NESN Vote: Which Current Head Coach is New England's Best? | The Boneyard

NESN Vote: Which Current Head Coach is New England's Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not easily Jim Calhoun, nor is it easily Belichick.

College and pro sports are apples and oranges that it's very, very difficult to compare. There are good cases to be made for both coaches.

Reaction Score
but Geno has done "far more than Calhoun" hahahhah what a complete joke

Reaction Score
geno should be on the list... easy

do they need two college hockey?
i dont want to get into a in depth argument, but kind of hard to be the best in New England when your not even the best on your own campus and lets face it, Calhoun is the far superior coach, not sure there is any doubt about that

Reaction Score
Right now JC's even behind the Bruins' coach. That's foolish.

Reaction Score
NESN should be New England (except Connecticut) Sports Network.

They cover very little regarding CT

Reaction Score
...maybe that's because there's no pro sports in Connecticut.

NESN is 95% pro sports coverage, so I'm not sure why this surprises you (and that's not even considering that half of Connecticut considers itself apart of New York).

Reaction Score
I would say Calhoun and Belichek are equal, Calhoun has won a national championship without our best player of all time in Kemba. Belichcheck has yet to win a superbowl without Tom Brady.

Reaction Score
I would say Calhoun and Belichek are equal, Calhoun has won a national championship without our best player of all time in Kemba. Belichcheck has yet to win a superbowl without Tom Brady.
this is absolutely the dumbest arguement i have read. not just you but anyone that pulls the tom brady card is an absolute moron. every single super bowl winner has had hall of fame caliber players on their teams and many have been qb`s. i love jc and what hes done at ct but its got to be belichek. what did new england win before he got there? 1 afc championship that led to them getting smashed in the super bowl by the bears in 85/86 it what was at the time and for years to come the most lopsided superbowl loss ever. where were they when he took over? he installed a system that produces a winner and that system helped tom brady become the player he is today.
yes the basketball program at connecticut had before jc had little success in the tournament. yes jc won two titles "without our best player of all time" but the two other title teams were no slouches either. 99 was pre season #2,had a national poy candidate who many argued till kembas run was our best player ever and the 04 team was basically an nba squad so dont throw out that weak ass tom brady arguement. by that logic johnson, walsh,lombardi,landry,belichek,knoll all take a back seat to joe gibbs and bill parcells as coach because they won each of their superbowls with different qbs.by the dan reeves went to 3 straight superbowls with arguably the greatest qb of all time and had 0 titles to show for it.:rolleyes:

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I say once you go north of Waterbury that becomes the "New England" half of CT.....having grown up in Fairfield County, I relate very little with new England but more so with the tri-state area. It's very rare that I come across a fan who is a Patriot, Bruin, Celtic fan. however I do know a couple sox fans.....may they rest in hell ;)

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Belichek sucks.......He would be no where without Brady, they would be 0-4 this year if Tom terrific wasn't behind center

Reaction Score
this is absolutely the dumbest arguement i have read. not just you but anyone that pulls the tom brady card is an absolute moron. every single super bowl winner has had hall of fame caliber players on their teams and many have been qb`s. i love jc and what hes done at ct but its got to be belichek. what did new england win before he got there? 1 afc championship that led to them getting smashed in the super bowl by the bears in 85/86 it what was at the time and for years to come the most lopsided superbowl loss ever. where were they when he took over? he installed a system that produces a winner and that system helped tom brady become the player he is today.
yes the basketball program at connecticut had before jc had little success in the tournament. yes jc won two titles "without our best player of all time" but the two other title teams were no slouches either. 99 was pre season #2,had a national poy candidate who many argued till kembas run was our best player ever and the 04 team was basically an nba squad so dont throw out that weak ass tom brady arguement. by that logic johnson, walsh,lombardi,landry,belichek,knoll all take a back seat to joe gibbs and bill parcells as coach because they won each of their superbowls with different qbs.by the dan reeves went to 3 straight superbowls with arguably the greatest qb of all time and had 0 titles to show for it.:rolleyes:

You gotta chill out I was joking about Bellichick not winninga a title without Brady, and its stupid to make a comparison and say one is better over the other. They are 2 different sports one on the professional level and one on the college level. I was just stating a fact, I did say they were equal. Did I say the other 2 title teams were slouches?

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I take Parcells over Bellichek

Anyday of the week, plus if it wasnt for the tuck rule, he'd only have 2 SB's

Reaction Score
im taking Calhoun i may be biased, somebody has to vote for him, and last I checked this is a Uconn board not a Pats board

Reaction Score
Anyday of the week, plus if it wasnt for the tuck rule, he'd only have 2 SB's

That is a dumb argument. A rule is a rule. Should we say that if it wasn't for traveling rule, JC may only have two national titles. I mean, had Trajan not traveled, UConn could have lost that game!

By the way, Brady was hit in the head on that play before the ball was knocked out of Brady's hand, should have been a 15 yard penalty and Pats ball. They could have gotten a touchdown out of that drive and taken overtime out of the equation if the officials were going completely by the book.

Reaction Score
NESN should be New England (except Connecticut) Sports Network.

They cover very little regarding CT

As far as people in Boston are concerned New England = Massachussetts and anywhere else that identifies with Boston. Really it should be Boston Sports Network.

Reaction Score
FWIW, NESN's non Sox and Bruins game coverage has really jumped the shark. They have very little in terms of other live sports programming when compared to SNY, YES, MSG, etc. They are producing more and more "human interest" type of programs to lure in the pink hat Sox, and soon to be, Bruins viewers and they are getting beaten up by CSNNE in the ratings department on their nightly sports news shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom