New podcast & UConn memories shine | The Boneyard

New podcast & UConn memories shine

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What are the top 10 greatest sports accomplishments /records ever? Father & son discuss on our latest podcast.

UConn makes the list twice. Listen & Subscribe.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I’ve been so fixated on rejoining the BE, I even gave Nova an extra loss. Listen to the end, I break some glass and give Louisville it’s proper loss.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Late night listen. Thank you.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Didn't someone else get banned for spamming their podcast over and over?

You’re calling for a 20 year good citizen of the Yard, to be banned for announcing a podcast they created with a 7 yr old kid? Two UConn fans, talking sports with the thread about past UConn games & my sons first trip to Gampel.

What do you add to this community that’s so much more important? My son has more patience and compassion than many of the adults here. I’m not selling anything. Put me on ignore.

Let the readers decide what they enjoy.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I hate all of you.

Just let me know Jon, if I’ve been over the top in your opinion. I hope you had a chance to listen as we discussed.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Didn't someone else get banned for spamming their podcast over and over?
You'll be happy to learn that Season 1 concludes with this episode.

I was happy to learn that nobody has ever bowled 300 in duck pin bowling. 276 is the highest score ever recorded, and it was done in Newington. Less than 15 miles away, the lowest ever PGA golf score of 58 was recorded, and almost invalidated by an error in recording that was caught by the twosome before the scorecard was signed.

7 year old Joseph, instilled with the belief that he can do anything he puts his mind to, thinks he can bowl the never-attained 300. The golf is not his interest but he likes that his dad Mike likes it.

Joseph has been a total delight since Episode 1, and brings me back to my own childhood and first sports memories, watching games, learning rules, playing catch in the backyard, and developing fan interest with my father. My first UConn basketball game was at the Field House when I was 9 years old. Joseph made his first trip to Gampel for the Florida game, with his dad, cousin, and Godparents

I'm only half way through this lengthy season finale; it was suggested for a split listening. I've also heard about Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game (he was no Denham Brown), and Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak, and it got me through the ride back home after Thanksgiving cleanup & helping a friend move until late last night. I'll complete the episode as I go back to finish my friend's loading of small items, regstarting the podcast near the end of Lou Gehrig's iron man effort with the first mention of Cal Ripken. I can keep you posted if you'd like.

If this post was too long, I'll quote Joseph, "No offense."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just let me know Jon, if I’ve been over the top in your opinion. I hope you had a chance to listen as we discussed.

Post away - it’s better than 98% of the rest of this nonsense.

I haven’t had a chance to listen yet. But I will.

GemParty

Reaction Score

I was happy to learn that nobody has ever bowled 300 in duck pin bowling. 276 is the highest score ever recorded, and it was done in Newington. Less than 15 miles away, the lowest ever PGA golf score of 58 was recorded, and almost invalidated by an error in recording that was caught by the twosome before the scorecard was signed.

7 year old Joseph, instilled with the belief that he can do anything he puts his mind to, thinks he can bowl the never-attained 300. The golf is not his interest but he likes that his dad Mike likes it.

Joseph has been a total delight since Episode 1, and brings me back to my own childhood and first sports memories, watching games, learning rules, playing catch in the backyard, and developing fan interest with my father. My first UConn basketball game was at the Field House when I was 9 years old. Joseph made his first trip to Gampel for the Florida game, with his dad, cousin, and Godparents

I'm only half way through this lengthy season finale; it was suggested for a split listening. I've also heard about Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game (he was no Denham Brown), and Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak, and it got me through the ride back home after Thanksgiving cleanup & helping a friend move until late last night. I'll complete the episode as I go back to finish my friend's loading of small items, regstarting the podcast near the end of Lou Gehrig's iron man effort with the first mention of Cal Ripken. I can keep you posted if you'd like.

Thank you Hans. You’re a good man. I hope it brings back good family memories. Enjoy!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@GemParty, you and the kiddo just need a crossover hit to draw in the masses. Kind of how the Catholic Church adopted the mythological idols to which the Romans were accustomed to draw them in the doors of the churches in the first instance.

I’m thinking you need to do a collaboration with @Chief00, or at least an episode discussing the pros and cons.

GemParty

Reaction Score
First podcast to land Chief as a guest might be like the first bar to carry Treehouse Brewing Co beer. Monumental. The invitation is open, for kid friendly discussion.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

You really think I'm going to read that?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You’re calling for a 20 year good citizen of the Yard, to be banned for announcing a podcast they created with a 7 yr old kid? Two UConn fans, talking sports with the thread about past UConn games & my sons first trip to Gampel.

What do you add to this community that’s so much more important? My son has more patience and compassion than many of the adults here. I’m not selling anything. Put me on ignore.

Let the readers decide what they enjoy.
I don't want you to be banned, just pointing out the hypocrisy. And you've spammed this much more than that guy did.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I don't want you to be banned, just pointing out the hypocrisy. And you've spammed this much more than that guy did.

You act like I’m posting about discounted Ray Ban sunglasses. I’m going to post every new episode we make. Why can’t posters ignore threads that don’t interest them both UConn & OT? We have plenty of both here. It makes the Yard interesting. Your a UConn fan. We share that. Simply leave my future podcast threads alone. Don’t need the negativity.

Reaction Score
You act like I’m posting about discounted Ray Ban sunglasses. I’m going to post every new episode we make. Why can’t posters ignore threads that don’t interest them both UConn & OT? We have plenty of both here. It makes the Yard interesting. Your a UConn fan. We share that. Simply leave my future podcast threads alone. Don’t need the negativity.
I think bumping your own thread after no one posts anything all day is a bad look

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Meant to say that I think response from Seth Davis is pretty good, and from Lupica even better.

After hearing through to completion, I recommend as your prized guest @makersmuppet, if Kemba doesn't sign on.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You bumped it twice in one day after nobody posted, take a hint.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What's your problem here? GemParty is a UConn fan doing a pod with his 7 YEAR OLD UConn fan son. That's clearly not spam, nobody is forcing you to click on his threads or click on his podcast.
FIFY
;-)

Reaction Score
As everyone knows, you can't win around here. There are always posters who disagree with or don't like whatever you post. You could say water is wet and someone would post they disagree.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I made a post, then made a quick correction before being called out by listeners for getting a team name incorrect on a UConn tournament summary. Lastly I made a midnight bump, so my work didn’t disappear to the second page. Everybody wants to be heard & read. That’s why we post.

I understand your criticisms. Why not message somebody, a veteran Yarder, rather than try an embarrass a fellow fan? Some people are just mean spirited. That’s message board life. Can’t let posts bother you. I won’t.

Reaction Score
You should be happy we revived your dead thread. A nice thank you would be appreciated
Now here I am to "revive" the "dead thread" and say, thanks for the post Gem.

It is so easy to just avoid a topic, you know? Not sure why some struggle with that.

Anyway, look forward to the next!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom