New Years Eve @Houston gametime 9pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Years Eve @Houston gametime 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At least the game is on ESPN2. I'll be out of state for a party and I was worried I wouldn't be able to see the game. Instead, I'll just be hijacking the TV and being antisocial until 11.

Haha, I told my buddy ( who's hosting) basically the same thing.

I don't need audio, but if you think anything is going on your tv besides UConn Houston, you're crazy!

Reaction Score
It's not our first visit. We played at Houston during Jake Voskuhl's senior year. This will be our 1st visit as a member of the same conference.
I can remember a game at Rice...not Houston...

Reaction Score
UConn also hosted Houston in November of 2000 (this one I am sure of, I have my student ticket stub).

Reaction Score
We had a South Florida game on NYE during the 11 season, right? Went OT? Not just the AAC.

Oh yeah, I remember a fued with the girlfriend that night, I got where I was supposed to be by like 10:30pm, which to me is plenty of time for a new years party, right? Its not like the party ends at 12:01

Reaction Score
The arena is relatively non-descript with a below street grade bowl but the banners reveal a long, strong bball history.
That ended about 1985...Houston is what passes for royalty in this crapshoot league. Heaven help us.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Houston had been on a an upswing the last few years. They are 8-5 this year and all but 1 lose are to teams from power conferences. Do I think UConn will have any probably with them tomorrow night? No, I do not...

Reaction Score
Houston had been on a an upswing the last few years. They are 8-5 this year and all but 1 lose are to teams from power conferences. Do I think UConn will have any probably with them tomorrow night? No, I do not...
Wow! that's what I call making a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Houston is 8-5 but have no wins, zero, against teams in the top 150. The Power Conference teams they've lost to include the likes of Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Do you consider Louisiana-Lafayette and San Diego State to be in Power Conferences? This league and our schedule is going to be a problem soon enough. FYI, there are plenty of seats available for this one. The hope is that with ranked opponent UConn in town and the dedication of the renovated building they will set a season high over 4000 fans in the seats...

Reaction Score
Cue the poster dragging out some obscure power ranking that has the American ranked ahead of the SEC to be cited as proof that we're still in a major conference. The conference is a dumpster fire, no doubt. The latest Palm ranking I saw had it ranked behind every BCS conference - of course - and behind the A10 and West Coast Conference too, ever-so-slightly edging out the Mountain West. People can gripe about the AP poll disrespect but when you have this low a profile that's going to happen. Ollie has his work cut out for him on the recruiting front.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wow! that's what I call making a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Houston is 8-5 but have no wins, zero, against teams in the top 150. The Power Conference teams they've lost to include the likes of Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Do you consider Louisiana-Lafayette and San Diego State to be in Power Conferences? This league and our schedule is going to be a problem soon enough. FYI, there are plenty of seats available for this one. The hope is that with ranked opponent UConn in town and the dedication of the renovated building they will set a season high over 4000 fans in the seats...
You play the teams on the schedule. UConn is on the road for their first conference game vs. a team that has some history. Houston has steadily improved in terms of W-L record over the last few years. Win and move on.

Cue the poster dragging out some obscure power ranking that has the American ranked ahead of the SEC to be cited as proof that we're still in a major conference. The conference is a dumpster fire, no doubt. The latest Palm ranking I saw had it ranked behind every BCS conference - of course - and behind the A10 and West Coast Conference too, ever-so-slightly edging out the Mountain West. People can gripe about the AP poll disrespect but when you have this low a profile that's going to happen. Ollie has his work cut out for him on the recruiting front.
If Coach Ollie puts players in the NBA, UConn will be fine no matter in which conference they play. The single biggest advantage that Coach Calhoun had over his Big East brethren is that UConn players got drafted in the Lottery and Coach Calhoun helped get them there.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this since we ended up in this mess and nobody wants to hear or believe it. Whistling past the graveyard as they say. And we still have Louisville this year. Imagine when they're gone and they've been replaced with Tulane. Yuck! Think we're being disrespected now, just wait a year or 2. We are in a league that is barely functional as a basketball entity. And further more, 50% of the schools really don't much care.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this since we ended up in this mess and nobody wants to hear or believe it. Whistling past the graveyard as they say. And we still have Louisville this year. Imagine when they're gone and they've been replaced with Tulane. Yuck! Think we're being disrespected now, just wait a year or 2. We are in a league that is barely functional as a basketball entity. And further more, 50% of the schools really don't much care.

And what do you plan to do to fix it? The conference sucks, compared to our old one were in the Horizon league, but we cant do a damn thing about it, so just deal with it until we don't have to

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Everybody knows this. It's just most people realize that b*****ing about it 24/7 gets us nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom