New Yahoo article | Page 8 | The Boneyard

New Yahoo article

Reaction Score
No college coach wins without a point guard.

And it was the coach who miscast Sterling Gibbs in that role and didn't hand Jalen Adams the keys until it was too late.

He really mismanaged that team. The talent on that roster should have been good enough for a Top 15 ranking and a 4 seed.

Reaction Score
People shouldn’t confuse the federal investigation with anything the NCAA is going to do. Most likely the NCAA will start looking into things once the Feds have finished. Don’t forget that this investigation is being led by the US Attorney for the Soythern District of NY. Same office that goes after Wall Street crimes, the Gambino family, FIFA. They know how to follow a money trail better than just about anyone. And I would guess that they have told Emmert and his keystone kops to keep the heck out of the way until they are finished. Hence Emmert’s standing back and saying it is on the schools. Once everything is done there will be time enough for penalties and bans and all the rest.

And what the NCAA fears most of all. A call from CBS saying “We want to renegotiate our deal for the NCAA Tournament.” That will be the demise of Emmert if nothing else is first.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And it was the coach who miscast Sterling Gibbs in that role and didn't hand Jalen Adams the keys until it was too late.

He really mismanaged that team. The talent on that roster should have been good enough for a Top 15 ranking and a 4 seed.

It took him too long to switch, without question, but freshman JA wasn't leading us anywhere. The team had no elite players. No one even close. No higher than a 6 imo.

An earlier switch to JA does not jump them from a 9 seed to a 4 seed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Miller was very good. We should have been feeding him the ball from game 1.

Without question. The scheme didn't work for what they had. I'm not arguing that coaching didn't let them down.

I just find it hard to believe they go from a 9seed to a 4seed. They were limited. Beginning of the year JA would not have played like end of the year JA. And Miller had a real difficult time with big front lines like Kansas.

Again, the most important factor is that they had no elite players.

Reaction Score
Without question. The scheme didn't work for what they had. I'm not arguing that coaching didn't let them down.

I just find it hard to believe they go from a 9seed to a 4seed. They were limited. Beginning of the year JA would not have played like end of the year JA. And Miller had a real difficult time with big front lines like Kansas.

Again, the most important factor is that they had no elite players.
Yeah going from a 9 to a 4 seed would have been crazy for that team but we did underachieve. We really should have been closer to a 6 seed and a fringe top 25 team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It took him too long to switch, without question, but freshman JA wasn't leading us anywhere. The team had no elite players. No one even close. No higher than a 6 imo.

An earlier switch to JA does not jump them from a 9 seed to a 4 seed.

How dare you have such low expectations. Are you even a UConn fan?

Also, isn’t it on the coach to make sure a team has enough elite players?

Reaction Score
Wish I had your faith. I see restructuring how things work and keeping past violations in the past and just move forward. Too many of the big money making teams involved for any real penalties imposed.
Did you read the post above yours?

Reaction Score
Wish I had your faith. I see restructuring how things work and keeping past violations in the past and just move forward. Too many of the big money making teams involved for any real penalties imposed.
This makes no sense. It's the Feds, not the NCAA conducting the investigation, and once all the information is public the NCAA will be forced to impose real penalties in order to justify their existence.

Reaction Score
So won't all of the school's "involved" just state that they had no knowledge of any of this as it was through an agency and then get off scot-free?
Of course. Then the NCAA will drop the hammer on some G5 school and thump it's chest.

Reaction Score
Luckily the FBI will make the end of this season interesting

Reaction Score
Anyone else see Emmert squirm on NBC news tonight? Sweet. Shabbaz couldn’t have done any better.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
“Wade is in his first year coaching at LSU, where he’s cast a national recruiting net and had a spree of success landing blue-chip recruits out of Connecticut and Florida shortly after getting hired“
He’s just a very persuasive guy.

Reaction Score

There’s waters

And Naz Reid. I remember that kid coming up to Storrs when he was a Freshman before the big guns got on him.

Somebody was recruiting too well and caused the NCAA to take notice, based on nothing but rumors. Meanwhile, every big time team in the country is seeming dirty as hell as evidenced by the FBI findings. I would be pissed if I was an LSU fan but they probably will be found to deserve it.

Reaction Score
Another thing that just struck my mind about these college athletes being payed. Why dont more college athletes go play in europe for a year before going to the nba if they want to get payed? I know the competition and atmosphere is way different but if you want to get payed so much that shouldnt matter. Recently saw a documentary on Ben Simmons and how he had to become a one and done but really just wanted to go to the nba and could care less about going to college. He couldnt go to the nba straight out of HS due to the nba rule but why wouldnt he just go back to Australia or Europe for a year before going back to play in the NBA?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom