New transfer thread | The Boneyard

New transfer thread

Reaction Score
I think UNC and Tennessee will have a couple of more players transferring out in a couple of weeks

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Danielle Patterson is Transferring from ND. She's 6'2" and from Queens NY. I'm sure ND expected more from Danielle.

Considering that she won their most improved award this year, I think they expected to get it next season.

Reaction Score
Hearing Sidney Cooks is going to visit Miss St
Doesn’t Sidney Cooks have to sit for a transfer year or is there an argument for her immediate eligibility? Otherwise that would put her in the same class as their other two posts. Unless she is an amazing talent I don’t see it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Doesn’t Sidney Cooks have to sit for a transfer year or is there an argument for her immediate eligibility? Otherwise that would put her in the same class as their other two posts. Unless she is an amazing talent I don’t see it.
Cooks is a 6’4” forward who is an exceptional 3pt shooter, can handle the ball, rebound and play defense. Any team in the country would love to have her for 2 years.

Reaction Score
A word of wisdom for all these transfers.;)

I have a friend who likes to job hop, trying to find greener pasture, and pretty much every single time he would tell me after a few months that things are not much different, or sometimes even worse at the new job. When I tell my wife about this, she said next time he wants to move again to tell him "When you want to go look for greener pasture, look down your feet". :p

Reaction Score

Cooks is a great player

Even if she has to sit out a year that would be a great grab for anyone. Her size, ball handling, ability to shoot the ball would be a big asset for any team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who knows? NCAA rulings on this these days seems as capricious as a soap bubble. Personally I've been imploring Alex to let me buy a clue. "That'll be 'How the heck should I know?' for $200".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Source?

Person in the State basketball program. Its not just me speculating off the top of my head. Now going from Michigan St all the way down to Starkville would be quite the contrast.

State is entertaining multiple transfers right now, with another very notable one on here that has been discussed Minyon Moore.

Reaction Score
I think Cooks would be a great addition, but the timing and scholarship availability is not optimal. As is, they only have two scholarships open for 2020, and they are also pursuing the 6’6” JUCO transfer. Cooks would give them 3 bigs in one class.

On the other hand, 6’4” and 40+% from three is too good to pass up.

Also worth noting Vic and Suzy will be coaching the Pan-American games together this summer.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think Cooks would be a great addition, but the timing and scholarship availability is not optimal. As is, they only have two scholarships open for 2020, and they are also pursuing the 6’6” JUCO transfer. Cooks would give them 3 bigs in one class.

On the other hand, 6’4” and 40+% from three is too good to pass up.

Also worth noting Vic and Suzy will be coaching the Pan-American games together this summer.

I'd take Cooks and Morris. We want at least one spot open for a 2020 recruit, in which case I can see someone currently on our team transferring out.

However, I know Morris is visiting. Not sure who said Cooks was visiting, but if so the news will get out pretty soon.

Reaction Score
I'd take Cooks and Morris. We want at least one spot open for a 2020 recruit, in which case I can see someone currently on our team transferring out.

However, I know Morris is visiting. Not sure who said Cooks was visiting, but if so the news will get out pretty soon.

Who is Morris? Do you mean (Minyon) Moore? Or is Morris the the 6'6" JUCO transfer mentioned?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton has followed: UCONN, Quentin Hillsman and Dawn Staley on Twitter.
I can easily see her at SC or Syracuse, but UConn? Hmm, hard to see it. But then again, I said the same thing about Westbrook.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The "T leaves" (that's T as in Twitter) suggest Cooks is likely to land in Starkville.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The "T leaves" (that's T as in Twitter) suggest Cooks is likely to land in Starkville.

Interesting. Does she want to play on the perimeter with Jackson? They have similar games IMO?

Reaction Score
Interesting. Does she want to play on the perimeter with Jackson? They have similar games IMO?
If what @Plebe suggested is true, she would be a gigantic help if somehow, someway she became immediately eligible. I think she would be a really good 4 in Vic’s system.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Raoul Man of Mystery reports that Rebecca Ripley, a redshirt freshman at Miami (FL), is transferring to UCF. She played very little this year, averaging only 3.3 minutes per game in 15 games played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom