NESN Vote: Which Current Head Coach is New England's Best? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NESN Vote: Which Current Head Coach is New England's Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Without Brady the Pats are still a playoff team but not a superbowl team, they would do fine with Brian Hoyer, just look at the Colts right now without Peyton Manning. It shows you how different both systems are too each other only a handful of qbs would be successful in the Colts offense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Without Brady the Pats are still a playoff team but not a superbowl team, they would do fine with Brian Hoyer, just look at the Colts right now without Peyton Manning. It shows you how different both systems are too each other only a handful of qbs would be successful in the Colts offense.

It's not the system as much as how they run their organization. The Colts problem is that they fail to plan for life without Manning...or most of their starters for that matter. Their backup QB is usually atrocious. The Colts are normally thin at most positions as well.

The Patriots, on the other hand, constantly draft and develop QBs behind Brady. They've got a number of failures and a few successes. For example, they were satisfied with Matt Cassell as a backup, but still spent a 3rd round pick on Kevin O'Connell in 2008.

The Patriots also tend to be able to plug holes across the board better than most teams. Aside: the Packers were tremendously successful at this last year.

Reaction Score
the Colts do have Danny O though he hasnt thrown an incomplete pass in 2 years

Reaction Score
It's not the system as much as how they run their organization. The Colts problem is that they fail to plan for life without Manning...or most of their starters for that matter. Their backup QB is usually atrocious. The Colts are normally thin at most positions as well.

The Patriots, on the other hand, constantly draft and develop QBs behind Brady. They've got a number of failures and a few successes. For example, they were satisfied with Matt Cassell as a backup, but still spent a 3rd round pick on Kevin O'Connell in 2008.

The Patriots also tend to be able to plug holes across the board better than most teams. Aside: the Packers were tremendously successful at this last year.

i agree the Pats, Packers and Steelers are one of the few teams that would get to the playoffs with their backup qb, maybe the Ravens.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Coaches should be judged by what they've accomplished relative to their peers in the sports they coach. How many college basketball coaches have done what Calhoun has done? How many pro football coaches have done what Belichek has done? Who is more of an outlier?

Reaction Score
I kept voting till I had I was told that a cant vote any more, they said I needed to have a cooling off period lol. Lets make a team effort and keep on voting.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Also voted for BU hockey coach. With all the realignment stuff, and the death of the BE as we know it I couldn't let a BC coach be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom