new logo leaked? | The Boneyard

new logo leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like it (assuming it's real)

Does look like a similar motif to the new Cal Golden Bear, which leads me to believe it's real.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like it, personally.

Aggressive > non-aggressive

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I like it (assuming it's real)

Does look like a similar motif to the new Cal Golden Bear, which leads me to believe it's real.

I noticed that as well how it resembles Cal's new logo. I don't think its bad.

Also the t-shirts follow along with the school colors.

The blue seems to be a little more navy than "national flag blue".

Also, no more an all-white husky.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If that's a photoshop job, then the person that did it is really talented.

Hasn't someone here seen it? Can he/she confirm?

Reaction Score
Thinking it's an educated "guess" - Watermark is wrong after all the hullabalo last week about it (University of Connecticut versus UCONN)?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If that's it, it's very good.

The forward-facing look is better than the 'gazing wistfully into the middle distance" look of the previous logo.

I also like that there's more navy in it - looks better than the all-white dog.

Reaction Score
Nothing special. It looks suspiciously like the logo on the site that is doing the leaking.

Reaction Score
I took a screenshot in case they get a takedown notice. I like it. I don't love it, but I'm not sure what they could've done that I would've loved that wouldn't have made other people insane.

DrcPG4e.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Thinking it's an educated "guess" - Watermark is wrong after all the hullabalo last week about it (University of Connecticut versus UCONN)?

The wordmark wouldn't necessarily be used on all licensed apparel - Nike or whoever licenses the name and logo would not be constrained by the wordmark, font, etc. That's more something that the U itself is doing.

Reaction Score
If this is it is Jonathan still all white or is the blue just shade/accent?

Reaction Score
color it purple and I honestly would have thought that was Washington's logo. make it black and red, I would have guessed Northern Illinois, or hell, you could have convinced me it was a saluki. I remain unconvinced that the best way to rebrand the school is to make it much easier to confuse with everyone else.

Reaction Score
About what I was expecting after I saw the other Nike ones. Love it. Love that they kept the red tongue, nice touch.

That would look bad-ass on some white helmets.

Reaction Score
color it purple and I honestly would have thought that was Washington's logo. make it black and red, I would have guessed Northern Illinois, or hell, you could have convinced me it was a saluki. I remain unconvinced that the best way to rebrand the school is to make it much easier to confuse with everyone else.
While I like it, I have to agree my first thought was it reminded me of the old WU Husky, I think they have a sleaker one now

Reaction Score
I like the one in my avatar, it looks like he is squeezing one out.

He's got that exact "don't look at me while i'm tting, I am already embarrassed enough that I am tting on the freaking sidewalk" look of an NYC dog.

Maybe they were ahead of the game and were trying to speak to the NYC market in the 50's

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I like the look..... for another school

Our Husky is all white. The logo has to be all white. What are they going to do next? Replace the actual living breathing jonathan with a new dog? Are they going to make a new mascot that isnt all white?

Last time I checked Jonathan was all white and had to have one blue eye and one brown eye. This version has dark fur on top and green eyes. This is not Jonathan.

I would like it just fine if the dog was all white.

Reaction Score
Surprised it took this long for a picture to leak. I think it's fine. The biggest thing for me was how silly it was that we had different logos for the different sports. Streamlining and rebranding were excellent ideas and I think they did a good job.

Reaction Score
A bit uninspiring I think. Agree it is similar to the Golden Bear. Pretty similar to Washington's old one. And the UConn Husky has ALWAYS been a white one, at least for the past 35 years plus. And the real one is White, too. I've seen this logo or something darned close to it, before as well, though I don't know where exactly. so far my favorite is the one that predates the current one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Personally, I've always been a much bigger fan of apparel that says "University of Connecticut" rather than "UConn. " That usually limits my apparel purchases significantly, because it seems that only certain vendors are licensed to use one or the other.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When did we become the University of Nevada? Or NIU, or UW, or East Fishkill Junior High School. Oh that's right, when we joined CUSA.

The UCONN Husky is white. Have they seen any pictures?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET