New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Reaction Score
Guy is already bleeding blue. Twitter account is already updated. Rhett Lashlee (@rhettlashlee) | Twitter
Upon entering Connecticut, beware ... no prayers in the huddle. ;)

Upon hearing the Lashlee news, I sent SMS to Auburn alumni friends with 10 great season tickets for 3 decades on the 50 and separately to a very involved alumnus, late 80s' player/War Eagle neighbor. Looking forward to their respective takes on the news.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
So I was on a flight from Atlanta to Hartford on Monday, and in the row next to me was a guy looking through film of a bowl game and taking notes. I figured it was some guy who worked for ESPN. I didn't know who Rhett Lashlee was prior to this, but after seeing a picture of him, it turns out that's who it was.
I'm sorry I don't know college football better, otherwise I could've told yall this on Monday.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
In Offensive Coordinator parlance

Cummings to Verducci to Corley ... to Lashlee ...

is like going from Taurus to Sentra to Elantra ... to Ferrari

FIFY

in the garage.....

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
So I was on a flight from Atlanta to Hartford on Monday, and in the row next to me was a guy looking through film of a bowl game and taking notes. I figured it was some guy who worked for ESPN. I didn't know who Rhett Lashlee was prior to this, but after seeing a picture of him, it turns out that's who it was.
I'm sorry I don't know college football better, otherwise I could've told yall this on Monday.

what bowl game???

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Bull s---.

You can sacrifice chickens in the huddle if it gets this offense moving towards an end zone.
Not on Susie's watch.

Reaction Score
Bull s---. You can sacrifice chickens in the huddle if it gets this offense moving towards an end zone.
Not our concern; just that of at least one whiny Connecticut resident based on past history. If praying helps the Huskies score TDs on offense, Lashlee can sacrifice all of the chickens in CT and dial in more prayers than Pope Francis. Following Fish Cakes Fiasco, UConn may need a few prayers to complement coaching competence Lashlee ideally helps bring to PAWS. Pray away!

Reaction Score
There has to be more to this story than what's being reported. Nobody takes a $250k cut in salary without some serious motivation to make a move like this one. Was Auburn going to can him?

At any rate, who cares? It looks like AD Dave has hit a home run.

Maybe he got stock options.

Reaction Score
There is so much that is exciting about this hire. Gus Malzahn is an offensive mind that's been breaking records back to his HS coaching days in Arkansas, when one of his record-breaking QBs was Rhett Lashlee. After working with Malzahn for years, Lashlee knows offense - dare I say innovative offense - and has great connections in the football world, particularly here in the Southeast. What's not to like about that?

But what excites me the MOST is Lashlee's character. If you think Randy Edsall is a high character guy, Lashlee is that and perhaps then some. One of his HS teammates from Arkansas was killed in a tragic accident here in Atlanta back in late 2012, and he reached out invited his friend's wife and kids to games during the 2013 season, bringing them into the locker room and spending time with the kids. He converted a number of casual football observers into raving Auburn Tiger fans that year by his words and actions. Sure, their exciting, surprising run to the national championship game didn't hurt, but his character was attractive to people. He has the character of a future head coach, so if that's what he'll be groomed for, I'm all for it. If we're talking about substance and character, I don't think there could be a bigger shift from Diaco to Edsall/Lashlee.

Welcome to the family Rhett, and GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
I don't think we can really take anything from his run/pass % at Auburn. His head coach was an offensive guy, who until just earlier this past season called the plays. There's much thought that OCRL was "play-caller in name only" just to appease the fan base.

The fact that he even made this move, took a pay cut, came to an area with which he has no obvious connection, seems to signify that he wanted full autonomy with the offense, and AD Dave & Randy gave it to him. His run/pass % at UA isn't really his...it's Gus's to a high degree. Lots of UA fans are happy about this, but when there's that many hands on the offense, it's tough to know who is responsible for what. This move says that OCRL's hands weren't on it enough for his liking.

Frankly, i'm happy that RE allowed that amount of control to had by someone else (if it is indeed happening the way i think it is). We all know that he has been a bit of a micro manager in the past. The fact that this is happening means that he knows how important it is, even if the credit is more shared for success than it often is.

This is the first day in a very long time that i have felt genuinely hopeful and happy about our program. This guy is. from all accounts, a knock-down recruiter as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we get an aggressive DC who blitzes 70% next, my head will explode !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom