New Article on FBI Probe... | The Boneyard

New Article on FBI Probe...

Reaction Score
That article is a hilarious rehashing of the ESPN article without adding literally anything.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Three dozen. Read it myself. This has to have been going on for a couple years I would think. Maybe the articles say that. No idea which schools are part of this. Imagine if it is the top programs. Like a good amount from the top 25? We could see a Columbia, Stony Brook, Yale and Leigh final four.

Reaction Score
For me, the only interesting aspect was the reference to it's not mid majors tryiing to become top schools but schools that are already top schools. Knowing the NCAA how many 'yarders think thiw will turn into a big nothing for most implicated with a select couple/several being hammered if anything at all....

Reaction Score
Most telling is the NCAA has done nothing with programs already implicated. They have done nothing with UNC, Baylor or Michigan State. But, they spend hundreds of hours investigating laundry money allowances and extra food. What a total joke.

Reaction Score
Thamel:

>>“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”<<

Reaction Score
That article is a hilarious rehashing of the ESPN article without adding literally anything.
Agreed. What was the point. Like hitting "Bump" to move a thread up.

Reaction Score
I’ll be the first to go on record and say hopefully we see who is involved in this before we hire our next coach. I can just see it now...we go out and get some rising up and comer then find out 2 weeks later they are involved in this mess and we end up in an even more precarious position.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Check it out -- we got a mention in the comments...

IMG_0096.PNG

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If dozens of top programs are implicated in the scandal, there's no way there will be serious sanctions across the board. It'd kill college basketball itself.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thamel:

>>“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”<<
Honestly I'll believe it when I see it. I just don't think the NCAA has the balls to do anything close to what's right...

Reaction Score
My prediction. UK, Duke, Zona and Kansas are going to get popped for paying kids to come to their school and bring in millions for the university and UNC, a school that perpetrated 2 decades of horrendous academic fraud but hasn't brought in big time recruits the past 5 years will be lauded as a paragon of virtue.

Reaction Score
This whole could be good for us... IF we arent one of the schools. Right now were bottom of the barrel and if 35-50 good schools get busted and we get a new coach, we might improve our lot. Its an idea.

I also love the idea that some recent nat titles could come down. Duke UNC would be nice, Kentucky.

Reaction Score
This whole could be good for us... IF we arent one of the schools. Right now were bottom of the barrel and if 35-50 good schools get busted and we get a new coach, we might improve our lot. Its an idea.

I also love the idea that some recent nat titles could come down. Duke UNC would be nice, Kentucky.
I'm not so sure. Everyone knew kids were Adidas kids or Nike kids and AAU programs were aligned with the shoe companies. Plus, colleges were being paid by the shoe companies so they were either Adidas or Nike schools. I don't think any major school could be innocent.

Reaction Score
It seems obvious who is on that list. 35-50 schools? Let me spell it out. Every blue blood, every school in the big east sans DePaul and butler, every school in the acc sans BC and maybe Pitt, and yes, us.

But rather than schools getting punished, I think this is the end of the NCAA. Hypocrites.

Reaction Score
It seems obvious who is on that list. 35-50 schools? Let me spell it out. Every blue blood, every school in the big east sans DePaul and butler, every school in the acc sans BC and maybe Pitt, and yes, us.

But rather than schools getting punished, I think this is the end of the NCAA. Hypocrites.
I disagree with the outcome here. The FBI basically has the goods on every blue blood basketball program. BUT, most of what was done is not illegal, but against NCAA rules. I don't think we or the NCAA will ever see what the FBI has and all schools (and Adidas and Nike) will take the serious warning and change their ways.

Reaction Score
I disagree with the outcome here. The FBI basically has the goods on every blue blood basketball program. BUT, most of what was done is not illegal, but against NCAA rules. I don't think we or the NCAA will ever see what the FBI has and all schools (and Adidas and Nike) will take the serious warning and change their ways.

Yup, nothing will come of this, book it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom