New Loge Box at Gampel | The Boneyard

New Loge Box at Gampel

Reaction Score
This has got to be a joke. 6 bar stools and 4 standing room spots now constitute an "exclusive box?" Quite pathetic unless they are just trying to prove the concept before asking for millions to put in real boxes. I suppose people might be willing to pay $350 pp just to get into Gampel for Villanova but I can't imagine 10 people willing to shell out $175 for ARK-PB when season ticket holders will be dumping seats for a quarter of that price. I also question if this works financially. they are located where the Dairy Bar, Bear's BBQ and other concessions were located. There really isn't anywhere to move them. All the corners are currently occupied.

IMG_4395.jpg

Reaction Score
Interesting that this is where the food vendors are normally. My guess is they are moving elsewhere to remove concourse clutter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Has to be a proof of concept kind of a thing. They might be attractive to people with mobility issues. I wonder what they'll do to create the box? Maybe railings?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
lmao this is terrible.

people get paid money to come up with stuff like this?

eh. Its OK. They've earned the right to maximize their revenue. After all the fans that stayed away for last decade and want to come back because we won a Natty, UConn would be dumb to NOT take advantage of it. This fan base is always so cake and eat it too driven. Since we can't remodel Gampel at this time, it's the only option really

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Can't even get arm rests for $175-350 a pop? I guess 40% of the people are standing so those with the seats should feel honored.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is this the new Rebar? Something everyone gets bent out of shape about it but ends up being nothing.

Reaction Score
This has got to be a joke. 6 bar stools and 4 standing room spots now constitute an "exclusive box?" Quite pathetic unless they are just trying to prove the concept before asking for millions to put in real boxes. I suppose people might be willing to pay $350 pp just to get into Gampel for Villanova but I can't imagine 10 people willing to shell out $175 for ARK-PB when season ticket holders will be dumping seats for a quarter of that price. I also question if this works financially. they are located where the Dairy Bar, Bear's BBQ and other concessions were located. There really isn't anywhere to move them. All the corners are currently occupied.

View attachment 92025
This isn't for Low Rollers.............only those fully committed to support UConn to the fullest will be allowed to purchase one of these luxurious "boxes".......

Reaction Score
The contact is with UConn foundation. That price has to be per seat. So $35,000 for Providence and Nova. $3500 for each game for 10 seats does not help the budget much for this to be created.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom