NEVER play TENN again | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NEVER play TENN again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why do we have to rehash all that trashy old history? The game has an electric atmosphere, as it did in CT…the fans and players get up for it…and heck, UConn has many more players hurt in their own practices than in Tenn games.
I love this post.

Just watch Lou's interview at the end and what it meant. That far exceeds any past issues.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sounds good. But all of this is contingent on those teams agreeing to play Geno. I would rather play PAC 12 teams since I believe, and I've stated this for many years, that this has been the superior conference. I'd rather play Stanford, UCLA, or Oregon. Duke would be nice, but I'd rather Texas.
Of course. The other teams have to agree to play UConn.

UConn is in the midst of a 2-game series with Texas and will play in Austin next season. Hopefully it will be renewed.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I like it when people say...Geno isn't afraid to play anyone. I like it when I look at the RPI Index and I see us at number one. I like it when I look at the SOS ratings and we are number one. I like it that despite the tough schedule at the end of the season we are still a number one seed. I also like it when we are announced as a final four team and I sure as hell like it...no I love it when we are cutting down the nets after the championship game. I think that sums up how I feel about playing Tennessee or anyone else.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I wonder to the same thing, but keep in mind it’s not like Pat went off in a dark room, and wrote the complaint herself. And she received a complaint from, let’s call it a somewhat “fervent“ website administrator, and then hand them off to her president, who intern handed off to the SEC commissioner, who made the complaint, if memory serves correctly. So, while I supposed that, a potentially diminished Pat could have made bad decisions, there were a whole lot of other people involved who don’t have that excuse.
Very true. You forgot the final step: the ncaa's reaction.

Harvey Milk Lgbt GIF by GIPHY News

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why do we have to rehash all that trashy old history? The game has an electric atmosphere, as it did in CT…the fans and players get up for it…and heck, UConn has many more players hurt in their own practices than in Tenn games.
Great points.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very true. You forgot the final step: the ncaa's reaction.

Harvey Milk Lgbt GIF by GIPHY News
Lol.

Really, though, that whole french fry thing yeah must’ve seemed like it had legs.

Reaction Score
I don't believe "the animosity [is] of the past" for Tennessee's fans or the program.
Those games from the past mean a lot to alumni. Also many players learn about the foundation that built the program. Lobo, Bird, Rizotti, Sale and all the past greats are alive. The players today hear the stories. Every great player wants to be on equal footing with the UCONN legends. These games do not mean any less, at least not to a lot of us.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Those games from the past mean a lot to alumni. Also many players learn about the foundation that built the program. Lobo, Bird, Rizotti, Sale and all the past greats are alive. The players today hear the stories. Every great player wants to be on equal footing with the UCONN legends. These games do not mean any less, at least not to a lot of us.
I appreciate your point of view.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't play Tennessee or Maryland again with their present coaches.....ever

Reaction Score
It was a tough game, but the Huskies are able to use such, IMO to prepare for the tournament. While the series is no longer what it was, Uconn's players benefit from the experience. Also, Harper is likeable enough so we should help her. A strong Tennessee is good for Uconn. Ending the series helps no one. Go Huskies

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
One thing to consider...with what UConn will put on the floor for the next 3 seasons...it just might be hard to find out of conference opponents that want to play UConn.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn’t owe its success to Tennessee, just credit for help in accelerating its visibility. Better?
I still hate you.
Dog Yes GIF by HIF Australia

There are a lot of UConn WBB fans here in So Cal.
They are everywhere! I have told the story here in the past when a friend was walking through a Kansas airport with people applauding. It was late in the season and she asked someone what people were clapping about. The reply was your UConn women's basketball sweatshirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom