New Husky Logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Is it wrong that I like A?
Yes. Unless you're being ironic.
B and C are hideous, C reminding me of the new Pitt awful logo.
I could interchange D and E, though I prefer E.
B is a sort of Disney-ified look, back in the 50-s'70's that was a common approach. If you look at Japanese baseball teams they still have childish anime characters for logos sometimes. I think this used to be Dr. Dos's sig pic:

images

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's a another NPB team, the Seibu Lions... very Disney-esque, straight out of the Lion King.

fkaf87sbsbfd2ex1uqak.gif

Reaction Score
Looks like "C" with the blue and white inverted.

Corny looks svelte in that picture. I remember him as positively chunkier, almost Barkley-esque!

But hey, that was the 1980s. I recently saw footage of a Patriot game from the early to mid 1980s, and it was astonishing to see the body types of the people in the stands when they did extended scans. It looked nothing like Patriots fans of today. Different time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They all are set in a profile facing stance further leading me to believe the new logo may be forward facing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I'd guess the same. My guess is it will look like Washington's husky but facing foward.
th

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Article claims to have seen the logo package

Having gotten myself an actual glimpse of a portion of the new logo package, here are some more details in a SportsLogos.Net exclusive on what the logos will look like…
From what I’ve been shown it won’t be too agressive looking afterall, but certainly not as friendly as their current logo. ”Jonathan” has a much different rendering than how he’s looked for the past three decades, looks more like an actual real-life husky and more in line with how other huskies are depicted in logos and graphic design from around sports.
Jonathan’s familiar bright red tongue is present in a few of the logos in the package, not the friendly “it’s sticking out of my mouth and i’m going to lick you” manner like the current set, more like a “hey, my mouth’s open and you can also see my tongue in there” way.
Like the current logo, the new logos are blue, white, and gray.

Says it is similar to the old Nordiques logo, but more polished, before you all freak out.
288.gif

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We could do A LOT worse, especially if we signed with Adidas. :)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm surprised the logo hasn't leaked out by now.

Reaction Score
Fierce

Oregon_Ducks_Football_Logo_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1600.jpg
I'd like something along the lines of this. Oregons logos are good. The one with the Duck coming out of the "O". Something like that would be good. Hopefully they don't go overboard.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'd like something along the lines of this. Oregons logos are good. The one with the Duck coming out of the "O". Something like that would be good. Hopefully they don't go overboard.

Ya I like that as well, I mean the change is happening, nothing any of us can do about it, but I never had a problem with Jonathan not being mean, I always thought it was vintage/classic as opposed to the "run of the mill" you see in college sports today. Even as a Yankee fan, I was pumped to see Baltimore bring back the less aggressive Oriole this past season.

Reaction Score
Ya I like that as well, I mean the change is happening, nothing any of us can do about it, but I never had a problem with Jonathan not being mean, I always thought it was vintage/classic as opposed to the "run of the mill" you see in college sports today. Even as a Yankee fan, I was pumped to see Baltimore bring back the less aggressive Oriole this past season.
I totally agree. I'm fine with the logo we have, but if they're going to design a new one, I hope it's more like Oregons and not some ridiculous, obnoxious logo. Our logo isn't going to intimidate people, our players will, hopefully

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Oregon had special approval from Disney to use Donald Duck as their mascot. We can only hope for something as iconic as that. The best thing about their mascot is it can be used in so many situations.

I think it just goes to show you don't need something intimidating. They have great sports jerseys and they also have a mascot that will just sell merchandise. I think uconn (unlike some other schools) could have something similar if they found the right mix. Jonathan could be more of a "character" if you catch my drift

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Why not incorporate the Husky Dolls from 1999 into the new logo? Wish I had a photo. Surely somebody does.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
A Walt Disney artist also created the Arizona State Sun Devil. Maybe we should have asked ESPN's friends to help out

Reaction Score
I remember in one of the threads someone was saying they wanted to see the outline of CT in a logo like the slick new ASU one. I saw this while shopping at Vernon's finest retailer earlier.
29c2zx2.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember in one of the threads someone was saying they wanted to see the outline of CT in a logo like the slick new ASU one. I saw this while shopping at Vernon's finest retailer earlier.
29c2zx2.jpg

to me it looks too retro, and not in a good way.

Reaction Score
to me it looks too retro, and not in a good way.
Yeah there's a lot going on, if it was just the "C" in the middle of the state I'd say put it on the 50 yd line, both endzones, the helmets, center court and replace the squares on the backboards with it.

Reaction Score
Yeah there's a lot going on, if it was just the "C" in the middle of the state I'd say put it on the 50 yd line, both endzones, the helmets, center court and replace the squares on the backboards with it.

I think our new logo design should incorporate a naked Emily Noonan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A Walt Disney artist also created the Arizona State Sun Devil. Maybe we should have asked ESPN's friends to help out
I believe the artist did not think well of Walt and thus used a stylized image of him as the "devil".

Most Uni Watch readers are probably already familiar with the story of Bert Anthony. He’s the designer who created the Arizona State Sun Devils mascot, Sparky, and in so doing perhaps “demonized” his former employer, Walt Disney, who bears a striking resemblance to Sparky.
Sparky-and-Disney.jpg

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member