New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
The Olsen commitment put Iowa at 15 scholarships so no room for Scherr. Considering what Iowa lost to graduation, getting a PG was a bigger priority than a wing.

Iowa has an incoming freshman PG Aliyah Guyton (ranked #58 overall) but she sadly tore her ACL this January. Not sure if she'll recover quickly enough to play this season.
Would it even make sense for her to try would be my question. Redshirt, keep the eligibility and prepare for 2025 seems like a better option.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Recency bias. Sometimes people forget Samantha Logic, Kathleen Doyle and Megan Gustafson. Bluder has had some good teams.

Yep. I saw them in Greensboro in 2019 take out State before losing to Baylor in the Regional Final. Other than Maryland they are probably the most consistently good squad in the Big 10

Reaction Score
...but these days, it's not over til it's over. They make more money together as twins, and Miami is a better city for them to work from...so a move would make sense.
They still live in Miami presently and like playing together as they've done their entire careers. They definitely are a primary example of the direction Miami wants to take the program in in the future - and for more than one reason.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting. What's your perspective on O'Grady and how she's progressed at this point? As a freshman, Iowa staff and fans were high on her potential. Based on Stuelke getting playing time ahead of her, it seems that it hasn't developed to where they would hope it would be.
One thing to remember about O'Grady, before arriving at Iowa she only played the post position in high school for her FR season. After that Lauren Betts took the post while O'Grady moved to the PF playing away from the paint more often.

Lisa and Jan like their posts to play aggressive and be physical, this is what O'Grady has struggled the most with at Iowa. She's shown flashes of what she can do but has been inconsistent leading to inconsistent playing time and some DNP's. I also believe her confidence took a hit as Caitlin was very demanding and hard on her this past season. If you watched a lot of games, you could see Caitlin didn't have full trust in her and didn't look for her in the post as often as her other teammates did. Iowa will look a lot different obviously next season with a little slower pace and more inside-out action which should help O'Grady out in her last go around.

Reaction Score
They still live in Miami presently and like playing together as they've done their entire careers. They definitely are a primary example of the direction Miami wants to take the program in in the future - and for more than one reason.
What are the reasons? And they literally are the past...not the future. If I'm a recruit, I'm asking why would I want to play here when you have to unretire players to fill a roster?

Reaction Score
What are the reasons? And they literally are the past...not the future. If I'm a recruit, I'm asking why would I want to play here when you have to unretire players to fill a roster?
Maybe, but while there, Hailey's play helped them get to the Elite 8. Can't say the same for the guards who took over this season. I think Collup's playing style could be a decent fit.

Reaction Score
I believe TCU. I’m sure their staff recruited her to Oregon out of high school. Lots of big scorers in their backcourt between Cavinder, Conner, and Van Lith.

I asked about Cavinder since her sister is coming back. There is talk that she is going back to Miami.

Reaction Score
I believe TCU. I’m sure their staff recruited her to Oregon out of high school. Lots of big scorers in their backcourt between Cavinder, Conner, and Van Lith.
Im a little mixed on this one. Conner, Hailey Van Lith, Prince are really good, but Prince has to stay healthy. I like some of the other pieces on their team as well (uma j and AEN from Stanford,). I know there coach is huge into pick and roll and ball screen actions which will probably be good for her to know and learn. I know they are more of an offensive team so I think that will be beneficial. I also think tcu is a bit less n the mainstream, so I guess there will be a bit less attention on her. I liked the idea of Stanford or Duke

Reaction Score
Im a little mixed on this one. Conner, Hailey Van Lith, Prince are really good, but Prince has to stay healthy. I like some of the other pieces on their team as well (uma j and AEN from Stanford,). I know there coach is huge into pick and roll and ball screen actions which will probably be good for her to know and learn. I know they are more of an offensive team so I think that will be beneficial. I also think tcu is a bit less n the mainstream, so I guess there will be a bit less attention on her. I liked the idea of Stanford or Duke
I'm a huge fan of TCU's coach, Mark Campbell. I feel like he was the person most responsible for Oregon's two year burst of glory (not Graves). He did well in each of his brief spots as a head coach before arriving at TCU and making them relatively competitive in his first year despite not having enough players to even play several games.

I think Campbell will recruit decently and slowly build them into one of the best in the conference. Wouldn't shock me if the gets Jazzy out of this recruiting class, (Surprised? yes. Shocked? No.)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not trying to veer, however at this point, Hailey Van Lith needs to go someplace that's going to accentuate her skills, let her improve whatever she needs, in order to have a pro career.

Reaction Score
Just a more sophisticated version of 1 and done.

Except that 1 and Dones are making millions with their rookie contracts, so their education credentials are less important.

She probably won’t even make the W.

Reaction Score

Oh wow--a big big with some upside!

She picked the right conference, for sure. And if Penn State can continue shooting the ball well from three, they may not be as bad as people predict them to be in 2024-25.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
This Skim Milkey character is nailing it, has recently called transfers in for Iowa, Ohio State, TCU, Colorado State, UNLV.

And Skim Milkey has "predictions" out for UConn and Tennessee. The one for UConn went up on April 13.

So would not be shocked to hear some good news in the next few days.

Reaction Score
Not trying to veer, however at this point, Hailey Van Lith needs to go someplace that's going to accentuate her skills, let her improve whatever she needs, in order to have a pro career.
Isn't Campbell known to be the coach who helped develop Ionescu? I can see why she would go there if that's the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom