New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 31 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
There really wasn't much hype with TVO, ESPN had her ranked as#12 transfer.

The hype for USC is that last year with JuJu show year 1, the NCAA committee already had them ranked top 4 with a #1 seed.

Now in year 2 of JuJu, you add an all-american forward, a top ranked Freshman class, and an experienced guard with great leadership skills. Certainly the improved team can't now be worse than top 4 again.

On TVO, you know exactly what you are getting. 10, 5 and 5 with career 34% 3pt shooting, defense and most importantly selflessness and leadership for the freshmen. As a combo guard, she'll just slide in next to JuJu and do what's necessary to win.

What's exciting about the add is the great fit.
If you don't like TVO, who from the portal would have been a better option?
It’s all about fit. Southern Cal can use the smarts and experience TVO brings given it will have seven freshmen and only three returnees (Watkins, Marshall and Akunwafo) who got appreciable minutes last season. As others have noted TVO doesn’t have the athleticism or defensive prowess of others in the portal.

I think TVO’s former teammates in the portal rising sophomores Donovyn Hunter and Dominika Paurova would make better pickups for a lot of teams. They are taller and quicker than TVO and can score inside and out.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's a real shame, I don't think any D1 teams have a frog for a mascot (or any kind of amphibian?). A Horned Frog is as close as we get, and that's not a frog at all, it's a lizard. Real missed opportunity.

Now smaller schools have some classy mascots. Out West I'm aware of a Geoduck (clam) and a Banana Slug.
What is a terrapin?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's a real shame, I don't think any D1 teams have a frog for a mascot (or any kind of amphibian?). A Horned Frog is as close as we get, and that's not a frog at all, it's a lizard. Real missed opportunity.

Now smaller schools have some classy mascots. Out West I'm aware of a Geoduck (clam) and a Banana Slug.

What about the flying pickles of NC School of the Arts? My Pickles :cool:

I think i may have had a thread about favorite mascots some off seasons ago... My memory aint the best.

Reaction Score
Bunch of greedy #$@% @#$%* ®©£§ :oops::mad:
And good afternoon to you too sir.
Fox 6 Respect GIF by WBRC FOX6 News

Reaction Score
reptile I believe
A terrapin is a type of turtle (hence the IMO ridiculous UMD "fear the turtle" motto and merchandise, even if my darling daughter went to school there). It is a reptile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom