New Gampel Video Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Gampel Video Board

Reaction Score
The old board was one of the last pieces of “university of connecticut” signage we had. Of course now replaced with the vile nike “uconn”. The further we move away from the word connecticut the further we are from god

Its crazy how in 2024 a University thinks its a good idea to get away from it's primary potential market (the residents of the State of Connecticut). The closer the ties to Connecticut the more fans the University can capture outside its direct student/alumni/staff base.

I have never understood it and probably never will. That's why I always try to say I'm a fan of "Connecticut" or "Connecticut Huskies" whenever possible in written communication and even when I'm talking to someone

They should always proudly try to market "Connecticut" as part of their branding strategy because a lot of people tend to follow teams based on geographic association. Who knows - it may help draw more fans to football games outside traditional alumni base.

Those are just my 2 cents. Maybe they looked at the data and determined otherwise. who knows

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll never understand the point of wasting money on stuff like this. Make real quality of life improvements; Concourse, bathrooms, better vendors, anything that makes going to the games less difficult. Was anyone complaining about the old video board?

Reaction Score
I'll never understand the point of wasting money on stuff like this. Make real quality of life improvements; Concourse, bathrooms, better vendors, anything that makes going to the games less difficult. Was anyone complaining about the old video board?
I've seen a lot of people just on boneyard alone complain about the old board.

Reaction Score
I don’t think this is taking up much of the budget in the grand scheme of things. It just looks better. It’s like updating your microwave in your kitchen

Reaction Score
I really like to be able to see the score and stats at the games. This looks like a nice addition which will also liven up the place.

Reaction Score
I think it was brought up during one of the triple double games that nobody in the arena knew he was approaching one because the scoreboard doesn't show that. 1st world problems, but I think it was a needed upgrade

Reaction Score
Its crazy how in 2024 a University thinks its a good idea to get away from it's primary potential market (the residents of the State of Connecticut). The closer the ties to Connecticut the more fans the University can capture outside its direct student/alumni/staff base.

I have never understood it and probably never will. That's why I always try to say I'm a fan of "Connecticut" or "Connecticut Huskies" whenever possible in written communication and even when I'm talking to someone

They should always proudly try to market "Connecticut" as part of their branding strategy because a lot of people tend to follow teams based on geographic association. Who knows - it may help draw more fans to football games outside traditional alumni base.

Those are just my 2 cents. Maybe they looked at the data and determined otherwise. who knows
It was the second of two unforgivable sins committed by susan herbst during her 8-year reign of terror from 2011-2019. The first: ending spring weekend

Reaction Score
Yes.

Reaction Score
For younger fans, they want great wifi (top priority) and high quality video boards. My son and his friends never mention concourse, bathrooms, better vendors,... as an issue.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t think this is taking up much of the budget in the grand scheme of things. It just looks better. It’s like updating your microwave in your kitchen
But I don't throw out my functioning microwave for a shiny new one. This is an aesthetic improvement that does nothing to functionally improve the experience of attending games, besides showing stats i could see on my phone if we invested in better WIFI instead.
I really like to be able to see the score and stats at the games. This looks like a nice addition which will also liven up the place.
The score was easily visible imo. I'd rather invest in WIFI as a quality of life improvement that also allows you to pull up the box score whenever you want.
I think it was brought up during one of the triple double games that nobody in the arena knew he was approaching one because the scoreboard doesn't show that. 1st world problems, but I think it was a needed upgrade
Needed is a stretch but it'll be a small improvement generally speaking.
For younger fans, they want great wifi (top priority) and high quality video boards. My son and his friends never mention concourse, bathrooms, better vendors,... as an issue.
When I was 15 I didn't think about these things either.

Reaction Score
It is kind of strange that they didn't try to get an angle where the whole screen is unobscured.

If we wanna be nitpicky, we could also point out that Karaban has apparently joined the women's team...or maybe it's Paige who's joined the men's team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was the second of two unforgivable sins committed by susan herbst during her 8-year reign of terror from 2011-2019. The first: ending spring weekend
"The ending of spring weekend came 30 years too late."
.888888!666667!6666667- my liver (probably)

Reaction Score
The old board was one of the last pieces of “university of connecticut” signage we had. Of course now replaced with the vile nike “uconn”. The further we move away from the word connecticut the further we are from god

UConn was UConn before NIKE existed. The name UConn has NOTHING to do with NIKE. Nike did design the awful new logo.

You know not of what you speak. God likes UConn. UConn is God's favorite team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom