Never Worked Mojo This Hard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Never Worked Mojo This Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have a colic-y two month old here, so the first two games were watched, soundless via watch espn on an iPad while begging her to go to sleep. Yesterday, we played like butt as I tried to watch the game in the living room. Down 40-31, we moved upstairs to give her a bottle, fired up the iPad, and watched a 16-2 run. Suffice to say, I've gotta charge the iPad.

In 2011, I wore the same uconn long sleeve t and sweatpants for each game. I had a gig for the Kentucky game so I cut a piece of the sweatpants apart and put it in my pocket to preserve the mojo.

Last year I did not sit during the games; instead I played defense against nothing (there was a chair nearby though) and alternated the sound between 15 ad 21. 21 for defense and 15 for offense. Dogfish 60 minute flowed like wine.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
For us my wife wears headphones that block out all noise. She started this the last third of the season. She became tired of hearing me scream and moan. I was tired of hearing her yell at me to stop. All is good. She's wearing those things every game from now on.

This happened last night with about 6 mins to play:
WIFE: Shut up already, you're upsetting us (meaning her and the dog).
ME: It's my house and I'll root however I want.
WIFE: Yes, you can root, but can you do it without swearing so much?

5 minutes later...
WIFE (loudly): Holy shiat! I can't believe they're going to win.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
After a long winter in the garage since the first nasty storm, my 4-NC flag is now flying over the entrance to our driveway again.

Reaction Score
I did my best for MOJO yesterday at the XL.

Spent the entire second half on the landing next to Section 240(trying to find the lucky spot to turn it around)

On Boat's 3 to tie it you can see me at the rail doing the 3 signal as the ball leave his hands.

Started getting texts saying is that you? LOL !!!!

Might have to stay in that spot the entire game today.

Whatever it takes.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Spent the entire second half on the landing next to Section 240(trying to find the lucky spot to turn it around)

On Boat's 3 to tie it you can see me at the rail doing the 3 signal as the ball leave his hands.

Starting getting texts saying is that you? LOL !!!!

Whatever it takes.

Haha the guy I go to the games with stands on the landing of 233 the whole time. Won't sit.

Reaction Score
UChusky916 said:
When we went down by 10 in the second half I realized I wasn't wearing any UConn apparel. Quickly grabbed my cap and put it on. We seemed to do fine from then on... :)

I'm going 3 straight days in the same 2 t-shirt rotation. Old school T during he day and 2014 championship T during the game. Thank god the wife is out of town.

Reaction Score

Started getting texts saying is that you? LOL !!!!

Whatever it takes.

Lots of Meriden Mojo going on T..;)

Reaction Score
MattMang23 said:
Pffffffff. Real fans would wear the same t-shirt all day and night for three straight days, AND same underwear too.

I actually meant to put the 2014 T on the following day and not the old school T. It was a case of mistaken T identity. But I'll be dammed if I mess with the mojo now.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We are having our watch parties at a place called Calhoun's Rooftop on the UH campus, 4701 Calhoun Road. Yesterday the bartender told us her boyfriend is from Somers, so she watches a lot of UCONN games with him. She said if UCONN wins she would give us all free shots after the game. After we won, one of the guys who was watching the game with us called me after he left and said there's a girl outside you've got to see. We're all expecting to see some scantily-clad, smokin' white hot UH co-ed babe downstairs catching some rays. Instead we walk down and there's a very small Asian girl sitting at a table with a very handsome and well taken care of Siberian Husky. I petted the dog for a few minutes.

These are unmistakable signs that the mojo gods are in alignment with us yet again, even at remote outposts halfway across the country.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This happened last night with about 6 mins to play:
WIFE: Shut up already, you're upsetting us (meaning her and the dog).
ME: It's my house and I'll root however I want.
WIFE: Yes, you can root, but can you do it without swearing so much?

5 minutes later...
WIFE (loudly): Holy shiat! I can't believe they're going to win.
That's the name of the game isn't it?

My wife first said she wears the head phones because I'm too out of control. Right! In one game all I said was OMG AB and that was the definition of out of control. So I challenged her and she said it was because she hated seeing me so upset when the team plays badly or loses. So the next loss I said nothing and made sure to not appear devastated. So when I challenged her again the real reason came forth. She wants the team to win as badly if not more badly than I do and is looking at me as the excuse for her misery.

I've decided to love her for her passion for the team as opposed to hating her for making me be the whipping boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom