New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 51 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Position: Road Runner. Now that's a new one! :D
I heard coach Thibault-DuDonis (who is one of my favorite young coaches) explain that term on a podcast. She said there is almost a stigma to being considered a rim runner (post) among many young players today when so much attention is on perimeter players. She tasked her husband/assistant coach to come up with another term, and he came up with road runner. At some point, among team members, that got organically changed to meep meeps, referring to the iconic cartoon character's only noise. Now, that has been shortened to Meeps.

And, now you know more than you ever wanted to know about why Fairfield has a position they formally call Road Runner. :D

Thibault-DuDonis is a real up and comer in coaching ranks. If she decides to leave Fairfield at some point, I'd love to see her in the Big East. I think her system would be a great fit there, but I'm sure she can adapt to other styles. That five-out-offense sure is fun to watch, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard coach Thibault-DuDonis (who is one of my favorite young coaches) explain that term on a podcast. She said there is almost a stigma to being considered a rim runner (post) among many young players today when so much attention is on perimeter players. She tasked her husband/assistant coach to come up with another term, and he came up with road runner. At some point, among team members, that got organically changed to meep meeps, referring to the iconic cartoon character's only noise. Now, that has been shortened to Meeps.

And, now you know more than you ever wanted to know about why Fairfield has a position they formally call Road Runner. :D

Thibault-DuDonis is a real up and comer in coaching ranks. If she decides to leave Fairfield at some point, I'd love to see her in the Big East. I think her playing style would be a great fit there, but I'm sure she can adapt to other styles. That five-out-offense sure is fun to watch, though.
Love the creativity and how the team has adopted the concept. I low-key geek out on tidbits like this.

Also, I'm in agreement re Coach Thibault-DuDonis. She's worked her way up with two different programs (Miss State and Minnesota) and has done well since becoming a HC. Looking forward to seeing how a Canadian Cyanne John will fair in her system. She's an athletic forward/wing who I think will thrive there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon
Top Bottom