New Loge Box at Gampel | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Loge Box at Gampel

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In a sea of bad takes, thinking people with more money to donate are better fans is your worst. You're embarassing yourself again.
I've been UConn MBB fan since I was 6. I discovered them myself when I got a clock radio for Christmas. I've never felt sicker emotionally than when Laeitners shot went in. And I have no problems admitting that people that pay big money to the athletic department are better fans than I am. It's called living in the real world.

Reaction Score
I've been UConn MBB fan since I was 6. I discovered them myself when I got a clock radio for Christmas. I've never felt sicker emotionally than when Laeitners shot went in. And I have no problems admitting that people that pay big money to the athletic department are better fans than I am. It's called living in the real world.
Money doesn't make you a better fan, just makes you more visible. All those people who jumped on board after 99 with their big donations are the same ones who left when the program hit rough times. Half of them just wanted to boast about being season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
Yes SRO in "boxes" is a thing. Now, telling people they have to stand on the concourse is a different thing.

For what it's worth, there exists a plan to build an external concourse for Gampel. I've always guessed that as a part of that they would utilize the internal concourse for additional seating. Putting in boxes at that level makes sense as a part of that plan. And the problem is Connecticut has said they don't have the money to do it. Maybe this is a feeler to gauge interest, as part of a halfway measure where they only build out one or more "corners". If so there would be a new external concourse just in those areas. Just a guess.

View attachment 92051
(Rendering from 2015 master plan. It was scheduled to be completed by 2025.)
Yes, but if it was a real box, there would be couches, a TV, ….

Reaction Score

Did you donate money at 6? You sound like a bad fan.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Looking at what season tickets cost, sitting in the "loge" is basically the mid point of what season tickets cost per game.

So unless you want to tell the entire lower bowl to take a hike, the price (in a vacuum) it's that exorbitant compared to our other per game prices.

Now of course the idea is ridiculous, pea brained, and overpriced, but it's not as if a good portion of the arena isn't paying more.
I don’t think that’s the midpoint. My old man has 2 at XL and 2 at Gampel. XL is 5th row behind the bench. Gampel is one of the first rows in the second level, mid-court. Total cost this year was 4550, or 142 per ticket per game. For much better seats than these.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did you donate money at 6? You sound like a bad fan.
I never said bad fan, Mr Bad Faith. I said not as good a fan as someone who gives money. I swear, you wouldn't know a zinger if kissed you on the lips.

Reaction Score
I never said bad fan, Mr Bad Faith. I said not as good a fan as someone who gives money. I swear, you wouldn't know a zinger if it kissed you on the lips.

FIFY.

Reaction Score
I never said bad fan, Mr Bad Faith. I said not as good a fan as someone who gives money. I swear, you wouldn't know a zinger if kissed you on the lips.

Your six-year-old self was a mediocre fan. My apologies.

Is that better? Because your argument is still monumentally stupid.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The definition of “good fan” here is debatable. Are you saying a big donor that goes to 2 games a year is a better fan than one that does not donate but goes to every game? Is a fan that goes to every game but has no UConn gear and doesn’t follow recruiting and doesn’t religiously watch @Storrs South hype videos a better fan than one that can’t afford to go any games yet lives and dies with every play on TV? Your definition revolves too much around what someone can afford.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Money doesn't make you a better fan, just makes you more visible. All those people who jumped on board after 99 with their big donations are the same ones who left when the program hit rough times. Half of them just wanted to boast about being season ticket holders.
100%!! I was in the building on Tuesday nights when 4000 people showed up for Tulane. Every game. All those fairweathers are exactly that. For better or worse, they are ALL back now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Your six-year-old self was a mediocre fan. My apologies.

Is that better? Because your argument is still monumentally stupid.
My 6-year-old self was a good fan. Just like all of us. But my 60-year-old self is a much better fan. Because I pony up now. And the way you consistently misquote me, I have to wonder if you're dishonest or stupid. Actually, both things can be true!

Reaction Score
My 6-year-old self was a good fan. Just like all of us. But my 60-year-old self is a much better fan. Because I pony up now. And the way you consistently misquote me, I have to wonder if you're dishonest or stupid. Actually, both things can be true!
What's a good fan percentage of income after taxes?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Giving money doesn't make you a better fan, just a richer one
I know you're a die-hard Kathy, but I would still say that Mark D'Amelio is a better fan than you and me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's a good fan percentage of income after taxes?
0% I'll say for the umpteenth time, you don't have to give money to be a good fan. But I'll give you an example, that old guy Milt that used to go to the press conferences before he died? The one that always got a steady stream of ridicule on the board here? That guy gave a higher percentage of his after-tax income to UConn than anyone I know. He was a better fan than anyone here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don’t think that’s the midpoint. My old man has 2 at XL and 2 at Gampel. XL is 5th row behind the bench. Gampel is one of the first rows in the second level, mid-court. Total cost this year was 4550, or 142 per ticket per game. For much better seats than these.

Do you have the breakout between GP and XL? I took a lower bowl season seat at GP for my point of comparison?

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
0% I'll say for the umpteenth time, you don't have to give money to be a good fan. But I'll give you an example, that old guy Milt that used to go to the press conferences before he died? The one that always got a steady stream of ridicule on the board here? That guy gave a higher percentage of his after-tax income to UConn than anyone I know. He was a better fan than anyone here.

Obvious troll is obvious at this point lol but is Milt the dude who always had the cigar?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Do you have the breakout between GP and XL? I took a lower bowl season seat at GP for my point of comparison?
Gampel is much cheaper but the XL seats are much closer. Regardless, a Gampel seat in one of the first rows of the upper level, center-court, is an awesome seat. 2 tickets for each venue.

8 games at XL for 2750 total. 171 per seat.
8 games at Gampel for 1800 total. 112 per seat.

Of the totals, seat donation at Gampel for 2 tickets was 350 for the year. Seat donation for 2 tickets at XL was 600.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom