New PAC-12 Forming | Page 16 | The Boneyard

New PAC-12 Forming

Reaction Score
It's very plausible that the Pac-2 will heavily subsidize the exit fees of three or four AAC schools.
Except, latest reports solidly suggest the Pac 2 (+maybe 4 MWC schools) endeavor may be properly phukked. See Air Force and maybe UNLV recommitted to MWC (for now); USF, Tulane, Memphis, UTSA or Texas State suggesting they’re sticking with the AAC or haven’t rationalized AAC departure and newly PAC entry costs, etc.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I don't have time to start a 16-page read so if this was said already my apologies.

Benedict needs to start a conversation with Pac-12 for a scheduling alliance only. 2 games a year to their members would go a long way in settling the scheduling nightmare they will have. I much rather play Wash St. Oregon St., Boise St., Colorado St., and Fresno than FIU, Merrimack, and other like programs.

No crazy expectations about basketball or tied in for 5 years. We help them and they help us.

Reaction Score
I don't have time to start a 16-page read so if this was said already my apologies.

Benedict needs to start a conversation with Pac-12 for a scheduling alliance only. 2 games a year to their members would go a long way in settling the scheduling nightmare they will have. I much rather play Wash St. Oregon St., Boise St., Colorado St., and Fresno than FIU, Merrimack, and other like programs.

No crazy expectations about basketball or tied in for 5 years. We help them and they help us.
How about full FB only deal and maybe some Basketball scheduling alliance for a few games

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The Nevada situation is messy because supposedly it's a both or neither for the schools and it sounds like there is no interest in Nevada but lots in UNLV.

I like the signing bonus incentive being used by the MWC. TBH, if I'm a remaining MW member and I see what's happening with all the no's being thrown at the Pac 12, I'd seriously consider the 10mil signing bonus and stay pat.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
PAC should’ve secured 6 MWC schools before targeting the best of the AAC. They botched this so bad.

Reaction Score
The Nevada situation is messy because supposedly it's a both or neither for the schools and it sounds like there is no interest in Nevada but lots in UNLV.
Not so sure about that:

-> UNLV would not be “structurally” tied to Nevada in the event the Pac-12 offers membership to the Rebels during the second wave of its expansion phase, according to a member of the Nevada Board of Regents whose comments contradict the public sentiment following a major shakeup in college sports on the West Coast. <-

-> One member of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Board of Regents went so far as to say it would be “very difficult” for the campuses to separate if the Pac-12 comes calling for the Rebels.

But Heather Brown, who was elected to the board in November 2022 and represents District 6, told the Hotline on Tuesday that UNLV and Nevada would not be an all-or-nothing deal.

“If (UNLV) were approached by a conference and it makes sense,” Brown said, “my understanding is they would have to get board approval. But there’s nothing we would have to untether. There is no package. Nobody talks about them as a package … There is nothing structurally that ties them together.” <-

-> Brown is not ready to support a move to the Pac-12 if the invitation arrives in the upcoming weeks.

The financial component is critical because UNLV has no means of paying a buyout that could approach $30 million when all the penalties are assessed, Brown said. And she would want to weigh the move against UNLV’s options. But if joining the Pac-12 makes sense in all respects, including the financial component, Brown said, “I think the board would support it.” <-

Reaction Score
Bring back the PAC-10 branding!
1) Wazzu
2) Oregon St
3) Boise St
4) Fresno St
5) SDSU
6) Colorado St
7) Utah State
8) UNLV
9) Gonzaga
10) UConn (football only)

Reaction Score

There's definitely still a world where the PAC convinces enough MWC schools to disband the conference, saving a ton in exit fees, and they abandon some combo of Wyoming, Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU, and New Mexico

Reaction Score
This PAC/Mountain West deal is going to end up as the biggest fiasco and conference mismanagement since the unraveling of the original big east. SDSU and Boise involved in both! Seems so obvious that the PAC and MWC should just combine and you have the best G5 league.

Reaction Score
This PAC/Mountain West deal is going to end up as the biggest fiasco and conference mismanagement since the unraveling of the original big east. SDSU and Boise involved in both! Seems so obvious that the PAC and MWC should just combine and you have the best G5 league.
Yes but you also have the best G5 league and a more favorable media deal if you convince most of the MWC to abandon the bottom feeders. That's likely been the play all along, if they can pull it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom