New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Well, USC are certainly a title contender now. Iriafen combined with Watkins and a bunch of top freshmen recruits and another solid experienced player in Marshall.

I guess the rest of the teams in the Big 10 just have to hope USC somehow have chemistry issues.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Woj bomb in the middle of NBA Playoffs.

No surprise. I expected she would stay on the west coast.

Well, U$C certainly knows how to buy its way into being a championship contender. Like Cam, I think I'm ready to move on to focusing on the W, where at least there's rules against pay to play.

Reaction Score
My New Years resolution is I'm going to be nice on Sundays.

Did Chen look at any other schools?
Why would she? Would it make you happy if she took a look at Dook and decided "nah"?

Reaction Score
Well, U$C certainly knows how to buy its way into being a championship contender. Like Cam, I think I'm ready to move on to focusing on the W, where at least there's rules against pay to play.
My question is why is everyone so sure payment was her reason? Isn't she native to LA and she's the missing piece that the Southern Cal roster is missing.

Reaction Score
My question is why is everyone so sure payment was her reason? Isn't she native to LA and she's the missing piece that the Southern Cal roster is missing.
I don’t know about “ payment” in the sense of Southern Cal” paying her anything. However, the NIL possibility in that TV market are almost unlimited.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
She was reportedly receiving $700k collective offers mid-season, and her stock only rose during the tournament after the 41-point ISU game. I'd be shocked if U$C didn't offer her at least that.

Reaction Score
So how are terp fans feeling. I think they've been almost underrated the past couple years in terms of their portal acquisitions. Anyways is this lineup top 3 in Big Ten

Shyanne Sellers
Bri McDaniels
Kaylene Smikle
Saylor Poffenberger
Amari Deberry

Reaction Score
She was reportedly receiving $700k collective offers mid-season, and her stock only rose during the tournament after the 41-point ISU game. I'd be shocked if U$C didn't offer her at least that.
$700k collective offers ? I don’t believe a word of it! Why was she gonna visit us? Our collective pays only 25k.

Can she get $750k in private NIL? Okay, that I can believe.,

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
$700k collective offers ? I don’t believe a word of it! Why was she gonna visit us? Our collective pays only 25k.

Can she get $750k in private NIL? Okay, that I can believe.,
Sorry, I mean collectively the amounts the coaches were throwing out at her were $700k. I don't know how much of it was technically coming from a booster collective vs other NIL sources, but the impression was very much assured it would happen if she transferred there. From my vantage point, whatever the source, they're using the offer of that much money to buy her services for the year.

(and yeah, there's a reason your USC doesn't get the dollar sign pejorative - $700k is pocket change for the U$C fanbase).

Reaction Score
So how are terp fans feeling. I think they've been almost underrated the past couple years in terms of their portal acquisitions. Anyways is this lineup top 3 in Big Ten

Shyanne Sellers
Bri McDaniels
Kaylene Smikle
Saylor Poffenberger
Amari Deberry
No. USC, UCLA, tOSU. Nebraska should be good as well.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Is ND going to get any transfers? :confused:
The only position we might need a "big-time" transfer would have been a 5 (To ease in Koval). Now it seems she will be a starter, which isn't bad at all. We just desperately need depth in the post. I'm thankful KK is coming back. It saves us from needing another portal player. I still think we need 3, for a roster size of at least 11.
I won't try to hijack this thread (which shouldn't be on any one team), because the Irish haven't, as noted, gotten a new player yet.
But they did keep one person who had entered the portal: KK Bransford; and that was a win. Never thought Iriafen would leave the Left Coast with a chance to return home to LA.

Folks are getting nervous over on the Bench because the Irish need to get at least two players due to Watson's injury and Marshall leaving to get starter's minutes. It's a tough sell because of the other four starters. Coach Ivey needs to find another Lauren Ebo and/or Anna DeWolfe. Stay tuned. (Will post on this in the ND section).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom