New podcast & UConn memories shine | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New podcast & UConn memories shine

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Maybe we can start over. All I really want to know is what are your favorite sports records?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If i had put it on ignore who else would’ve swooped in to save the thread for being doomed to the second page?
Not with the specific intention of swooping & saving, but I possibly would have, by virtue of
liking the podcast since its inception,
subscribing so I know when it's posted ,
wanting to comment in support of the effort,
taking the advice to listen in two sessions,
and then doing so.

You & @Huskyforlife rolling each other's log has just been a sourpuss-y sideshow.

So much of the podcast touches on sportsmanship and values clarification, that I think you've provided some valuable, teachable moments. But don't get too excited, because you're more like cautionary tales and object lessons in how not to behave toward a a child's enthusiasm.

But, if I were Mike, I might point out your persistence, which is generally admirable, though here in a 'there's gonna be haters' sort of way.

I think we've got it in hand, and you can safely Ignore at this point. Thanks for your valuable contribution up to now. All good?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Meant to say that I think response from Seth Davis is pretty good, and from Lupica even better.

After hearing through to completion, I recommend as your prized guest @makersmuppet, if Kemba doesn't sign on.

Thank you. Nobody’s breaking the Iron Man record. Do you think anybody breaks 92 NHL goals, .406 batting average, or a 56 game MLB hit streak?

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the research social science finding.

19% of Americans believe they are in the Top 1% of American wealth.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Now here I am to "revive" the "dead thread" and say, thanks for the post Gem.

It is so easy to just avoid a topic, you know? Not sure why some struggle with that.

Anyway, look forward to the next!

Your welcome.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I'll give it a listen, love the idea of father/son pod.

Thanks. Let me know what you think & which records are breakable? Doing a show with a 7yr old is like taming a lion. You get one take & it’s tricky. We have serval episodes now. All were great fun & we’ve gotten better. I welcome your constructive feedback. Mike-

Reaction Score
Thanks. Let me know what you think & which records are breakable? Doing a show with a 7yr old is like taming a lion. You get one take & it’s tricky. We have serval episodes now. All were great fun & we’ve gotten better. I welcome your constructive feedback. Mike-
What a great set of memories for both of you...will be interesting to get his take in 10 years. Are you trying to lead him to a media career?? Show him the good feedback!

GemParty

Reaction Score
What a great set of memories for both of you...will be interesting to get his take in 10 years. Are you trying to lead him to a media career?? Show him the good feedback!

Thank you NJHusky. One day he wants to be a sportscaster, the next a WWE wrestler. Who knows? We were inspired to create these after a tour of ESPN on their 40th Anniversary. We talk sports all the time. We’re both learning.

Our first episode was interesting. Tricky to make. There’s a learning curve. Pundits say, make your first splash a touch controversial and maybe you’ll go viral. Have fun with it.
I wanted to research some sports facts, listen to my 7 yr olds view of the world, and then share mine. We tackled Colin Kaepernick & Pete Rose in episode 1.

Since then we’ve gotten some interesting tips and feedback from teachers, coaches, and listeners. Not everyone agrees with our opinions, but they have encouraged our format. Joseph loves the feedback & Apple reviews. Likes to see the episode trackers grow!

Life changes when you become a Dad. We wanted to create some fun audio memories together. I know many friends, myself included, that would love to have one more conversation with a loved one, gone too soon. Hearing a voice or having one last chat. I agree with you, and I hope my son listens to these one day many years from today. I hope you enjoy them too. Mike-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom