New post game thread series - Play of the Game-Marquette | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New post game thread series - Play of the Game-Marquette

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
If this highlight package doesn't give SC religion, nothing will. A complete team effort with a rapidly improving Nika Muhl. I admit to being Muhl-headed about this young lady, but I am a total convert now. Nika reminds me of Kia Nurse, so long as Muhl is dropping in 3s.
We're supposed to be picking a play, but I watch this highlight film and think: there goes an entire team of fine players contributing each in her own way. I'd be surprised if Nika doesn't become a starter (and I can't believe I'm writing this).
I have been on the Muhl team since she came to Storrs. Glad our ranks are swelling

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Had to be the AE block and Coast to Coast 2 & 1. Loved the chest bumps of the 2 other Freshman. E & CW were less enthusiastic then Paige and Nika.

Reaction Score
In the beginning of the game, like a minute in, Nika cut off a semi-break by Marquette and the player fumbled the ball and she ended up in the corner with Nika attached to her like a nasty habit and she commenced to throw it away to UConn. What a rock! To turn a potential quick hitter to a turnover. Then the next sequence on D, Nika was forever a presence in the passing lanes, she finally steals the ball, leads the break and feeds CW for an and-one.
I'm thrilled with Nika. Her stat-line speaks for itself. But I don't think watching these games from above, highlights what a physical force and presence Nika has on the floor. Her screening should come with a warning label, like when CNN says what you're about to see could be disturbing. No joke: what a side kick for PB.

Reaction Score
Bueckers makes so many great plays that it's hard to pick one out.

The block and breakaway layup by Edwards was really special.

I'm 72 and if I had a team like this to coach, and had a class like next season's coming in, I'd feel 35 again.
72 is the new 36, so you’re close.

Reaction Score
I'm good with a close call between the Paige Dr J / MJ show and that of AE block and run the floor.
If forced I give it to Aaliyah for giving away our secret of a big that can block a shot and run the floor. She started from the low post, headed toward the play and blocked the shot in the high post and took the ball down the floor like a guard from there.
Standing O in my living room. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nah, Paige is clearly the real coach. Just ask Nika. Saylor etc. She is the Pied Pieper filling everyone with confidence.
Nika said as much in their interview recently. When asked if Geno ever withdrew some of the confidence they get from Paige, or if he tells them not to shoot a shot, Nika said (I’m paraphrasing here) we pretty much do what Paige tells us to do. :)

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nah, Paige is clearly the real coach. Just ask Nika. Saylor etc. She is the Pied Pieper filling everyone with confidence.
That 'pied piper' thought crossed my mind yesterday too.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Great point and you win a free package of Boraxo from the old Muhl skinner! :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member