New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Reaction Score
Eddie Hahn ran a similar offensive system that Lashlee runs at Red Bank Catholic and has the photo-type size/speed his QB's had there. He could be an option too.
That's actually brilliant thinking. Dumbo Diaco had no idea how to handle the offensive side of the ball. Who's to say that Hahn or Dixon won't change be our QB going forward? Obviously Greg Ward Jr is a perfect example of that. A great offensive mind (Lashlee) will be able to evaluate the talent here and make that call just like Herman did.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In all honesty, I thought everyone was referring to Auburn as Last Chance U. Didn't realize there was an actual show.

Funny...and kinda true. It's on Netflix. I have only watched the first few episodes...but if JF3 comes here...i will definitely finish.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves here, but JayRose is following Edsall, Lashlee and Corey Edsall (the new TE coach). you never know... Can we get Mike Ross (from Suits) to take her SATs for her so she can get accepted into UConn too

Rose can play QB in Lashlees system. He has a huge arm and is a great athlete

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Conspiracy kitty says he's moving back to QB.

keyion dixon on Hudl
I think there is a good chance at least one former high school QB playing a different position reverts to QB. A couple weeks ago I posited Tyler Davis.

Then we got this little tidbit from a visiting Auburn Fan:

Hi guys. Auburn fan here. Any questions you want to ask?

And to the person who said AU ran a lot of 2 TE sets... Yeah no... Know how many receptions TEs have had the last 2 years? 1. Sure sometimes we run 2 TEs, however the OFF chance we have... The 2nd was another OL. Last season it was Robert Leff who was our starting RT this season...

There is just no room between the lines for all the TEs on the roster (7: 4 TE's, 3 ...a distinction that is probably going away once the roster is updated) if Lashlee's offense comes to pass as described above. A Rose return would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath and he'd likely comes in as QB depth.

Reaction Score

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We were so clearly deep and talented at QB that the move to TE, where there was an dangerous lack of depth, was absolutely necessary. /sarcasm

-ing Diaco.
It was a big head scratcher. I'm wondering wonder Lashlee thinks of Rose. Would Rose be the type of QB to fit into his system?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You are correct. It was for the TE position. It appears that his excitement for UConn could not overcome his preference for playing QB.

Southington’s Rose leaves UConn, football MyRecordJournal.com |

Sorry. The car wash ran out of water.
“The decision is no way a result of UConn or Coach [Bob] Diaco and his program,” Rose said in his statement. “I am thankful for their love and support and am leaving them with only positive experiences and relationships.”

Are you saying he wanted to play QB instead of TE and that is why he left?

Reaction Score
We were so clearly deep and talented at QB that the move to TE, where there was an dangerous lack of depth, was absolutely necessary. /sarcasm

-ing Diaco.

Sorry -- just because Diaco failed miserably does not make everything he and his staff did wrong. Davis was beaten out at QB, apparently not just by BS, Williams and Anderson but Bisack as well. Davis clearly has a chance to be an impactful TE for 2 years when Myers and Bloom move on. We have heard little rumblings that anyone challenged this decision, or that Davis was bothered enough by it to look to transfer out.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
“The decision is no way a result of UConn or Coach [Bob] Diaco and his program,” Rose said in his statement. “I am thankful for their love and support and am leaving them with only positive experiences and relationships.”

Are you saying he wanted to play QB instead of TE and that is why he left?
I'm inferring that to be the case. The statement you quote is what I'd expect a kid to make who doesn't want to be a mumu. It's the pc statement we make to minimize damage.

I think this piece in the article is the weighted factor:

When Rose announced his intention in mid-September of 2015 to attend UConn over the 10 other Division I colleges that had courted him, he cited the Huskies’ willingness to let him play quarterback as a primary reason.

By the time he signed his official National Letter of Intent on February 3, he said, “I’m probably going to be moved to an F-tight end. It’s almost like a hybrid tight end. It’s more of a receiving tight end, but you have to put your hand in the dirt and block.”

He still had the quarterback slot on his mind when he added, “I’ve been a quarterback my entire life up until my sophomore year and I transitioned to play receiver for one year. So, hopefully, I can do the same next year.”

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Sorry -- just because Diaco failed miserably does not make everything he and his staff did wrong. Davis was beaten out at QB, apparently not just by BS, Williams and Anderson but Bisack as well. Davis clearly has a chance to be an impactful TE for 2 years when Myers and Bloom move on. We have heard little rumblings that anyone challenged this decision, or that Davis was bothered enough by it to look to transfer out.
Talking about Jay Rose and not Davis.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'm inferring that to be the case. The statement you quote is what I'd expect a kid to make who doesn't want to be a mumu. It's the pc statement we make to minimize damage.

When Rose announced his intention in mid-September of 2015 to attend UConn over the 10 other Division I colleges that had courted him, he cited the Huskies’ willingness to let him play quarterback as a primary reason.

By the time he signed his official National Letter of Intent on February 3, he said, “I’m probably going to be moved to an F-tight end. It’s almost like a hybrid tight end. It’s more of a receiving tight end, but you have to put your hand in the dirt and block.”

He still had the quarterback slot on his mind when he added, “I’ve been a quarterback my entire life up until my sophomore year and I transitioned to play receiver for one year. So, hopefully, I can do the same next year.”
Completely agree!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Completely agree!
The thing that always makes me smh is how people can consistently miss the obvious underlying reason behind an action based on a remark that says the opposite.

Reaction Score

Talking about Jay Rose, he was moved to H before camp started and was never given the chance to compete at QB.

And...could be wrong, but I don't recall Diaco saying Davis was our 5th string QB, just that he had a chance to make an impact impact at TE before he'd have a chance to make an impact at QB, so he was moving him. I didn't have a problem with the Davis switch but it's only clear that he was higher on the depth chart at TE than he was at QB, since you generally only play 1 QB at a time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I thought Rose picked us over the bigger schools recruiting him because we were giving the opportunity to compete at QB? Or was that speculation.

Reaction Score

I hope he comes back and suits up as a QB. I really think he can be a difference maker there. The fact that Diaco was going to move him to F before giving him a shot at QB in camp when he barely had any QBs never sat well with me. I wonder if Rose only wanted to keep playing football as a QB, regardless of the stories about his GF.

Reaction Score
It was a big head scratcher. I'm wondering wonder Lashlee thinks of Rose. Would Rose be the type of QB to fit into his system?
I don't know, but I hope Rose gets the chance to find out if he fits into the system or not.

Reaction Score
I thought Rose picked us over the bigger schools recruiting him because we were giving the opportunity to compete at QB? Or was that speculation.

I believe that was the initial plan but it seems like Diaco was telling him whatever he wanted to hear to get him here. So he was going to convert him to a position we didn't even utilize..

Reaction Score
Talking about Jay Rose, he was moved to H before camp started and was never given the chance to compete at QB.

And...could be wrong, but I don't recall Diaco saying Davis was our 5th string QB, just that he had a chance to make an impact impact at TE before he'd have a chance to make an impact at QB, so he was moving him. I didn't have a problem with the Davis switch but it's only clear that he was higher on the depth chart at TE than he was at QB, since you generally only play 1 QB at a time.

Apologize that I was thinking Davis when you said Rose.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah I thought I had remembered Rose choosing us over others because we were open to him playing QB while others had said he was a TE from the get.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Rose is huge and agile. I remember watching him play vs Glastonbury and wondering why we wouldn't just give him a shot at QB

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom