Never ending Jonathan/logo debate | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Never ending Jonathan/logo debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As we're discussing logowear, not mascots, it is particularly relevant.
Respectfully, your opinion as to whether a stylized drawing of a dog is more representative of one than another of the two related breeds of dogs, isn’t particularly relevant. As noted above, though, UConn has had at least one Samoyed as their live mascot as well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Respectfully, your opinion as to whether a stylized drawing of a dog is more representative of one than another of the two related breeds of dogs, isn’t particularly relevant. As noted above, though, UConn has had at least one Samoyed as their live mascot as well.
That's fine, although it was someone else's opinion that started this discussion.

I still have a wool cap and a sweatshirt with the old cartoon. But I own a lot more apparel with the current logo.

As George Carlin once said, "I'm a modern man..."

CL82

Reaction Score
That's fine, although it was someone else's opinion that started this discussion.

I still have a wool cap and a sweatshirt with the old cartoon. But I own a lot more apparel with the current logo.

As George Carlin once said, "I'm a modern man..."
I own both stuff with both too. But in the postseason I strictly wore white dog stuff, much is the team did. You can’t argue with the results, right?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I own both stuff with both too. But in the postseason I strictly wore white dog stuff, much is the team did. You can’t argue with the results, right?
If we're talking "results", I'd argue that tbomk there was no Husky logo on the actual unis for the first 3 NCs. Maybe on the warmups.

CL82

Reaction Score
If we're talking "results", I'd argue that tbomk there was no Husky logo on the actual unis for the first 3 NCs. Maybe on the warmups.
The white husky was the logo for four of those natties (since we wore them this year) and the Sold blue wolf natty was with kids who have been developed under the white Husky logo.

Those are the facts, and they are undisputed.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The white husky was the logo for four of those natties (since we wore them this year) and the Sold blue wolf natty was with kids who have been developed under the white Husky logo.

Those are the facts, and they are undisputed.
Curious - where on any men's bball uni in past 25 years has UConn used a husky logo?

We.ve had plenty of arguments over Connecticut vs UConn. blue vs white vs (God forbid) black and gray. But I just don't recall any uni featuring any dog.

Reaction Score
3919CA01-3016-4EC1-8BB4-FB1AAB7C70A4.jpeg

My Ozzy could be the logo.

Reaction Score
Curious - where on any men's bball uni in past 25 years has UConn used a husky logo?

We.ve had plenty of arguments over Connecticut vs UConn. blue vs white vs (God forbid) black and gray. But I just don't recall any uni featuring any dog.
The throwbacks have the Samoyed on the shorts.

CL82

Reaction Score

This year’s did. Google it if you’re curious.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Fluffy boy Jonathan was on the shorts from like 94-2010 unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying...earlier version had that standing Husky dribbling (1989?)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This year’s did. Google it if you’re curious.
I saw 99s did. And I saw 2014's did. I only saw 23 having a dog when they wore the throwbacks with the BE flag logo. Didn't see it on 2011 unis (which had the weird narrow U intersecting the C on the shorts). I'll concede 2023 wore the Samoyed duriing the NC game, but the regular uni just had HUSKIES down the leg. I'm not sure if 2004 had the Samoyed all year or just in the NC.

But it's enough to support your point I guess, so I'll concede the win.

Reaction Score
The fluffy dog with his tongue hanging out looks like some old couples' dog after a half hour of romping at the dog park......pet me, pet me, pant, pant.........

The quarter turn logo dog may be unique to us but it looks like the dog is wimpy and won't look anyone in the eye.

The current one stares you down and says it all.........don't mess with us.......maybe it's only won one NC but look at the margins of victory!

Reaction Score
No problem with the logos but our mascot wears mascara. Who decided our mascot should be Tammy Faye baker?
Figured I would take this topic way off the rails
Not sure why they have to stretch an ultra-tight uniform over the furry costume and sometimes chonky person inside. What Not to Wear.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It is an abomination. Whoever approved that design should be fired. Looks nothing like the new logo so why not just keep the old white Jonathan? smdh

Why is his arm broken?

Reaction Score
The off season is officially here I guess!

Awhile back someone mocked up a great compromise. This one kicks ass.

View attachment 87245
I could live with this. My issue with the current logo is I feel like it looks like it would be a logo option on 2Ks create a team page. I’m also pretty positive it has to do with my age and just being the logo of the teams I rooted for in the late 90s to mid 00s. The fact that it came with the death of the big east and my greatest fears coming true about the aac just further cemented my feeling about the new logo.

It hasn’t stopped me from buying some merch with the new husky. I just make sure to grab the throwback whenever the opportunity arises.

CL82

Reaction Score
It is an abomination. Whoever approved that design should be fired. Looks nothing like the new logo so why not just keep the old white Jonathan? smdh
1684152244877.jpeg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Pffft. Show me a good-looking mascot suit. They’re all stupid.

Clemson has a truly awful one, which I rib my buddies as “thyroid kitty” given the silly eyes.

1684152831672.png

Reaction Score
I refuse to buy any gear with the new husky on it. The white husky should be the only husky even if it’s not technically a Husky.
Kind of a stupid remark. It’s not a Husky!

Reaction Score
Kind of a stupid remark. It’s not a Husky!
The white dog is a husky just a different type. It’s not stupid for people to have a preference. People can enjoy them both (new or old) but they are still rocking UConn gear. Who cares…

IMG_4259.jpeg

CL82

Reaction Score
There was a girl in there when I went to UConn. Do they still have women in the suit?
No idea. It used to be a guy when I was there.

Reaction Score
During my time I knew women and men who wore the mascot suit. I even had to sub in one time! It was horrible.

CL82

Reaction Score
During my time I knew women and men who wore the mascot suit. I even had to sub in one time! It was horrible.
I feel like there has to be a pretty good sweat reek in that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom