New neighbor | The Boneyard

New neighbor

Reaction Score
So our new neighbor, in Guilford CT. stopped by to say hello. He had a PC hat on. We were very cordial to this guy who is about 10 years younger and a PC grad.

I jokingly said that this is a UCONN neighborhood and we might have some fun with the rivalry. He said “there hasn’t been much competition really” in a very condescending tone.

I tried my best to play it off but all could do is picture him bleeding from his eyes and mouth..... well I think I may need medication and therapy.

Am I alone?

Reaction Score
I live in Guilford, too and also graduated from PC. Small world. That said, I never changed allegiances, I was a UConn fan from age 9-18 and went to every PC UConn game from 05-09 to root for the good guys. PC isn’t horrible. They are mediocre and always will be and any failure to admit that is laughable.

Danny Hurley wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole.

Reaction Score
As someone whole lives amongst PC fans I can feel your pain. A delusional group of people who believe that they’re still competing in the real big east. Coach Cooley is a great guy but until PC does anything to earn recognition on a national scale their fans should really be more humble.

FACT: Since PC’s last sweet 16 (1997), UConn has won 4 national championships.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is a PC grad in my neighborhood. He was here when I moved in. Great guy but clearly didn’t respect our basketball prowess as I thought he should. I bought a new 4x Champs flag to fly over the driveway just for his benefit. He happened to be walking by the house when I was replacing my old Husky flag with it, and I complained about how hard it is to have to keep up with all of our championships on my merchandise.

He hasn’t engaged me in much hoops talk since.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So our new neighbor, in Guilford CT. stopped by to say hello. He had a PC hat on. We were very cordial to this guy who is about 10 years younger and a PC grad.

I jokingly said that this is a UCONN neighborhood and we might have some fun with the rivalry. He said “there hasn’t been much competition really” in a very condescending tone.

I tried my best to play it off but all could do is picture him bleeding from his eyes and mouth..... well I think I may need medication and therapy.

Am I alone?

they think they're special right now, clearly evidence of a different level of expectations

would any UConn fan want to change places with PC? seriously? c'mon man

can't pick and choose, it's all or nothing

Reaction Score

Am I alone?

You’re a better person than I to leave that one alone. He would’ve learned a little basketball history if that was me.

Reaction Score
My dad and brother graduated from PC. Naturally, they pull for PC (sorry @Balker, not sure how you don't root for your alma mater), but they give respect to UCONN. When we hired DH, I got a text from my brother stating he was a great hire and should bring us another National Title.

Reaction Score

Am I alone?
Yea I agree, there really hasn’t been much of a competition...

- Uconn 4 National Championships in the last 20 years
- Providence 1 Sweet 16 appearance?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My dad and brother graduated from PC. Naturally, they pull for PC (sorry @Balker, not sure how you don't root for your alma mater), but they give respect to UCONN. When we hired DH, I got a text from my brother stating he was a great hire and should bring us another National Title.
My husband graduated from Georgetown and he roots for the Huskies. A person's loyalty should be given on merit, not automatically assigned based on their degree. Besides, he couldn't stand John Thompson, like most of his friends.

Reaction Score

Am I alone?
Why not ask him...really friendly like....how many National Champonships Providence has won. Tell him you somehow lost track.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I have Villanova all around me. They are smart enough to understand that 4>2. Sounds like PC struggles with math. And, I suspect that Hurley will have UConn back dominating New England in short order.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think maybe he was referring to the exhibition game at the beginning of this season perhaps?

Yes, one exhibition game clearly demonstrates Pee Cee supremacy over UCONN. :rolleyes:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Am I alone?

How do you let him snarkily get away with spouting nonsense and say nothing back?

Reaction Score
Just say, I really liked that "Ernie D and Marvin Barnes team." When he tries to move to more recent history, just say, "Yeah, but that was really your best team." That should end any conversation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom