New Years Eve @Houston gametime 9pm | The Boneyard

New Years Eve @Houston gametime 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Looking ahead to 12/31, the game will be 9pm EST - which is probably not good for me and probably many others (parties, etc...) I understand the Houston game will have a local start that is 2 hours earlier... but, still why schedule a game that could end close to the start of the new year? I never understood this, and now its the first time this affects UConn basketball... Oh well, will just have to DVR the game.

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score
9pm games are a God send for me. During the 7 pm games I'm putting the kids to bed & usually miss the first halves. The game on New Years assures me, at the least, that there will be something worth watching on tv, rather than those obnoxious New Years shows.

Reaction Score
This could work out great…….we always go to our friends and they're about 1/4 mile away……..start early, about 5-6pm with everyone but there is no way with all of those people I will hear the game….guess I have to head home early after a few beers and shots, some grub and hit the recliner……..guessing my wife and son will stay so home sweet home will be quiet, unless the refs blow a call or 2 LOL

Reaction Score
Atmosphere down in Houston should be as great as it was in the XL NYE matinee for USF a couple years ago...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Atmosphere down in Houston should be as great as it was in the XL NYE matinee for USF a couple years ago...
I went to see North Carolina play Nevada here in Reno on NYE a few years ago and it was a blast. Great crowd, fun game and out to the bars downtown post game in plenty of time to ring in the new year. Not sure what's so bad about it.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
We had a South Florida game on NYE during the 11 season, right? Went OT? Not just the AAC.

Reaction Score
I thought it was @ 6. The same time as the fireworks.

That USF game WAS a 6pm game. We were late coming in and the fireworks had just started.

Reaction Score
That USF game WAS a 6pm game. We were late coming in and the fireworks had just started.
Ah I thought it was earlier, but 6 and 9 is a huge difference fro NYE. Will have to DVR this one

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I was at the game! Went into overtime if I remember correctly. Great night! me and the wife got a room across the street and went out on the town! No kids! No driving!

Reaction Score
I'm Pumped for it! Getting wasted and sleeping on a cement floor doesn't have the same ring to it that it used to. Give me uconn, a prime rib, and a couple rolling rocks :)

Reaction Score
Damn, you're right. I thought I was at a NYE party that night. Must have just been drinking a lot.

I was going to say dsturdy - maybe you celebrated new year's eve the wrong night, or maybe you celebrated for 2 days straight?? ;)

Reaction Score
I was going to say dsturdy - maybe you celebrated new year's eve the wrong night, or maybe you celebrated for 2 days straight?? ;)

That team caused a lot of drinking...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Given the choice between Uconn basketball (whichever gender) and Ryan Seacrest introducing a lip syncing Lady Gaga in Times Square. I choose UConn basketball every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'd watch UConn women's equestrian over Lady Gaga. This really feels like trying to find fault where it does not exist. Such is life for a 11-1 team.

Reaction Score
Went to a game at Hofheinz Pavilion a few years ago when I was working in Houston. It was Houston and Tulane so there wasn't much of a buzz but I would think the atmosphere will be much better for the 1st UConn visit as well as a NYE crowd.
The arena is relatively non-descript with a below street grade bowl but the banners reveal a long, strong bball history.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think I watched that aforementioned UConn USF NYE game at a Hooters in Phoenix because I was down there for the Fiesta Bowl.

Reaction Score
Went to a game at Hofheinz Pavilion a few years ago when I was working in Houston. It was Houston and Tulane so there wasn't much of a buzz but I would think the atmosphere will be much better for the 1st UConn visit as well as a NYE crowd.
The arena is relatively non-descript with a below street grade bowl but the banners reveal a long, strong bball history.

It's not our first visit. We played at Houston during Jake Voskuhl's senior year. This will be our 1st visit as a member of the same conference.

Reaction Score
At least the game is on ESPN2. I'll be out of state for a party and I was worried I wouldn't be able to see the game. Instead, I'll just be hijacking the TV and being antisocial until 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom