New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 50 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
You want me to make a bold prediction and be specific? Well, I won't do that exactly, but I'd think middle of the pack.
Oh, no....the last thing we want is to jinx the team. ;)

When you said turnaround, my brain went to years. Your answer clarifies what you meant.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh, no....the last thing we want is to jinx the team. ;)

When you said turnaround, my brain went to years. Your answer clarifies what you meant.
Yeah, I was thinking somewhat immediate. Not much place to go but up from last year. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Is an NCAA violation part of the Hagemann story here? NCAA bylaw 13.10.2.1 states, in part, “Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution’s written offer of admission and/or financial aid … a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete.” My understanding (open to being corrected) is that recruiting rules apply to transfers.

After Hagemann committed to Ole Miss, Coach Yo released a statement about her:

“I’m incredibly excited about the addition of DeeDee, McPhee-McCuin said in an official statement on Saturday. “I was able to form a relationship with her and her family during Covid, so we picked up right where we left off once she went into the portal. DeeDee is a dynamic guard that can score but loves to facilitate and set her teammates up for success. She’s also a competitor that will fit right into our defensive system.”

If Hagemann had signed with Ole Miss, it would be too late now to re-enter the portal, correct? But if she hadn't signed with Ole Miss, then Coach Yo should not have released a statement about her, correct? Curious situation. Open to being corrected.

Reaction Score
Is an NCAA violation part of the Hagemann story here? NCAA bylaw 13.10.2.1 states, in part, “Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution’s written offer of admission and/or financial aid … a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete.” My understanding (open to being corrected) is that recruiting rules apply to transfers.

“I’m incredibly excited about the addition of DeeDee, McPhee-McCuin said in an official statement on Saturday. “I was able to form a relationship with her and her family during Covid, so we picked up right where we left off once she went into the portal. DeeDee is a dynamic guard that can score but loves to facilitate and set her teammates up for success. She’s also a competitor that will fit right into our defensive system.”

If Hagemann had signed with Ole Miss, it would be too late now to re-enter the portal, correct? But if she hadn't signed with Ole Miss, then Coach Yo should not have released a statement about her, correct? Curious situation. Open to being corrected.

Unless she asked to be released from her letter.

Reaction Score

How good a player is D Hagemann? I can’t imagine UM dropping her. She filled a position of need for them.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
How good a player is D Hagemann? I can’t imagine UM dropping her. She filled a position of need for them.
All-B1G second team player. Good balance of offense and defense. She'd be in the mix for at least All-SEC HM.

Reaction Score
She's been a second team all Big 10. Not sure if you meant Mich State or Ole Miss, but I doubt Mich State asked her to leave.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I believe she visited LSU before committing to Ole Miss too. But we filled our guard needs now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom