New Rumor - For what's worth and I do not know | The Boneyard

New Rumor - For what's worth and I do not know

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Reaction Score
that it is worth anything. But someone on the RU board is reporting that UCONN completed its application to the ACC (how short is the app?):

Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 7:43 PM
Re: Very quiet at UConn and RU right now. Shhh...

UCONN has summitted their app. to the A.C.C. No link at this time but thatis the word. As soon as I get a link it will be here.

Things are moving faster than the speed of light.

Know what I mean,
http://espn.go.com/college-spo...ove-source-says
Last edited Today 7:47 PM by Vulpecula

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
President Herbst has been in contact and negotiating with the ACC for several days now.

GG

Reaction Score
President Herbst has been in contact and negotiating with the ACC for several days now.
I am glad to hear that. UCONN has a real go getter in Herbst. Do you know if we were in discussions with the ACC before the Pitt. / Syracuse rumors started to heat up? Do you feel confident that we will land on our feet (ACC or Big 10)?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This has the feel of inevitability, but with it something passes by the wayside and several super conferences will just breed familiarity and push more excitement/meaning out of the NCAAs. I suspect TV revenues will increase, while the chatter about the season, etc., will get narrower and less interesting.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. I think Herbst knew much of the Pitt, Syracuse move before most of us did. She is on top of things and I'm glad she is.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Not surprised at all. I think Herbst knew much of the Pitt, Syracuse move before most of us did. She is on top of things and I'm glad she is.
Where did Pres. Herbst come from, anyway?

Reaction Score
Her prior position (title) was "executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer for the University System of Georgia

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
agree 100%. i'm really hoping UCONN lands somewhere good, at this point in the ACC.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Herbst is also a Duke graduate, 1984 I believe.

Eric, got to agree with you, looks like the ACC is our best bet all around.

Reaction Score
that it is worth anything. But someone on the RU board is reporting that UCONN completed its application to the ACC (how short is the app?):

Very quiet at UConn and RU right now. Shhh...

UCONN has summitted their app. to the A.C.C. No link at this time but thatis the word. As soon as I get a link it will be here.

Things are moving faster than the speed of light.

Is this our chance to finally get away from the Slugsters? God, I hope so!

Reaction Score
It is a smart move for UCONN to move to the ACC as soon as possible. What is the point of waiting for the total collapse of the Big East as we knew it? The writing was on the wall when Pitt and Cuse decided to leave.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am glad to hear that. UCONN has a real go getter in Herbst. Do you know if we were in discussions with the ACC before the Pitt. / Syracuse rumors started to heat up? Do you feel confident that we will land on our feet (ACC or Big 10)?

Yes. Herbst has been very proactive in this whole conference realignment thing. Some people see a lack of press releases as a lack of action but that's not so. Herbst is a very smart woman and she's not going to make any public statements that could burn bridges or come back to haunt UConn.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Yes. Herbst has been very proactive in this whole conference realignment thing. Some people see a lack of press releases as a lack of action but that's not so. Herbst is a very smart woman and she's not going to make any public statements that could burn bridges or come back to haunt UConn.
It's refreshing to have someone who doesn't negotiate via press releases and news conferences.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It looks to me as a merging of the top teams in the BE with the ACC. Its all about the money. The BE teams will be in one division of the ACC with most likely one game with the ACC division and 2 games with the BE division. It will be a power conference and my only concern will be how many teams from the New ACC conference will make it to the NCAAs?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My wife would tell you there are no smart women..... only dumb men.

I will refrain from pointing out that it took a woman in the President's office to clear away some deadwood (overpaid campus cop, reorganizing the medical center, reviewing Hathaway, etc), assume firm control of the direction of the university and breathe new energy into the entire organization.

Oh wait, I just did. Ah well.....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I will refrain from pointing out that it took a woman in the President's office to clear away some deadwood (overpaid campus cop, reorganizing the medical center, reviewing Hathaway, etc), assume firm control of the direction of the university and breathe new energy into the entire organization.

Yup, lots and lots of dumb men.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Don't forget getting rid of the overpaid Head of the Med Center too. Although that maybe what your are referring to with "reorganizing".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
  • a

I imagine the App is a letter that looks something like this:

Hello ACC,

UConn here. We have (good) basketball and football. Can we play with you?

Talk to you soon,

UConn

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I imagine the App is a letter that looks something like this:

Hello ACC,

UConn here. We have (good) basketball and football. Can we play with you?

Talk to you soon,

UConn
LOL

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"It looks to me as a merging of the top teams in the BE with the ACC. Its all about the money. The BE teams will be in one division of the ACC with most likely one game with the ACC division and 2 games with the BE division. It will be a power conference and my only concern will be how many teams from the New ACC conference will make it to the NCAAs?"

I wouldn't worry. There aren't going to be that many conferences, so the number of teams per conference getting in probably becomes meaningless.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UConn vs Rutgers applications to the ACC:

UConn is a higher ranked academic institution. Now #19 of all public institutions. UConn has vastly more athletic success than Rutgers (see the other thread), UConn delivers the New York media market just as much as Rutgers does and strengthens all New Egland media markets with BCU, anything else?

Reaction Score
For every "Yes" their is a "No"! Money is one of the mother's of all evil, loyalty cannot be bought. I am not to happy to see what's going on in the Big East with regards to these football teams. This is a sad day for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom