OT: - New Kentucky Assistants | The Boneyard

OT: New Kentucky Assistants

Reaction Score
Guess we’ll see if this comes to light.

Losing Orlando would be a big blow to Illinois.

Reaction Score
Dont want to be competing with UK for murray

edit: lol nevermind. UK just straight up poached 2 Illinois assistants. Imagine losing Kimani and Moore to a place like Duke or UK? This place would implode

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dont want to be competing with UK for murray

edit: lol nevermind. UK just straight up poached 2 Illinois assistants. Imagine losing Kimani and Moore to a place like Duke or UK? This place would implode
who is the other Illinois coach they are getting? I only saw Antigua

Reaction Score
Antigua is a hired gun for schools that need a talent infusion. Is there a bag man that follows him around wherever he coaches? Seems like his “skills” travel from school to school. If Cal can now hire byob assistants, that would be irresistible.

Reaction Score
Last time a Kentucky and Big Ten school involved assistants, Kenya left to Indiana. So let’s hope that doesn’t happen this time around with Luke or Kimani.

Reaction Score
The rumors seem to be Antigua will bring Adam Miller with him from Illinois. But the 2nd assistant leaving is likely going to lead to Skyy Clark their 2022 5* guard to decommit

Reaction Score

They're taking Chin Coleman too lmao. Brutal loss for Illinois to lose their 2 best assistants to Squid

There are rumblings that their third assistant, Stephen Gentry, is returning to Gonzaga. Imagine going from a 1 seed to losing all your assistants and best players in the off season. Rough.

Reaction Score
couldnt have happened to a nicer fan base hahahah
I'm thrilled the Illinois basketball experiment is over. It was annoying during its short existence.

EDIT: the only thing I can recall being more annoying is Purdue fans still talking about Carsen Edwards like he's an all time CBB great and didn't even make a Final Four. Seems to be a Big 10 issue.

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled the Illinois basketball experiment is over. It was annoying during its short existence.

EDIT: the only thing I can recall being more annoying is Purdue fans still talking about Carsen Edwards like he's an all time CBB great and didn't even make a Final Four. Seems to be a Big 10 issue.
Yup, anytime a Big 10 team gets shat on I will enjoy it. All of their fan bases think they are gods gift to the sport; Underclassmen college players right now weren't even alive the last time a Big 10 school won a title lmfaooo

Reaction Score

I still have nightmares of him going full steph curry mode in the elite 8...put ACC DPOY Deandre Hunter on him so he just started hitting shots from 3 steps farther back...got lucky to pull it out in that one...and the next one haha

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I doubt underwood is done, he'll probably find more great assistants

Reaction Score
I doubt underwood is done, he'll probably find more great assistants

I don't think he is done, but that was his window to do something big. It's Illinois, the expectations aren't that high but that was his Year 4 season with an assistant that can do some work recruiting in NYC and two consensus All Americans all of which are gone. After 15 years of silence, that fan base was just happy to be relevant again (not all that different than us this year, only difference is it's been 5 years not 15).

Curbelo is pretty good and a top 30 recruiting class coming in, but not making the second weekend with that roster is pretty bad (granted not his fault Loyola was mis-seeded, on the other hand they weren't all that competitive in that game).

After making the National Title game, Bruce Weber hung around there for another 7 years of mediocre to solid seasons (no second weekend appearances after 2005). I can see Underwood following that trajectory for the remainder of his time in Champaign.

Reaction Score
I don't think he is done, but that was his window to do something big. It's Illinois, the expectations aren't that high but that was his Year 4 season with an assistant that can do some work recruiting in NYC and two consensus All Americans all of which are gone. After 15 years of silence, that fan base was just happy to be relevant again (not all that different than us this year, only difference is it's been 5 years not 15).

Curbelo is pretty good and a top 30 recruiting class coming in, but not making the second weekend with that roster is pretty bad (granted not his fault Loyola was mis-seeded, on the other hand they weren't all that competitive in that game).

After making the National Title game, Bruce Weber hung around there for another 7 years of mediocre to solid seasons (no second weekend appearances after 2005). I can see Underwood following that trajectory for the remainder of his time in Champaign.

I would be pretty surprised if they keep that recruiting class together

Reaction Score
Yup, anytime a Big 10 team gets shat on I will enjoy it. All of their fan bases think they are gods gift to the sport; Underclassmen college players right now weren't even alive the last time a Big 10 school won a title lmfaooo

Living in B1G country is annoying and this year was incredibly annoying. I've had all of these closet Illini, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa fans puffing their chests about how good their conference was this year and how they will dominate the NCAAs. The last whimper was when Michigan went down along with their team logos as their Slack/Zoom profile photos.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Antigua is a hired gun for schools that need a talent infusion. Is there a bag man that follows him around wherever he coaches? Seems like his “skills” travel from school to school. If Cal can now hire byob assistants, that would be irresistible.
He was a terrible coach at USF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom