New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 47 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon St. got a transfer from Baylor that I've never heard of before. Looked her up, averaged like 1 ppg over 2 years.

Reaction Score
Any notables left in the portal?

Barker?
Did Lety vasconcelos ever sign anywhere. 6'7 with 3 years remaining. Pretty intriguing. But I agree Barker and Paurova r two players who could make a pretty big impact. On3 has an article about Paurova recently basically saying she was considering (Penn State, Michigan, Kentucky, and Arkansas). Michigan would be pretty fun imo. Kentucky as well.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 20240528_131111.jpg
    20240528_131111.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 65

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't know how I feel about Barker at UCLA. It doesn't feel like a good fit to me. I would expect her to come off the bench behind Betts and/or Gardiner.

Isnt UCLA an adidas school?

Reaction Score
Wow. UCLA now has the top-3 players from the 2022 class and four of the top-6.

Betts, Gardiner, Barker, Dugalic, Bessoir, Muse, Sontag. Really deep.
Bessoir and Sontag no longer on the UCLA WBB Team. Bessoir chose not to take her extra year. Back in Germany rehabbing and hoping to be available for the German Women Olympic Bball team.
Sontag retired (sort of) to focus on gaining admission to Medical School also in Germany. She has stated she wants to continue to play basketball.

From the 2022 entering class UCLA will have #1 Betts, #2 Rice, #3 Barker, #6 Gardiner, #19 Jaquez and #22 Jones next season. Plus McD AA’s Dugalic, Muse, Kendall Dudley and Zania Socka-Nguemen. Charlisse Leger-Walker, Avary Cain, and Finnish freshman guard Elina Aarnisalo round out the 13 player roster. UCLA’s most talented wbb roster ever. Hope they mesh and make a deeper tournament run than in years past. The two USC vs UCLA games will make for huge WBB events in LA next season.

Reaction Score
I don't know how I feel about Barker at UCLA. It doesn't feel like a good fit to me. I would expect her to come off the bench behind Betts and/or Gardiner.
Yeah I agree. I never understand moves like this. And I typically don't understand it from the coach/schools perspective. Dugalic is a 5th year, Betts was one of the most improved players. Then you sign Gardener which makes sense, she spreads the floor, is only scratching the surface of who she could be as her first year was married by injury. To add Barker though, who at one point was trying to go to the league after three years, idk. So you have 80 minutes for 4 quality bigs. If anything I thought Barker needed to be in a place where she could be more aggressive and have more touches

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yeah I agree. I never understand moves like this. And I typically don't understand it from the coach/schools perspective. Dugalic is a 5th year, Betts was one of the most improved players. Then you sign Gardener which makes sense, she spreads the floor, is only scratching the surface of who she could be as her first year was married by injury. To add Barker though, who at one point was trying to go to the league after three years, idk. So you have 80 minutes for 4 quality bigs. If anything I thought Barker needed to be in a place where she could be more aggressive and have more touches

It's great for UCLA from a roster talent perspective. The frontcourt players will have to buy into shared minutes and be happy when they aren't on the court playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom