New Podcast: Alex Oriakhi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Podcast: Alex Oriakhi

Reaction Score
@gwhuskyfan You always do a good job on your podcast, but I enjoyed the energy on this one. It pretty much sounded like two guys just talking. Great job.

Thanks so much. With Alex really did just feel like a conversation between friends. Really open and we both had a lot of fun with it. Thanks again!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Jared, this was great. Alex seems like a fun guy to interview. Did AO get a cup of coffee or Europe I suspect. He seems totally out of touch w/ college basketball today. He was shocked that Cuse was in the ACC but emphatic that the old Big East was the best conference. He said the SEC was tough but the Big East was toughest. Loved that. Also is there an AO - Lamb beef? I remember little jabs AO would take about Lamb being greedy always needing the ball and such.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I would love to hear the follow up interview with his Dad. I wonder if he regrets some of the things he said.

Reaction Score
Jared, this was great. Alex seems like a fun guy to interview. Did AO get a cup of coffee or Europe I suspect. He seems totally out of touch w/ college basketball today. He was shocked that Cuse was in the ACC but emphatic that the old Big East was the best conference. He said the SEC was tough but the Big East was toughest. Loved that. Also is there an AO - Lamb beef? I remember little jabs AO would take about Lamb being greedy always needing the ball and such.

Nobody on the 2012 team (Lamb, Drummond, Shabazz, Alex) got along very well.

Reaction Score
Water under the bridge. Man helped us win a title and moved on to a better situation for himself after some turmoil.

Go pound sand if it still bothers you.
Right. Can't badmouth anybody who brought us a title.

Reaction Score
Saying 2014 was just Shabazz, Boat & DeAndre missed big keys

I just re-watched the NC game versus Kentucky. The BIG plays in the last few minutes were Giffey and Kromah. One then another. I’ve yawned at my fellow Yard saying Shabazz coaches that Team. The other two played big.

Reaction Score
Great interview with Alex, glad I caught it. His reaction to learning that Syracuse is in the ACC is priceless

Reaction Score
Nobody on the 2012 team (Lamb, Drummond, Shabazz, Alex) got along very well.
Seems like that's what the story is at least. It really is a shame how much that team underachieved, I know there was a lot of outside influence with Boatright being held out by the NCAA multiple times, and JC missing time with the suspension and the spinal stenosis later on. When you look at that roster though, we were stacked. It's hard to believe that a team with Shabazz, Drummond, Lamb, Boatright, Giffey, Oriakhi, Roscoe Smith, and Deandre Daniels, struggled to win 20 games.

Reaction Score
He F#cked up and should have admitted it.

Glad he he helped us to a national championship. He was terrffic. But he screwed himself royally by leaving.

Reaction Score
He F#cked up and should have admitted it.

Glad he he helped us to a national championship. He was terrffic. But he screwed himself royally by leaving.

I don’t think the leaving was at all the issue. I can’t blame him for wanting to play in the tourney again, but it would’ve been much easier to accept if he played a little harder his JR year and without whining.

Reaction Score
Seems like that's what the story is at least. It really is a shame how much that team underachieved, I know there was a lot of outside influence with Boatright being held out by the NCAA multiple times, and JC missing time with the suspension and the spinal stenosis later on. When you look at that roster though, we were stacked. It's hard to believe that a team with Shabazz, Drummond, Lamb, Boatright, Giffey, Oriakhi, Roscoe Smith, and Deandre Daniels, struggled to win 20 games.

Who was the captain of the team that year?

Reaction Score
He left because of the NCAA retroactive double punishment. Barred from post season in 2013.

You realize my post was a response to someone saying he could have had 2 titles right?..... regardless if he stayed or left, he wasn’t going to be a part of the 2014 squad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom