Newest Huskies all moved in | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Newest Huskies all moved in

Reaction Score
Geez, the camera is tilted a little! If you draw a level line, Azzi is a couple of inches taller than Paige; DeBerry almost a head taller; Ducharme about 5-6" taller, and Paige doesn't even come up to Dorka's shoulder.
Azzi is only taller than Buckets if you count Azzi's hair bun and the fact that Azzi is in sandals while Buckets is in socks.

Oh, I got it --- Dorka is wearing elevator socks. ;)

Forget the first televised scrimmage; we need a PPV for the official Height Screening.

Reaction Score
Stayed and will replace the husky and UConns new mascot.
Just another unannounced clause in Azzi's contract. Don't forget another clause that, when the 'expected' Gampel closing this fall for 'emergency A/V upgrades' for a month, all home games are moved to Georgetown University. ;)

Reaction Score
I'd like to see another picture of DeBerry and Juhasz standing next to each other without shoes. I hope there is in fact very little distortion in this photo, and Juhasz is really that much taller than DeBerry. :eek:
There’s no distortion that will convince me that the knees, hips, and shoulders of DeBerry and Ducharme are not level. They’re both in socks and are almost identical in height.

Reaction Score
Just another unannounced clause in Azzi's contract. Don't forget another clause that, when the 'expected' Gampel closing this fall for 'emergency A/V upgrades' for a month, all home games are moved to Georgetown University. ;)
Right.

Reaction Score
Anyone know who shares a unit together? I saw an article that said Nika, Evina and Autumn stayed together last year.

Reaction Score
1622594400910.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Could Delaney Thomas be on an unofficial visit?
We are officially in the NCAA recruiting “quiet period” when coaches can meet with potential recruits on campus. I would be very surprised if Ms Thomas didn’t meet with Geno and the staff after accompanying Azzi on the long journey from DC. Now if she shows up again at 1st Night, I think it’s fair to say the interest is pretty serious.
Let's be very mindful that there is an entire conference (SEC) that relishes the opportunity to bring forward frivolous recruiting violations against UCONN. Anyone remember Mone' Davis. The answer to @WiseOne question is definitively no for two reasons. 1) The NCAA only lifted restrictions on unofficial and official visits today June 1st. That picture of Delaney with the new recruits and Azzi was posted by Tim Fudd on Sunday May 30th. Any meeting between Delaney and the UCONN staff prior to today would have been improper. 2) Tim Fudd as the parent of a UCONN player cannot provide a ride for Delaney to UCONN if the purpose -in part or whole- of the trip is to conduct an unofficial visit as this would be consider an impermissible benefit.

Reaction Score
We are officially in the NCAA recruiting “quiet period” when coaches can meet with potential recruits on campus. I would be very surprised if Ms Thomas didn’t meet with Geno and the staff after accompanying Azzi on the long journey from DC. Now if she shows up again at 1st Night, I think it’s fair to say the interest is pretty serious.
A lot can change when you actually have to make a decision but I have heard D Thomas say UCONN was her dream school and if she ever got an offer she would accept it in a second.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I don't think a ride for a "friend" of Azzi by her dad would be a violation if the coaches are not involved. If this is true, what about the openly tweets and recruiting of Azzi by Paige before she announced her commitment? The whole recruiting rules by the NCAA is ridiculous and confusing. I'm sure I am wrong about all of this, but does any of us common people really understand this?

Reaction Score
So, does the team have their own living quarters?
No. The vast majority of the student athletes on campus stay in the apartments up behind Gampel. I believe that's Hilltop. They are usually 4 people to an apartment.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Let's be very mindful that there is an entire conference (SEC) that relishes the opportunity to bring forward frivolous recruiting violations against UCONN. Anyone remember Mone' Davis. The answer to @WiseOne question is definitively no for two reasons. 1) The NCAA only lifted restrictions on unofficial and official visits today June 1st. That picture of Delaney with the new recruits and Azzi was posted by Tim Fudd on Sunday May 30th. Any meeting between Delaney and the UCONN staff prior to today would have been improper. 2) Tim Fudd as the parent of a UCONN player cannot provide a ride for Delaney to UCONN if the purpose -in part or whole- of the trip is to conduct an unofficial visit as this would be consider an impermissible benefit.
As I recall, the Mo’ne Davis complaint amounted to no more than a tempest in a teapot when the former HC at Vanderbilt complained. Davis is currently a softball player at Hampton College. I don’t think the current HC at Vandy will have anything to say about Delaney’s visit.

Relative to that visit, Delaney can visit any college campus anytime she wants to check out the dorms, classrooms and facilities. She can even meet the coaches to say hello, so long as they don’t discuss recruiting. She just can’t do so before June 1 on a visit set up by the Athletic Dept. As for Tim Fudd, who is also Delaney’s AAU coach, the NCAA policy allows for friends and family members to do things like give a kid a ride, even if they’re associated with a particular college or university in some fashion.

With all that, I suppose it’s possible that some misguided coach out of the SEC or elsewhere might just file a complaint. But it would amount to a fool’s errand with no practical consequence.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I'd like to see another picture of DeBerry and Juhasz standing next to each other without shoes. I hope there is in fact very little distortion in this photo, and Juhasz is really that much taller than DeBerry. :eek:
Let's end the debate, obvious to me that while only one has on shoes we see a variety of socks, flip flops and even a boot. I have been told by a very reliable source that some, and I'm not saying who, are wearing the new elevator socks. :cool:

Reaction Score
If only the posing of the shot was done with a keen eye. From what I see, the problem is twofold, the room's geometry itself and Delaney levitating 2" off the floor :D , flipping all to opposite side Dorka now seems to be more in scale with room.

1622644477372.png

Reaction Score
With the exception of Amari, they are all pretending to be either shorter or taller. Dorka is doing a scissor stand, Delaney must have promised to vacuum if allowed to keep on her shoes in the apartment, Caroline is stressing out her legs so intensely that her neck has been reduced quite a bit (painful to see), and Azzi is taking advantage that Paige has lost some bouyedness after foot surgery (Paige, can you stand on your toes-- look at Caroline and me).

Reaction Score
I agree with the optical illusion idea. Check out the line of the ceiling. It goes
down to the left ( in the photo) behind Dorka, and appears to go UP to the
right ( in the photo, behind Paige). This appears to me to be a classic
presentation of a visual distortion = of making any person to the left appear " BIG " and any
person to the right appear "small." GO TEAM!!!

Reaction Score
I agree with the optical illusion idea. Check out the line of the ceiling. It goes
down to the left ( in the photo) behind Dorka, and appears to go UP to the
right ( in the photo, behind Paige). This appears to me to be a classic
presentation of a visual distortion = of making any person to the left appear " BIG " and any
person to the right appear "small." GO TEAM!!!
It's psyops being done to discourage our opponents. Kinda like they see the UConn uniform and are demoralized even before the tip.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's interesting how we can take a simple photo, twist it, and turn it like a Rubik's Cube and "suggest" that the images in it are shorter or taller than they actually are. Without trying, we could continue to analyze his photo all summer. :confused: We ALL know one thing for certain. Sometimes things are NOT always as they appear to be.

My final observation: either Amari is a lot shorter than her "advertised" height of 6'5", or Dorka is at least 6'8", 4" taller than her listed height of 6'4" (which I would be perfectly OK with). :eek:

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
If only the posing of the shot was done with a keen eye. From what I see, the problem is twofold, the room's geometry itself and Delaney levitating 2" off the floor :D , flipping all to opposite side Dorka now seems to be more in scale with room.

View attachment 67766
Delaney is not levitating. After 2 days in the UConn weight room Caroline and Dorka can easily lift her (and the dog) off the ground with one arm.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As I recall, the Mo’ne Davis complaint amounted to no more than a tempest in a teapot when the former HC at Vanderbilt complained. Davis is currently a softball player at Hampton College. I don’t think the current HC at Vandy will have anything to say about Delaney’s visit.

Relative to that visit, Delaney can visit any college campus anytime she wants to check out the dorms, classrooms and facilities. She can even meet the coaches to say hello, so long as they don’t discuss recruiting. She just can’t do so before June 1 on a visit set up by the Athletic Dept. As for Tim Fudd, who is also Delaney’s AAU coach, the NCAA policy allows for friends and family members to do things like give a kid a ride, even if they’re associated with a particular college or university in some fashion.

With all that, I suppose it’s possible that some misguided coach out of the SEC or elsewhere might just file a complaint. But it would amount to a fool’s errand with no practical consequence.
Please stop putting out this misinformation. Prior to June 1 (yesterday) Delaney was not free "to meet the coaches and say hello" on or off the UCONN campus because the NCAA was in a Dead recruiting period. During a dead period, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools.

Once Azzi signed her letter of intent Tim Fudd qualified as a " UCONN booster" and will remain so for the rest of his life. Tim now represents UCONN institution’s athletic interests. Boosters are explicitly prohibited from being involved in recruiting. Tim can give Delaney a ride or buy her a meal. What Tim cannot do as I have stated before is give Delaney a ride to UCONN, if the purpose of that visit (in part or whole) is related to recruiting.

You are also making a major error in thinking that a meeting can take place as long as "recruiting" is not discussed. The NCAA does not care what is/was discussed. No contact means no contact. That was one of the major lesson learned from the Mone' Davis story where "recruiting" was NEVER EVER discussed.

Reaction Score
Can we all agree the dog is the shortest?
I’m
With the exception of Amari, they are all pretending to be either shorter or taller. Dorka is doing a scissor stand, Delaney must have promised to vacuum if allowed to keep on her shoes in the apartment, Caroline is stressing out her legs so intensely that her neck has been reduced quite a bit (painful to see), and Azzi is taking advantage that Paige has lost some bouyedness after foot surgery (Paige, can you stand on your toes-- look at Caroline and me).
Not being critical, but I think you may have invented a new word in relation to Paige’s “bouyedness”? You are right about Caroline. She looks like she’s scrunching her head down for some reason. Does the team put out official heights for the roster each season? That would certainly save us here on The Boneyard a lot of angst if they did! The most obvious discrepancy here is Amari who appears to be shorter than the reportedly 6’2” Delaney. I can’t wait for November!

Reaction Score
Let's end the debate, obvious to me that while only one has on shoes we see a variety of socks, flip flops and even a boot. I have been told by a very reliable source that some, and I'm not saying who, are wearing the new elevator socks. :cool:
As stated in post #51 yesterday about these socks ...

You will be hearing from my cracked legal staff. ;)

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Not really. Her left shoulder is behind the girl to her left. Someone said she was Delanie Thomas who is listed as 6'2". Juhasz may just be the first 7 footer in women's basketball. ;) ;) :rolleyes:
Off topic, but let's not forget Margo Dydek - 7'2" of good human.

Sad Miss You GIF by swerk

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we all agree the dog is the shortest?
Not without drawing a line to its eyebrows. I’m not sure why.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please stop putting out this misinformation. Prior to June 1 (yesterday) Delaney was not free "to meet the coaches and say hello" on or off the UCONN campus because the NCAA was in a Dead recruiting period. During a dead period, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools.

Once Azzi signed her letter of intent Tim Fudd qualified as a " UCONN booster" and will remain so for the rest of his life. Tim now represents UCONN institution’s athletic interests. Boosters are explicitly prohibited from being involved in recruiting. Tim can give Delaney a ride or buy her a meal. What Tim cannot do as I have stated before is give Delaney a ride to UCONN, if the purpose of that visit (in part or whole) is related to recruiting.

You are also making a major error in thinking that a meeting can take place as long as "recruiting" is not discussed. The NCAA does not care what is/was discussed. No contact means no contact. That was one of the major lesson learned from the Mone' Davis story where "recruiting" was NEVER EVER discussed.

Regarding Tim Fudd isn’t there a pre-existing relationship exception to the booster rule? I have a vague recollection of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom