Next 3 in the Caribbean....toughest test? | The Boneyard

Next 3 in the Caribbean....toughest test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
First Wake...then Marist [lost to UHart]...then #14 Purdue.
Purdue seems like the one to test us the most. They are 2-0 with a win last night over
Bowling Green 59-45. Doesn't exactly strike fear in my heart but I say we jump on all three in the first five minutes.

Thanksgiving Day....turkey....football....with a delicious dessert of the UConn women's basketball team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I arrive in CT for the holiday and The Boneyard leaves for the Islands. Sheesh!

When you are used to the Arctic CT is like the US V. I.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The one thing that we have to worry about this week is playtime. Caroline will need to be rested, and no injuries please.

Reaction Score
First Wake...then Marist [lost to UHart]...then #14 Purdue.
Purdue seems like the one to test us the most. They are 2-0 with a win last night over
Bowling Green 59-45. Doesn't exactly strike fear in my heart but I say we jump on all three in the first five minutes.

Thanksgiving Day....turkey....football....with a delicious dessert of the UConn women's basketball team.

I watched BG/Purdue last night and I can honestly say that I would be stupefied if Purdue gives UConn a game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I watched BG/Purdue last night and I can honestly say that I would be stupefied if Purdue gives UConn a game.
Inclined to agree. Weird stuff can happen on the islands early in a season, but this team is so stacked with talented players I don't see how Purdue matches up.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The one thing that we have to worry about this week is playtime. Caroline will need to be rested, and no injuries please.
Right but my understanding is that Bria may be available, so we will see.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Maybe they will sit her for the Marist game entirely? Play some good solid minutes against Wake and then come back for Purdue. I just like the idea of a rest day for those knees. Let Mo start and play heavy minutes.....

Edit: Then let Bria play some minutes against Purdue, alternating with Caroline at the point. Mo can just play limited minutes in the 3rd game this way, if she goes 30-35 mins in Game 2. Just one hypothetical.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Maybe they will sit her for the Marist game entirely? Play some good solid minutes against Wake and then come back for Purdue. I just like the idea of a rest day for those knees. Let Mo start and play heavy minutes.....

Edit: Then let Bria play some minutes against Purdue, alternating with Caroline at the point. Mo can just play limited minutes in the 3rd game this way, if she goes 30-35 mins in Game 2. Just one hypothetical.
Also Geno can use the versatility of his team by playing KML and Kelly at the two, Stewart and Tuck at the 3, etc. Get more minutes for Kiah and Heather.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Right but my understanding is that Bria may be available, so we will see.
In a way I wish/hope they would continue to rest her, but if she's going 100% in practices, it's not different than playing in a game (actually games are "easier" than the practices). Like Tony said, I just hope they all stay healthy over the 3 games in 3 days spread. I'd expect the Purdue game to look similar to the aTm game...

Reaction Score
Remember - a UCONN practice is tougher than games. If Caroline practices 3 days in a row, then I'm SURE, she's more than ready to go for games 3 days in a row. It all comes down to how SHE feels - if she feels good to go, she plays, if she doesn't, she won't.

Reaction Score
I watched the BG - Purdue game also. They are usually pretty solid. They have a pretty decent coach. They have Courtney Moses and KK Houser at inter-changeable guards. They have 2 really good power forwards / posts in Sam Ostarello and Drey Mingo (great name) They play pretty good D too, but I don't think they have seen ANYTHING like UCONN though.

I hope we can play a lot of people, keep everyone fresh and injury-free ! I can't wait for Wake !
GO UCONN GO !

Reaction Score
Playing time will be closely monitored by Geno. By my prediction, he will insert Banks, Buck, and Stokes into the lineup in the first half barring any close game situations. Starters will play 20-25 minutes, bench will play between 15-20 minutes.

The roster has 11 players (assuming Hartley is available all three games) to spread the minutes. Geno is seasoned at keeping fresh legs after many BE tournament wins.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno is seasoned at keeping fresh legs after many BE tournament wins.
Don't forget, Purdue has to play 3 games in 3 days also. I'm betting they will be at least as tired as UCONN on Sat.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Don't forget, Purdue has to play 3 games in 3 days also. I'm betting they will be at least as tired as UCONN on Sat.
I'll bet twice as tired as UCONN.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I haven't seen this mentioned, although I may just have missed it; did anyone notice in the box score of the Stanford/Baylor game that Stanford played only six players more than a few minutes, and Baylor only seven (and the two subs who got over 10 minutes probably would not have had Sims not gotten hurt.) For once, we are going (knock wood) to have a longer bench than any of our serious opponents. There is no one on the roster, including Heather, that I would worry about in a big game. We got 'em outnumbered, guards, bigs, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom