New Loge Box at Gampel | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Loge Box at Gampel

Reaction Score
Gampel is much cheaper but the XL seats are much closer. Regardless, a Gampel seat in one of the first rows of the upper level, center-court, is an awesome seat. 2 tickets for each venue.

8 games at XL for 2750 total. 171 per seat.
8 games at Gampel for 1800 total. 112 per seat.

Of the totals, seat donation at Gampel for 2 tickets was 350 for the year. Seat donation for 2 tickets at XL was 600.
I have seats in xl and Gampel. Both are lower level between foul line and mid court and average $209 per game per seat. They are in the highest priced level, other than courtside, at each venue. $1200 seat donation plus $475 ticket price over 8 games. Any lower level seat on the sidelines is this price. The seat donation is actually $200 more if you are a new season ticket holder.

I do agree that upper level side line seats are better than location of the ”loge box” at around $100 per game for chairbacks.

SECTION
SEASON TICKET​
SEAT DONATIONPER SEAT​
HUSKY VALUE BLEACHER
$105​
$25​
UPPER RESERVED (BLEACHER)
$300​
$100​
UPPER RESERVED (CHAIRBACK)
$300​
$100​
UPPER SIDELINE CHAIR
$375​
$400​
LOWER ENDZONE / CORNER
$375​
$500​
LOWER SIDELINE
$475​
$1,400​
COURTSIDE (BASELINE)
$1,500​
$3,000​
COURTSIDE (SIDELINE)
$1,500​
$5,000​
STUDENT SECTION

Reaction Score
Gampel is much cheaper but the XL seats are much closer. Regardless, a Gampel seat in one of the first rows of the upper level, center-court, is an awesome seat. 2 tickets for each venue.

8 games at XL for 2750 total. 171 per seat.
8 games at Gampel for 1800 total. 112 per seat.

Of the totals, seat donation at Gampel for 2 tickets was 350 for the year. Seat donation for 2 tickets at XL was 600.
The $600 seat donation for that XL location is far below the $1200/$1400 per seat that is now required.

Reaction Score
Yes. Because he adds more to the program than you do. Why is this so controversial?
I think it's controversial because you aren't correctly stating what I THINK you mean. You keep saying "good fan" or "better fan" when I think you mean "more beneficial". These terms are not the same for most of us. Some of us see value that isn't all about money.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is D'Amelio a "better fan" than Bob Hurley Sr?
That's an easy yes for me. D'Amelio is exhorting players to go to UConn. How many players did Hurley Sr coach go to UConn when they had the chance? And that's even after using "UConn drills" in his own practices.

Reaction Score
The best fans watch from home destroying wicker furniture or throwing their cats off a wall when timeouts aren't called.
We have 15 cats , I never thought of using them that way. What a novel idea. ….. just kidding.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I know you're a die-hard Kathy, but I would still say that Mark D'Amelio is a better fan than you and me.
You might say that, but Marc would never and neither would the rest of us. This is such a dumb argument lmao. Although, people who think there are levels of “fandom” are the most insufferable fans.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The $600 seat donation for that XL location is far below the $1200/$1400 per seat that is now required.
Is this because he’s been a season ticket holder for like 30 plus years and his prices are locked in? Newbies are paying more?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@ConnHuskBask also, no one in their right mind will pay $175 for that seat for Ark PB. Last year I paid like $90 for the LIU game (a very similar garbage game) to sit behind the bench. I was where the Hurley family sits and the former players sit. Also last year, my brother bought a floor seat for the PC $2 beer night game for like $325. He was on the court, row 1. For what is being offered, these faux loge seats are a rip off unless they come with some swag and a waiter. Even then they are over-priced and look bush league. I would rather see UConn team up with the Ticket Project guys and get some new fans in the building that can’t always make it due to financial or transportation constraints than do this. It’s bush league.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You might say that, but Marc would never and neither would the rest of us. This is such a dumb argument lmao. Although, people who think there are levels of “fandom” are the most insufferable fans.
There ARE levels of fandom. But they do not depend upon income or wealth.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Is D'Amelio a "better fan" than Bob Hurley Sr?
Probably. But that’s a bad example. The guy is an alum and would love the program regardless of his wealth. The better debate would be D’Amelio or Big Red?

Reaction Score
Is this because he’s been a season ticket holder for like 30 plus years and his prices are locked in? Newbies are paying more?
I don't think so. The lower sideline donation in XL for new Season ticket holders is $1400. Older Season ticket holders are increasing over 3 years to $1400. This year is at $1200. Next year all Season ticket holders will be at $1400 per seat.

Reaction Score
No. Either he is wrong about seat location or wrong about seat donation he is paying. Any lower bowl seat in between the baselines is a $1200 seat donation for anyone that had season tickets prior to 2022. Uconn has been raising the donation for those seats by $200 per year until it gets to $1400. New season ticket holders for 2022 or later are paying $1400 from day one. I have been a season ticket holder since 1989. When they went to the seat donation model 5 or 6 years ago, they basically pointed a giant middle finger at long time season ticket holders and donors. Our longtime loyalty got wiped away in an instant and was replaced with a “what have you done for me lately” attitude.

Reaction Score
No. Either he is wrong about seat location or wrong about seat donation he is paying. Any lower bowl seat in between the baselines is a $1200 seat donation for anyone that had season tickets prior to 2022. Uconn has been raising the donation for those seats by $200 per year until it gets to $1400. New season ticket holders for 2022 or later are paying $1400 from day one. I have been a season ticket holder since 1989. When they went to the seat donation model 5 or 6 years ago, they basically pointed a giant middle finger at long time season ticket holders and donors. Our longtime loyalty got wiped away in an instant and was replaced with a “what have you done for me lately” attitude.
Amen!

Reaction Score
The problem was many with good seats were giving nothing in donations to the foundation. Not saying that was you or anyone on this board but it caused alot of issues. So the seat donation was a way to get them to donate. It back fired because of where the team was at the time and fans with more than 2 seats got screwed.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
OK I just confirmed. Last year he was 5th row XL behind the UConn bench. He disliked the seats because the players stood the whole game and we couldn't see. The seats were too close.

This year at XL he backed up and moved over a bit for a more unrestricted view. Section 113, row L, on the aisle. 113 is not technically on the baseline, it's on the curve. You were likely correct. His donation charge last year in section 114 was likely larger. Does this sound right? It's crazy to me that the donation charge jumps so much for seats that are very similar, and in some instances, the closer you are the worse the ticket is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@ConnHuskBask also, no one in their right mind will pay $175 for that seat for Ark PB. Last year I paid like $90 for the LIU game (a very similar garbage game) to sit behind the bench. I was where the Hurley family sits and the former players sit. Also last year, my brother bought a floor seat for the PC $2 beer night game for like $325. He was on the court, row 1. For what is being offered, these faux loge seats are a rip off unless they come with some swag and a waiter. Even then they are over-priced and look bush league. I would rather see UConn team up with the Ticket Project guys and get some new fans in the building that can’t always make it due to financial or transportation constraints than do this. It’s bush league.

I'm pretty much agreeing with you on every single point, except for the fact that these seats are going to draw in the highfalutin better fans (we'll need @Waquoit to weigh in on how they stack up).

If I'm a big money good fan, there's no way in hell I'd want to sit there. Hell, at the same price I'd rather sit almost anywhere else in the arena.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm pretty much agreeing with you on every single point, except for the fact that these seats are going to draw in the highfalutin better fans (we'll need @Waquoit to weigh in on how they stack up).

If I'm a big money good fan, there's no way in hell I'd want to sit there. Hell, at the same price I'd rather sit almost anywhere else in the arena.
Well said. I'm dying to know if these sell or if they have to end up giving them away. I guess I could also see someone buying these for a 30/40/50th birthday party, or for a bachelor party, or for a reunion weekend with the boys or something. If these are expected to sell, they should have gone higher on the cost for the BE games, because like you said, for that price, almost any seat in the house is more preferable/better value.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The problem was many with good seats were giving nothing in donations to the foundation. Not saying that was you or anyone on this board but it caused alot of issues. So the seat donation was a way to get them to donate. It back fired because of where the team was at the time and fans with more than 2 seats got screwed.
Wasn't there a massive haul of donations into the athletic department this year? Or was that for the school's foundation? Either way, they should give the regular, consistent fans a break on the donation. Or send them some swag/autographs/hold a meet and greet event.

I also had an idea. Related to how they give season ticket holders and donors points that get them priority seat selections for seasons. They should have a booth or kiosks where you swipe your card or ID at every Gampel/XL/MSG game, where we can "check in" as a fan and get points that go towards not only season ticket purchasing, but other hardcore-fan related items and events. For example, I have bought season tickets some years, but not others. I have bought the flex packs some years, and not others. Regardless of how I get in, I am at pretty much every game, and travel to MSG often for Indiana, BE tourney, whatever. The program should be tracking, acknowledging, and rewarding these people - there are many like us. Just because you don't buy seasons doesn't mean you aren't at every game, and doesn't mean you have less value to the program. I'd argue many of us bring more to the program than half of the season ticket holders.

Points could add up and be redeemable for many things. Autographed items...tickets to future games...invites to meet and greets...train vouchers to use for all of the games they force us to commute to MSG...bus trips to away games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK I just confirmed. Last year he was 5th row XL behind the UConn bench. He disliked the seats because the players stood the whole game and we couldn't see. The seats were too close.

This year at XL he backed up and moved over a bit for a more unrestricted view. Section 113, row L, on the aisle. 113 is not technically on the baseline, it's on the curve. You were likely correct. His donation charge last year in section 114 was likely larger. Does this sound right? It's crazy to me that the donation charge jumps so much for seats that are very similar, and in some instances, the closer you are the worse the ticket is.
Bingo - 113 is "lower corner" which reduces the seat donation from $1200/$1400 to "only" $500 per seat.

The lower sideline seats used to have 2 separate donation tiers for upper and lower rows. That difference was eliminated with the new system when they all became $1400.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Bingo - 113 is "lower corner" which reduces the seat donation from $1200/$1400 to "only" $500 per seat
That differential doesn't make sense. They are gouging people who sit like 10 feet away from each other. lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom