Never ending Jonathan/logo debate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Never ending Jonathan/logo debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
View attachment 87160

This is a Samoyed.

View attachment 87161

This is a Husky.

Both are beautiful dogs. My wife had a Samoyed growing up. She'd laugh every time she saw the old logos being described as Huskies.

Me. I don't care what logo we go with. If someone wants us to change the logo to the ugliest dog in the world and paid UConn big $$ to do so I'd consider it.

This is a White Siberian Husky
352CBC82-8E07-4F01-9729-B0AD96D564F9.jpeg

This is a Wolf:
8FE34D30-56B5-460A-BF4A-CC13A67A5010.jpeg

Both are beautiful canines. Only the top one is our mascot though.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't care about it other than wearing UConn gear. I used to wear it to represent the Huskies but it always looked silly, it was the wrong breed of dog and just looked like a goofy logo made for kids. The gear looks so much better now.
Yeah, I was just joking because we’ve gone back-and-forth over the years on this stuff.

Although, I don’t think you’ve ever said it, I’m sure you have no problem with going back to a white husky as a mascot. You just didn’t like the last two renderings. I hear you.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was just joking because we’ve gone back-and-forth over the years on this stuff.

Although, I don’t think you’ve ever said it, I’m sure you have no problem with going back to a white husky as a mascot. You just didn’t like the last two renderings. I hear you.
No, I have no problem with that or a streamlined white Husky logo that looks like the current Husky logo. I get that you liked the uniqueness of us having the white Husky, I just didn't like the big fluffy white dog with it's head at an angle with the tongue out.

It may not be as unique because it's no longer all white but I just think it looks better than the old logo and it's a much better logo than all the other D1 Husky teams, IMO.

CL82

Reaction Score
No, I have no problem with that or a streamlined white Husky logo that looks like the current Husky logo. I get that you liked the uniqueness of us having the white Husky, I just didn't like the big fluffy white dog with it's head at an angle with the tongue out.

It may not be as unique because it's no longer all white but I just think it looks better than the old logo and it's a much better logo than all the other D1 Husky teams, IMO.
I think I’ve said this before, but it looks terrific on the outside of Gampel.

Reaction Score
Of all the years I’ve been a fan
The only thing I ever really thought was crazy about our logo’s was putting it on the front of our football helmets a few years ago .
That was embarrassing.
Other then that I have hoodies,
shirts , and hats with the old and new and never even notice which one they are .
I got a bunch of UConn stuff for Christmas this year and among them were a variety of decals . I had forgotten about them and found them just before the tournament. Figuring it was a sign I put them on my golf cart and the rest is history.

To paraphrase my old football coach’s favorite metaphor.
“ its not the size (or look ) of the dog in the fight its the size of fight in the dog”

Reaction Score
Why do people who like the Samoyed design act like people aren't aware white huskies exist?

Reaction Score
Does Nike control if Blue Connecticut Jerseys become a thing? How does UConn make that happen? Also 2011 Husky was the best - hated the rebrand at first because of the association of the AAC and losing the Big East but they've won almost the same amount of Nattys with the new one so....

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Man, people have an issue with the past 90s and 2000s fluffy dog? That’s not easy close to a debate it’s 10,000x better than the new one, which I don’t hate. I just don’t care much. The previous 2 Huskies are incredible for a sports logo.

Reaction Score
Man, people have an issue with the past 90s and 2000s fluffy dog? That’s not easy close to a debate it’s 10,000x better than the new one, which I don’t hate. I just don’t care much. The previous 2 Huskies are incredible for a sports logo.
Awful.

Reaction Score
The white husky is fairly unique. The new logo (or similar logos) is in common use all over the place

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The white husky is fairly unique. The new logo (or similar logos) is in common use all over the place

Exactly right. And it’s cool. And it’s associated with our program and that stretch of dominance.

I’m super confused how someone could like the generic wolf looking point guy we have now over our circular, fluffy friend. But hey, everyone’s entitled.

Anyone see Kemba’s hat and chain from the final four? He’s not icing out that generic boring pointy wolf.

Reaction Score
Exactly right. And it’s cool. And it’s associated with our program and that stretch of dominance.

I’m super confused how someone could like the generic wolf looking point guy we have now over our circular, fluffy friend. But hey, everyone’s entitled.

Anyone see Kemba’s hat and chain from the final four? He’s not icing out that generic boring pointy wolf.
Maybe Kemba was wearing the white Samoyed logo because the circular white Samoyed was the logo UConn had when he was in school. We didn't move on to the Siberian Husky logo until Kemba was playing in the NBA.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
THIS IS A HUSKY.

This is a white siberian husky. Just an incredibly beautiful dog.

View attachment 87163
Sure. And it looks nothing like the old logo, which is a Samoyed with fluffy fur. But a logo with an all white husky would be eyes and a nose. It doesn't work well.

Somehow I knew this would never go away. The practical realities of logos are that the multi color husky coats work better.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The logo in your post is the best and definitive UConn Husky. I don't love the 00s fluffy Husky, particularly with the red tongue like @CTBasketball posted above.

I go: your logo, the all blue/white updated husky ( below), wolf/current husky , then the one CT basketball one.

View attachment 87157
How about a combination of this logo Fluff Husky with this tongue:

1681161169448.png

Reaction Score

We have 3 championships with old logo and 2 championships with the new logo. Even if that was the case at one point, it is certainly not the case now.

Kemba was also literally wearing the new UConn logo at the Final Four as well, and was surrounded by tons of other old time players wearing the old logo even in the picture you're referring to with his jacket

BCE4E67A-A369-473F-A294-0906C99E61CC.jpeg
9A15168C-2BDE-4EC2-A813-A33F3FCC58A5.jpeg

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
We have 3 championships with old logo and 2 championships with the new logo. Even if that was the case at one point, it is certainly not the case now.

Kemba was also literally wearing the new UConn logo at the Final Four as well, and was surrounded by tons of other old time players wearing the old logo even in the picture you're referring to with his jacket

View attachment 87208 View attachment 87209

I already said I'm not totally hating on the new logo, and of course these dudes get new t-shirts from the school or Nike it's going to be the new logo for the most part.

I'm simply saying the old logo is better and more recognizable and attached to our program. I'm actually not saying anything that controversial, I don't hate either one I just find it astonishing that people who grew up watching 90s UConn basketball would hate that logo - it's iconic in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom