New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
This helps Iowa bridge the gap of the loss of Clark, Martin, Davis and Marshall. Also gives Affoelter and Stuelke more support while the rest of the team find their way next season. Still curious to see how O'Grady progresses next season. Depth at the post remains a question mark to me.
This is a good pickup but things will look a lot different next season and we'll need to be patient as it all comes together.

With the planned move of Stuelke back to the 4, we'll have 3 posts including O'Grady, Ediger, and Heiden one of the top posts in the '24 class. I think the 4-5's will be good with all the versatility at those spots including depth at the 4 from Gyamfi and incoming FR Mallegni. It's the overall depth at the 1-2 that is the real question mark.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This helps Iowa bridge the gap of the loss of Clark, Martin, Davis and Marshall. Also gives Affoelter and Stuelke more support while the rest of the team find their way next season. Still curious to see how O'Grady progresses next season. Depth at the post remains a question mark to me.
Feuerbach had her moments, and McCabe can shoot the ball. Both will likely have a bigger role next season.

Reaction Score
This is a good pickup but things will look a lot different next season and we'll need to be patient as it all comes together.

With the planned move of Stuelke back to the 4, we'll have 3 posts including O'Grady, Ediger, and Heiden one of the top posts in the '24 class. I think the 4-5's will be good with all the versatility at those spots including depth at the 4 from Gyamfi and incoming FR Mallegni. It's the overall depth at the 1-2 that is the real question mark.
Interesting. What's your perspective on O'Grady and how she's progressed at this point? As a freshman, Iowa staff and fans were high on her potential. Based on Stuelke getting playing time ahead of her, it seems that it hasn't developed to where they would hope it would be.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yup.
She'll also bridge the gap at guard until Addy Deal arrives in 2025. I have no idea if Iowa has any PG's coming ....

Reaction Score

She woulda been a great compliment to Olsen. Even like a Kate Martin in terms of grit and toughness. In any event I'm sure she'll find a team that's a good fit. Rooting for her. Can't wait to see where some of these other one year transfer guards land (Hailey Van Lith, chen, deja Kelly, phelia).

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Yup.
She'll also bridge the gap at guard until Addy Deal arrives in 2025. I have no idea if Iowa has any PG's coming ....
I think this is a great fit. Olsen not a savior, but she can have fun in the Clark role. She will get a chance to up her game going up against a big 10 schedule.

It's also a good match with team, culture, campus etc. Maybe not as exciting as Los Angeles lol, but an amazing place to play women's basketball.

I think Iowa will surprise and make it back into top 20 next year. The players coming back had great experience going up against powers like SC, LSU and UConn that will give them confidence in big games.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score

The Olsen commitment put Iowa at 15 scholarships so no room for Scherr. Considering what Iowa lost to graduation, getting a PG was a bigger priority than a wing.

Iowa has an incoming freshman PG Aliyah Guyton (ranked #58 overall) but she sadly tore her ACL this January. Not sure if she'll recover quickly enough to play this season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Iowa went to the WNIT back to back in '16 and '17. Other than that, they've made the Tourney every year since 2008. Coach Bluder knows what she's doing. She's lost star players before and keeps rolling along.
Recency bias. Sometimes people forget Samantha Logic, Kathleen Doyle and Megan Gustafson. Bluder has had some good teams.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The Olsen commitment put Iowa at 15 scholarships so no room for Scherr. Considering what Iowa lost to graduation, getting a PG was a bigger priority than a wing.

Iowa has an incoming freshman PG Aliyah Guyton (ranked #58 overall) but she sadly tore her ACL this January. Not sure if she'll recover quickly enough to play this season.
I dont know what Scherr is looking for (NIL?) but i think she would do great in Kenny Brooks system.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom