New Yahoo article | The Boneyard

New Yahoo article

Reaction Score
Fultz got paid at Washington. Remember Chillious was the point man

Fultz is on the list, but all the article has are expense reports and financials from the agency that's in the federal crosshairs. This is going to raise a ton of eligibility/ineligible player issues but what's provided in the article - at this point anyway - doesn't show that any particular schools were directly involved or had knowledge of payments.

Reaction Score
This article is about some of the players being recruited by agents. Who cares. I want to know how uncle Wes and the squid funneled money to players to have ten of them go to Kentucky each year. I care more about schools buying recruits than I do agents buying clients.

Diamond Stone didn't choose Maryland because Andy Miller gave him 10k. He went because Kevin Plank gave him 100.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There’s potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools.

The documents link some of the sport’s biggest current stars – Michigan State’s Miles Bridges, Alabama’s Collin Sexton and Duke’s Wendell Carter – to specific potential extra benefits for either the athletes or their family members. The amounts tied to players in the case range from basic meals to tens of thousands of dollars.

A decent amount of players uconn when after that went on to other schools are listed

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The nba should work with the ncaa to strip any agents of their ability to work for the league if they are talking to kids. They should also get rid of the one and done rule

Reaction Score
Juicy.

Names in that article:
Dennis Smith (NC State)
Isaiah Whitehead (Seton Hall)
Tim Quarterman (LSU)
Diamond Stone (Maryland)
Bam Adebayo (Kentucky)
Markelle Fultz (Washington)
Bennie Boatwright (USC)
Chimezie Metu (USC)
Eric Davis (Texas)
Brian Bowen (Louisville/South Carolina)
Kyle Kuzma (Utah)
P.J. Dozier (South Carolina)
Edmond Sumner (Xavier)
Fred VanVleet (Wichita State)
Jaron Blossomgame (Clemson)
Josh Jackson (Kansas)
Miles Bridges (MSU)
Collin Sexton (Alabama)
Wendell Carter (Duke)
Kevin Knox (Kentucky)
Tony Bradley (UNC)
Justin Patton (Creighton)
Prince Ibeh (Texas)
Demetrius Jackson (Notre Dame)
Wade Baldwin (Vanderbilt)
Malcolm Brogdon (Virginia)
Monte Morris (Iowa State)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This article is about some of the players being recruited by agents. Who cares. I want to know how uncle Wes and the squid funneled money to players to have ten of them go to Kentucky each year. I care more about schools buying recruits than I do agents buying clients.

Diamond Stone didn't choose Maryland because Andy Miller gave him 10k. He went because Kevin Plank gave him 100.
Maybe it’ll come out. I’m sure most coaches know what’s going on and might use asm as a middle man

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

It's important because schools aren't necessarily paying players directly--I think agents and shoe companies were, and that's how the school set up a system to pay players--right? I wouldn't be led to believe that schools were then paying back the agencies, as some of the players are described as having been 'bad' loans

Reaction Score
This is the tip of the iceberg. Clearly, whoever is leaking info to Thamel wants the shoe to drop before the NCAA tourney. Expect these articles to escalate the next few weeks. Grab some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy. I haven't been this interested in college hoops since 2014.

Reaction Score
So won't all of the school's "involved" just state that they had no knowledge of any of this as it was through an agency and then get off scot-free?

Reaction Score
It's important because schools aren't necessarily paying players directly--I think agents and shoe companies were, and that's how the school set up a system to pay players--right? I wouldn't be led to believe that schools were then paying back the agencies, as some of the players are described as having been 'bad' loans
In this article, it seems to me that Markell Futz received money while at Washington not to go to Washington. Huge distinction between that and what went on at Louisville. I suppose there are many follow up questions but most important was when did he receive this money. Before he enrolled? First semester? Once the season ended?

Reaction Score
Maybe it’ll come out. I’m sure most coaches know what’s going on and might use asm as a middle man
Absolutely. Only one lazy, sloppy coach would get directly involved. I see you Rick! But they all know what is going on. Coach K knows, even if he chooses to turn a blind eye. The case of Duke is linear. Go back and trace when they became average to when they started out recruiting Kentucky. How did that happen? Straight cash homie. Look at Zion Williamson. Anytime a recruit like that pulls a last minute surprise, someone got involved behind the scenes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So won't all of the school's "involved" just state that they had no knowledge of any of this as it was through an agency and then get off scot-free?

Xavier first to punch.

Reaction Score
Juicy.

Names in that article:
Dennis Smith (NC State)
Isaiah Whitehead (Seton Hall)
Tim Quarterman (LSU)
Diamond Stone (Maryland)
Bam Adebayo (Kentucky)
Markelle Fultz (Washington)
Bennie Boatwright (USC)
Chimezie Metu (USC)
Eric Davis (Texas)
Brian Bowen (Louisville/South Carolina)
Kyle Kuzma (Utah)
P.J. Dozier (South Carolina)
Edmond Sumner (Xavier)
Fred VanVleet (Wichita State)
Jaron Blossomgame (Clemson)
Josh Jackson (Kansas)
Miles Bridges (MSU)
Collin Sexton (Alabama)
Wendell Carter (Duke)
Kevin Knox (Kentucky)
Tony Bradley (UNC)
Justin Patton (Creighton)
Prince Ibeh (Texas)
Demetrius Jackson (Notre Dame)
Wade Baldwin (Vanderbilt)
Malcolm Brogdon (Virginia)
Monte Morris (Iowa State)
Stone, Boatwright & Kuzma were the only ones from this list we recruited hard.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Let's not count our chickens until they've hatched... I sure there's more to come and that this is the first of many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom