Newton and Spencer Big East First Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Newton and Spencer Big East First Team

Reaction Score
I don’t know the numbers but karaban must have a low usage rate because of the ball in thd hands of newton and Spencer so often with the 5 actually getting a lot of touches at the top of the key in our offense. For his low usage, he makes a huge impact. Could easily be 2nd team…castle could be too.
I love Castle but Clingan is the other snub. Dude is the most impactful player in the country along with Edey.

Reaction Score
Regardless of numbers Clingan is the most valuable and most impactful player on both ends of the floor in the Big East.
Does Clingan have a real chance to win defensive player of the year?!

I'd guess he finishes 3rd or 4th, but in terms of impacting the game he's obviously #1.

If the following happens then our recognition is just:
COY - Hurley
DPOY - Clingan
6th man or most improved - Hassan Diarra

Reaction Score
This is tough because you could make an argument that our entire starting 5 should be 1st or 2nd team but they’d never let that happen. I’m glad our 2 grads transfers got the recognition they deserve in their final year playing. AK only cares about national championships.

Nice piece of info to add to the recruiting pitch when transfer season rolls around.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Congrats to Newton and Spencer. I dislike putting five guards on the first team. I think they should fill out a proper roster. DC should be second team.

Alex had two stretches, in part due to injury, where he wasn’t shooting well. I’m not sure he was snubbed as much as he was inconsistent. When he’s on, he’s clearly worthy of 2nd team or honorable mention.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Trying to read tea leaves on BE POY...
Unanimous 1st team selections were Newton, Scheierman, Kolek, and Carter.
I dont think Carter could win POY for team finishing 6th in conference.
So it's likely either Kolek, Scheierman, or Newton.
Kolek's injury may be held against him.
I think Newton will take it.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Newton and Spencer. I dislike putting five guards on the first team. I think they should fill out a proper roster. DC should be second team.

Alex had two stretches, in part due to injury, where he wasn’t shooting well. I’m not sure he was snubbed as much as he was inconsistent. When he’s on, he’s clearly worthy of 2nd team or honorable mention.
It's true AK has had two little shooting funks this season but his efficiency overall is otherworldly. He's 50-40-90 on the season.

Reaction Score
Fredette won national POY, Hansborough BE POY.

Kemba should have won both.
Then Doug McDermott won both in 2014 over Bazz

1710095236745.gif

Reaction Score
1 PC fan posted on their board stating this UConn team is the best team ever to play on their court. UConn won the conference by 4 games over 2 other top 10 teams. That doesn't happen by accident. It is OK to give credit where it is due. AK is about as good as it gets no question. Hope he has a brilliant post-season.

Reaction Score
If our starting 5 played vs the other 5 best players in the BE on a neutral court (MSG I guess) I think I’d bet on UConn. Kolek, Kadary, Baylor, Carter, Kalkbrenner I guess? Pretty tough game.

Reaction Score
If our starting 5 played vs the other 5 best players in the BE on a neutral court (MSG I guess) I think I’d bet on UConn. Kolek, Kadary, Baylor, Carter, Kalkbrenner I guess? Pretty tough game.
Newton, Spencer, Castle, Karaban, Clingan, coached by Hurley.

vs.

Kolek, Carter, Kadary, Baylor, and Kalkbrenner, coached by Holloway (or Shaka or McDermott if they want).

Seems pretty even honestly.

Reaction Score
Newton and Spencer winning is going to help us in the portal even more. We need two year guys from the portal since next year will be more of a rebuilding year.

Reaction Score
Feel terrible for AK. last year he lost out as FOY to a guy that was rated higher out of HS, but didn’t impact his team the way AK impacted us, and this year to not even get HM is a joke.

I hope this years disrespect leads to the same end of year outcome as last years dis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom