Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is this a troll..? I'm so confused
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There's nothing about this guy online. This is very strange.

I did watch the highlight video and, with all the usual caveats (no idea re level of competition, and the video shows very little ballhandling and only 1 defensive play), it's a pretty nice mixtape! He has a nice looking shot with range and a floater.

That doesn't mean he's a D1 player. It just means it's a nice mixtape (apart from the graininess and lack of audio).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he’s not a walk on, this is a favor to Montverde. Which is honestly fine because building a trust/relationship with them while using our last bench spot is a good investment. But he’s most likely a walk on.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Here is an article from May 4th announcing this. Is it really possible that we all missed this? I'm so confused.

Maybe he's a preferred walk-on or whatever they call it now? It doesn't say he was offered a scholarship, just that he'll be playing at UConn.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Maybe he's a preferred walk-on or whatever they call it now? It doesn't say he was offered a scholarship, just that he'll be playing at UConn.
I guess why not take a preferred walk on if a kid is a lottery ticket and you can get him on campus without giving up a scholarship. Just weird that it was "public" for 3 weeks and this is the first time it's been brought up (I'd assume if he was a legit scholarship recruit Hurley would have at least mentioned him in the recent interviews he's given our beat writers???)

Reaction Score
Yeah, even his picture of his commitment made it look fake. LOL! I hope he is just a walk-on.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
On his instagram, I couldn't find a single member of the staff who follows him. His only follower associated with the team is Andrew Hurley.

On his announcement post there was a congrats given by some NIL agent, rest of the comments looked like family and friends.

The preferred walk on theory makes sense. Still just bizarre.

Reaction Score
Coincidence that he committed soon after Matt Garry entered the transfer portal (Yes, it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom