joe. While his hoops play by play may have been ok, (not really sure) his football play by play is just awful. They need a football guy or at least someone better at pretending. Also, please replace the PA announcer at The Rent before I launch a frozen cantelope at him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FM radio started being somewhat common in cars during the 60s...
If by somewhat common you mean still pretty rare, I agree with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom