New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Speaking of Rio, Russia has 1 more shot I think in June to qualify for the Olympics. If they Qualify Ephiphany Prince might be the starting point guard and a 17 year old Maria Vadeeva may also be on the team-Maria is that good.

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough is playing very well just to shut me up because I said she did not deserve to be on the Pre-Season all-American Team.
I don't recall how high on the AA lists Shatori was, but she's a top-20 player in my view. She played well against us.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maria Vadeeva has been playing club ball since she was 14. Club ball in Europe not the same as in US, more like professional. She would be class of 2017 so she has a year to decide and clear the NCAA hurdles if she wants to play US college ball. The hurdles might be substantial or not worth it. Her immediate target is to help get Russia qualified as one of the 12 teams playing in Rio. I think there are 5 spots still open. The uphill part is because I'm not that well connected ( or brave enough) to pick up the phone and call UCONN and say take a look at Julia. For all I know they might have already evaluated her and concluded different than I did.
I think "Professional" in that they get paid. I'd think the level of competition in US college ball surpasses their "Professional". I guess our only hope is someone who is connected would read these posts and make some effort in that direction. UCONN could use more height inside next year and the years after. I've noticed that Geno frequently puts next years starters on the court and their defensive cohesion is ahead of their offense. KLS will have to play more effective inside on both offense and defense in the coming months and years. Julia would sure help there. Hopefully Irwin will hit the weight room early. It seems Geno and co. have given up or have eliminated Kushkituah or Cooks as perspectives. Is Jade still considering UCONN as is LaDazhia?

Reaction Score
30th ranked and rising fast. There is no guarantee that signing Lexi will create this pipeline. I believe I said I was "hoping" it does.
My reasons for hoping:
  • The recruiting landscape has changed significantly and Moriah did not play AAU or HS basketball with any of the current Texas recruits like Lexi is currently doing.
  • There are just more good kids in Texas today. In Moriah class 2012 there were 2 top 25 Kids from Texas Moriah and Alexus Jones. In the HS class immediately following Moriah 2013 there were ZERO (NADA, ZILCH) top 25 kids from Texas and only 1 top 50 kid Imani Wright. 2014-18 the top of the board has been stacked by Texas kids like Turner, Holmes, Cox, Collier, Prince, Richards.
  • Lexi Gordon spent her family's money to visit UCONN & Charli Collier was reportedly planning on doing the same.
  • UCONN was in the running for Turner & Cox up until the end-allegedly
  • Many of these kids are choosing to stay in Texas but if one brave kid (a peer like Lexi) were to leave others may follow-I hope.

This makes sense! I would also like to add that sometimes the first follower is just as important as the leader in beginning a pipeline - just google the youtube video of how to start a movement.

Reaction Score
. KLS will have to play more effective inside on both offense and defense in the coming months and years. ?

Please No!!! KLS is NOT a post. And I think there is a thread created on here that Geno would like KLS to be more like Sveta than Stewie.

That's not to say she shouldn't learn how to low post somewhat and get tougher / rebound better etc.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Please No!!! KLS is NOT a post. And I think there is a thread created on here that Geno would like KLS to be more like Sveta than Stewie.

That's not to say she shouldn't learn how to low post somewhat and get tougher / rebound better etc.
I said more effective. At her size that is a necessity. I never said she should be a post player. But in order to diversify her game inside play on offensive will not only make her better at this level, but as a pro as well. Witness for example EDD. On defense however she'll absolutely need to be better inside in order for UCONN to be competitive .

JordyG

Reaction Score
My ears have heard nothing but I have been tracking mainly 5 post players in Europe.

Virág KISS Hungary 6’4” 2016 –Probably committed to playing club ball somewhere in Europe. Was part of the FIBA All tournament U17 Team summer of 2014 with KLS , Holmes, & Salvadores. Good size and skill set

Iho Lopez Spain 6’4” 2016- Played on the U17 Spanish team with Salvadores and is committed to Florida State next year

Julia Reisingerova 6’4”Czech Republic 2017 –Per ESPN ranked in the 40 and interested in playing college ball in USA. IMO best big in 17 & 18 besides Maria Vadeeva. I have been beating an uphill drum for someone at UCONN to at least take a look at this kid.

Raisa Musina 6’4”Russia 2016 Will likely stay committed to playing club ball for BC Sparta along with Maria Vadeeva. Supreme skill set for a big can pass, shoot 3 point range and runs like a deer. Not your typical euro she actually plays defense and plays it well.

Maria Vadeeva 6’4” Russia 2017 The Cream of the crop IMO and Mike Flynn's-who dubbed her the best FIBA youth player since Stewie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u2_y8JAHJI&feature=player_detailpage

Saw Kiss at the junior tourney (and I watched every game I could), noted she was all tourney team, and stupidly forgot her. Has she committed to play Euro league or is she open to college play? Anyone know?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Saw Kiss at the junior tourney (and I watched every game I could), noted she was all tourney team, and stupidly forgot her. Has she committed to play Euro league or is she open to college play? Anyone know?
Likely staying in Europe. Is she was coming stateside the process would have to started already (NCAA clearing house and SAT scores etc.) & something would have leaked out. Unless some team is doing this completely under the radar which would be the smart way to go.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Likely staying in Europe. Is she was coming stateside the process would have to started already (NCAA clearing house and SAT scores etc.) & something would have leaked out. Unless some team is doing this completely under the radar which would be the smart way to go.
Sigh.

Reaction Score
Whenever this thread has something new, I click on it excitedly hoping to hear that Lexi Gordon has committed to UCONN... then I get disappointed when I read that the comments are just about some other random players...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
30 points and 10 boards for Gordon on Friday night (2/5) while reportedly being ill.

Reactions: HGN

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Whenever this thread has something new, I click on it excitedly hoping to hear that Lexi Gordon has committed to UCONN... then I get disappointed when I read that the comments are just about some other random players...

Millenial23 - Please don't think you're alone. I also enter the yard every day hoping to read that we've got a commitment from a highly coveted player (hopefully a big). Keep hope alive!!! :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Maria Vadeeva has been playing club ball since she was 14. Club ball in Europe not the same as in US, more like professional. She would be class of 2017 so she has a year to decide and clear the NCAA hurdles if she wants to play US college ball. The hurdles might be substantial or not worth it. Her immediate target is to help get Russia qualified as one of the 12 teams playing in Rio. I think there are 5 spots still open. The uphill part is because I'm not that well connected ( or brave enough) to pick up the phone and call UCONN and say take a look at Julia. For all I know they might have already evaluated her and concluded different than I did.
Drop them an anonymous letter.....:rolleyes:

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Coach Bill ‏@NYcoach 18h18 hours ago
Tnite - ELITE 6'0" 2017 TX #Sniper,Versatile Wing @Lexi_g34 26 Pts 13 Rebs 4 Asts 3 Blks 10/19 FG 2/5 #Threes

Ca0l77nUEAAiO5O.jpg

Ca0l7-LUEAAhPp2.jpg

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Lexi is about to start Playoffs.

she will be making her college decision right after team's run ends. . She is anxious to announce.

her game continues to Surge ! Gym rat work ethic.
she is a Terrific young lady ( quality Mind, Perspective ) with a great personality . She is very popular among other Elite players.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lexi is about to start Playoffs.

she will be making her college decision right after team's run ends. . She is anxious to announce.

her game continues to Surge ! Gym rat work ethic.
she is a Terrific young lady ( quality Mind, Perspective ) with a great personality . She is very popular among other Elite players.
Yes, welcome to the board. You seem to be connected to a number of HS kids, would you mind giving a little bit of your background - no need to be overly specific, just curious what type of connection you have to the game.
Thanks

Reaction Score
26 Pts 13 Rebs 4 Asts 3 Blks 10/19 FG 2/5 #Threes<-- These numbers are the type of kids Uconn recruit and land : )

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Board Bill. We can use the infusion of insight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lexi seems like a great and talented kid with a good family and nice smile. Geno and CD could turn her into a terrific player and young woman. Springtime is about when we should be expecting some 2017 announcements. Lexi is one of about 3-4 kids I really hope we land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom