New Gampel Video Board | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Gampel Video Board

Reaction Score
I'll never understand the point of wasting money on stuff like this. Make real quality of life improvements; Concourse, bathrooms, better vendors, anything that makes going to the games less difficult. Was anyone complaining about the old video board?
A couple points. These new boards will make it easy to check stats and the large images of replays will be exciting for the fans.
Image is everything today and those boards will also impress recruits when we show videos of them dunking at Gampel as part of their visit agenda.
While the old ones looked as if they were installed in 1990, if you weren't going to Gampel at the beginning you won't know or remember the original boards were even smaller than the ones now being replaced.

Reaction Score
A couple points. These new boards will make it easy to check stats and the large images of replays will be exciting for the fans.
Image is everything today and those boards will also impress recruits when we show videos of them dunking at Gampel as part of their visit agenda.
While the old ones looked as if they were installed in 1990, if you weren't going to Gampel at the beginning you won't know or remember the original boards were even smaller than the ones now being replaced.
So true. I mean, the internet didn’t really even exist back then so it was pretty basic. My profile pic here is the final score on the scoreboard from the first game at Gampel. State of the art!

Reaction Score
So true. I mean, the internet didn’t really even exist back then so it was pretty basic. My profile pic here is the final score on the scoreboard from the first game at Gampel. State of the art!
That was a fun game. We were so thrilled to have such a great arena and to soundly beat St. John's (which, along with Villanova, Georgetown, Syracuse and BC College had owned us for over ten years) made it one of my favorite nights as a Husky grad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore
Top Bottom