Never Worked Mojo This Hard | The Boneyard

Never Worked Mojo This Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last year in the Championship game against Kentucky I was switching spots on the sofa, sitting on the coffee table and standing up.

Today was the even more insane. I'm in a hotel room while out of town on work. I was sitting at the computer desk commenting in the chatroom. I was ignoring the chatroom. I was sitting in the desk chair. I was sitting on the bed. I was moving the TV angle. It wasn't until I started drinking the Shiner White Wing straight out of the bottle with six minutes to go.

And I did spend 15 minutes looking at the beer coolers at the local Bi-Lo honestly feeling that my beer choice would affect the outcome of the game.

It's easy to root for some teams. This team requires your energy for 40 minutes. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

U-C-O-N-N!!!!!!!!!!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Me too. I was using all of my idiosyncratic mojo maneuvers today. Standing in specific spot in my living room, checking my email at every stoppage of play, turning my back to the tv on every UCONN free throw attempt and watching them in the living room mirror. I was working them all. I was nuts during the Kentucky game last year as well but was actually at the game. I spent about 10 minutes kneeling on the ground in front of my seat since that's what I was doing when we made an early run. I need to be institutionalized.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Me too. I was using all of my idiosyncratic mojo maneuvers today. Standing in specific spot in my living room, checking my email at every stoppage of play, turning my back to the tv on every UCONN free throw attempt and watching them in the living room mirror. I was working them all. I was nuts during the Kentucky game last year as well but was actually at the game. I spent about 10 minutes kneeling on the ground in front of my seat since that's what I was doing when we made an early run. I need to be institutionalized.
I thought we were all institutionalized and The Boneyard is our padded cell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
For us my wife wears headphones that block out all noise. She started this the last third of the season. She became tired of hearing me scream and moan. I was tired of hearing her yell at me to stop. All is good. She's wearing those things every game from now on.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm of the ilk that personal mojo should not be discussed until after the prize is won. The mojo gods don't want you talking out loud about the mojo - it makes it less effective. It needs to simmer within as if it doesn't exist to anyone else.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I must have prayed more than a monk tonight and placed every single church blessed object near the tv :rolleyes:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm of the ilk that personal mojo should not be discussed until after the prize is won. The mojo gods don't want you talking out loud about the mojo - it makes it less effective. It needs to simmer within as if it doesn't exist to anyone else.

I'm of the ilk that if you believe it affects karma, then it affects karma. That actual act is less important than the faith put in to the act.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Is Senhor Testiculo reserved for the Big Dance only or something? Seems like forever since I have seen that nasty sack

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
When my old man retired from the university, Tim Tolokan gave him a letterman jacket on behalf of the AD. For yuks, I decided to wear it today. It was hot as balls in the XL Center, but no way in hell was it coming off.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
I must have prayed more than a monk tonight and placed every single church blessed object near the tv :rolleyes:

I was thinking about throwing holy water at the tv but I didn't want to short circuit it. :p

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
just because I shared those few doesn't mean I don't have another 50 in reserve should they start to lose their effectiveness.

Reaction Score
FYI, get another basketball game on a different channel. When UConn has a string of bad plays and the momentum is swinging in the wrong directions, hit the last buttom to go to the other game. Wait about 20 seconds or more if you can and then go back. UConn will start playing better. Repeat as needed until UConn wins the game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
T-shirt and 1/4 zip were pretty early and easy choices for me today, but the hat was a game-time decision. After much deliberation (*possibly* including modeling in the mirror), I went with the official 2011 BET Championship cap. The HI5TORY shirt is definitely going to be joining it in the XL tomorrow. It should have been more obvious than it was, but like our win, I'll take ugly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn gym shorts and a long sleeve 2011 gray championship t-shirt. Commando of course on the shorts. Because it's that time of year.

Reaction Score
I try and loosely watch first half of big games. I watch every second 1 foot from 50 inch screen standing shouting at the television. I laugh I cry I lose my and my wife usually watches from the kitchen. My 2 little guys cheer me on not really knowing what dad is so upset about. My 18 year old away at school texts and calls me the whole game almost a mental mirror image of me. I was given the option to listen to championship game in radio last year during family trip or stay and watch tv. I picked the radio and doing something during the game to detach me a little from the experience. It all shattered with 5 minutes left against Kentucky while I was doing 90 on the highway having a Husky fan moment. I go to games with my oldest son we hen he is here. It's our thing and I have a hard time going to mecca without my boy. I'm nuts.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Same shirt i wore to the game last night and when my 2 year old abandoned his satchel of Annie's graham cracker bunnies during the start of our 14 point run i snatched em up and, one by one, ate the balance of the package strategically managing my intake to ensure they lasted.

I also asked my wife to make sure we have 2 more bags available for 3:15 tomorrow. Let the kid go hungry. I got mojo to earn.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I changed into a Ben Gordon jersey from the Caron Butler jersey I was wearing after 5 minutes in with 0 points to get the offense going. It worked.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For two-and-a-halfcyears years, an almost 8-year old would ignore or tease me, seeing me as competition for her Nene's affection. But we've turned the corner in the last few months and today she asked to be recorded singing "You Are My Sunshine" and then have the video emailed to me. As the second half began, she and her older brother came in to join me watching the game. She cuddled, wrestled and climbed all over me, but grew in sensing the game's importance. At 40-31, she got up off the couch, stood closer to the TV and shouted, "Tulsa, stop!" Held 'em to 2 free throws. Never seen anything like it. I sure do think it affects the mojo.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
For two-and-a-halfcyears years, an almost 8-year old would ignore or tease me, seeing me as competition for her Nene's affection. But we've turned the corner in the last few months and today she asked to be recorded singing "You Are My Sunshine" and then have the video emailed to me. As the second half began, she and her older brother came in to join me watching the game. She cuddled, wrestled and climbed all over me, but grew in sensing the game's importance. At 40-31, she got up off the couch, stood closer to the TV and shouted, "Tulsa, stop!" Held 'em to 2 free throws. Never seen anything like it. I sure do think it affects the mojo.
get her ready for tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky