NESN Vote: Which Current Head Coach is New England's Best? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NESN Vote: Which Current Head Coach is New England's Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
That is a dumb argument. A rule is a rule. Should we say that if it wasn't for traveling rule, JC may only have two national titles. I mean, had Trajan not traveled, UConn could have lost that game!

By the way, Brady was hit in the head on that play before the ball was knocked out of Brady's hand, should have been a 15 yard penalty and Pats ball. They could have gotten a touchdown out of that drive and taken overtime out of the equation if the officials were going completely by the book.

Oh please....the tuck rule game was the biggest scam I've ever seen. No way in hell should that ball have been an incomplete pass, it's hilarious to think otherwise. But I assume your a Pats fan so of course you'd back it. But if it was so clean cut why do people still talk about? Why was it #2 in the Top Ten Biggest Contreversies on the NFLN??? To equate that horrible call to traveling is just ludicrous. But deep down inside you know that was BS. That game totally turned around that organization

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I take Parcells over Bellichek

It's considered in many circles that a Belichik's led defense was largely responsible for Parcell's Giants Super Bowl victories.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Oh please....the tuck rule game was the biggest scam I've ever seen. No way in hell should that ball have been an incomplete pass, it's hilarious to think otherwise. But I assume your a Pats fan so of course you'd back it. But if it was so clean cut why do people still talk about? Why was it #2 in the Top Ten Biggest Contreversies on the NFLN??? To equate that horrible call to traveling is just ludicrous. But deep down inside you know that was BS. That game totally turned around that organization

Back it? It's in the rule book. There's no debate on that. If you don't think it should be a rule, then campaign against the NFL. Officials have said over and over again that it is the correct call.

The only debate is that people don't agree with the rule. I don't agree with it.

Reaction Score

Yes, the game turned around the organization. And it sucked when the same call went against the Patriots in week 2 that year. A rule is a rule. Is an official just not to enforce a rule because they don't feel like it? If it was such a crappy rule, why wasn't it removed from the rule book when it was brought up to the competition committee that offseason? The reason is because the NFL didn't think it needed to be changed.

Top 10 show on NFLN? Really? That's what you're going with to solidify your argument? Yes, great programming but those shows are designed to get people to watch and discuss the NFL when games are not being played. Did you see who they had as the #1 Packer of all time? That show demonstrated exactly what their motive for that kind of programming is.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
He won two Super Bowls as Defensive Coordinator of the Giant's. Sh1tty resume I guess.

Oh ya let's not forget the 5 seasons as HC in Cleveland where he went something like 32-48

And his first year at NE where I think he won 4 games......the next year Pats were 0-2, then the emergence of Tom Terrific, the Tuck rule...and the rest is history folks.

So before people start reporting Pop Warner wins....let's look at the facts of his success which could have only been had due to the emergence Mr.Brady

And I wasn't even going to bring up "spygate" but It deserves to be mentioned :)

Reaction Score
Way to avoid the point that the NFL didn't change the tuck rule when they could have.

In Cleveland, like New England, BB inherited a bad roster. he improved each year, got to the divisional round of the playoffs and then the rug was pulled out from under him by the announced move to Baltimore. Plus, you discount that people can learn from their mistakes and get better over time. Read any of the books written about BB and he acknowledges he messed up a lot in Cleveland and that experience helped to shape him when he went to New England.

his first year in NE his team was in cap hell and his second team had one of the largest roster turnovers in NFL history.

By the way, if it was all Brady, how did he go 11-5 with Matt Cassel starting for the first time since high school?

And if you are bringing up spygate, then, on the original premise if this thread, don't we hold JC's recent transgressions against him?

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Way to avoid the point that the NFL didn't change the tuck rule when they could have.

In Cleveland, like New England, BB inherited a bad roster. he improved each year, got to the divisional round of the playoffs and then the rug was pulled out from under him by the announced move to Baltimore. Plus, you discount that people can learn from their mistakes and get better over time. Read any of the books written about BB and he acknowledges he messed up a lot in Cleveland and that experience helped to shape him when he went to New England.

his first year in NE his team was in cap hell and his second team had one of the largest roster turnovers in NFL history.

By the way, if it was all Brady, how did he go 11-5 with Matt Cassel starting for the first time since high school?

And if you are bringing up spygate, then, on the original premise if this thread, don't we hold JC's recent transgressions against him?

I wasn't avoiding the tuck rule, I and everyone else knows it's a horrible call. Any unbiased individual would tell you that was a fumble when CWood sacked Brady. Yes the tuck rule is a rule and that can't be disputed, but as a fan of the game I grew to love, It's a horrible rule and shouldn't exist (yes I'd say the same thing if it was the Pats who were robbed)

As far as Bilichek, your hilarious BB was horrible I Cleavland if the fans could have personally dragged him outta town they would have. The rug got pulled out from under him with the Bmore move, lol. I think it had been pulled already by the double digit loses year after year.

Geez for such a legendary coach, you sure are making many excuses for him....let's see what do we have so far?

1. He was rattled emotionally by Cleavland moving to Bmore, therefore, he couldn't coach effectively
2. He's made a lot of mistakes but has learned so much from them (umm weak, isn't that what your suppose to do)
3. Cap Hell 1st yr in NE
4. Roster turnovers harmed the team the 2nd yr
Is there anything else?

And it's un-Huskylike to even try to equate spygate to some recruiting violations Jimmy C may have committed. That's something Id hear from a UK or dook fan. Smh

Look I really don't want to go back and forth with you because it's childish, and it probably won't end

I guess the point I'm trying make is

JIMMY CALHOUN Is better than bill bilicheat

Reaction Score
hey calhoun is second.... nice

Belichick did nothing with the brown's, but it was the browns

Reaction Score
What did Belichick do before Brady?

he was defensive coordinator for two super bowl winning giants teams. his first nfl head coaching job came in cleveland which is the black hole of coaching so after little success and support from the organization he was fired. he rejoined bill parcells in new england as assistant head coach and once again helped bill parcells get to a superbowl where they lost to green bay. he then followed parcells to the ny jets where he was defensive coordinator and was then named head coach when parcells stepped down but did not take the jets job. he then took the new england job and the rest is history.

Reaction Score
...maybe that's because there's no pro sports in Connecticut.

NESN is 95% pro sports coverage, so I'm not sure why this surprises you (and that's not even considering that half of Connecticut considers itself apart of New York).
UConn gets 100 times the coverage in both YES, & SNY which are also located in a pro oriented city much larger than Boston.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Calhoun never would have let the '07-'08 Giants beat them and ruin a perfect season and for that reason, Calhoun just got 10 of my votes.

(and I'm a Giants fan)

Reaction Score
The reason I asked what Belichick did before Brady isn't because I think he's not a great coach. He is. I was responding to someone making the implication that Belichick made Brady what he is because of his system. All of Brady's history has come under the tutelage of Belichick, where he has been outstanding. Belichick has NFL history outside of Brady, which has been a mixed bag.

I like Belichick and I think he was at a time the play caller for both sides of the ball at one time which is awesome but I just believe Brady has been more important than Belichick for the Patriots franchise.

Reaction Score
The reason I asked what Belichick did before Brady isn't because I think he's not a great coach. He is. I was responding to someone making the implication that Belichick made Brady what he is because of his system. All of Brady's history has come under the tutelage of Belichick, where he has been outstanding. Belichick has NFL history outside of Brady, which has been a mixed bag.

I like Belichick and I think he was at a time the play caller for both sides of the ball at one time which is awesome but I just believe Brady has been more important than Belichick for the Patriots franchise.

i respect your opinion but there is no way to know that for certain. just look at matt cassell. what type of season did he have as a starter in that system? hows he doing now with the chiefs? im not saying tom brady isnt great because he is but belichek is a big part of that franchises success not the only part.

Reaction Score
True. Cassel was also very good last year for 14 games under Charlie Weiss. When Weiss left towards the end of the season Cassel sucked. Cassel also sucks this year.

Who knows who is more important to the other. I even used to think Brady was a system QB his first few years but now he has shown that he is probably top 5 all time

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Come on guys, Bellicheck. I'm a Giants fan and I usually can't stand him, but you gotta give him credit. And to all the people who say Bellicheck is nothing without Brady: don't act like JC didn't have Emeka in 04 or Rip in 99.

Reaction Score
Calhoun never would have let the '07-'08 Giants beat them and ruin a perfect season and for that reason, Calhoun just got 10 of my votes.

(and I'm a Giants fan)
That was Belichick's George Mason.

Reaction Score
That was Belichick's George Mason.

The Giants won three playoff games on the road and their defense killed the Patriots. Then they were the best team in the NFL the next year until Burress shot himself. You can't compare that team to George Mason.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like both coaches. But a vote for JC is one small way of showing NE interest in UConn sports. Maybe the ACC and the media takes notice. Maybe not. But why give up a possible opportunity.

Reaction Score
Parcells' playoff record without Belichick on his staff?

What's Belichick's record without Crennel/Weiss as his coordinators? That game can be played for days.

Given that Calhoun built a program from zero to a Top 3 program in the nation since the Field of 64 expansion and that Belichick hasn't won anything since Spygate (their defense was insane when they were winning titles, Marshall Faulk still swears the Pats cheated in the '01 SB, shocker that their D falls apart post-Spygate and they haven't won a playoff game in four years) I'm giving it to Calhoun.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What's Belichick's record without Crennel/Weiss as his coordinators? That game can be played for days.

Given that Calhoun built a program from zero to a Top 3 program in the nation since the Field of 64 expansion and that Belichick hasn't won anything since Spygate (their defense was insane when they were winning titles, Marshall Faulk still swears the Pats cheated in the '01 SB, shocker that their D falls apart post-Spygate and they haven't won a playoff game in four years) I'm giving it to Calhoun.

So you don't want to play the 1st game there (winning without coordinators)...but you do want to play the 'winning after Spygate' game? The Pats only had the greatest regular season run in history in 2007. They got beat in the Super Bowl by a team with a better D. Pat's D was too old by then. That said, the Giants still needed a few breaks and an act of god to win that game. Pat's D was too old and thin the year before too, when they lost to the Colts in the AFC with backups.

As far as Spygate goes, your not exactly displaying a fountain of knowledge. Many coaches admitted that they did and do the same thing. It's part of the game. They're just not as overt about it. Bill Cowher has talked at length about it. He had guys sitting up in the stands taking notes and pictures, which they'd match up to game film later. Teams were stealing signals for 30 years; every team mixes up their signals for exactly this reason. He also says that it's silly to think that the taping had any bearing on the Pat's victories (several of which were over his team).

If you think that it had an effect, then what you are saying is the opposing teams were very poorly run. In baseball, it would be like tipping the batter off to every pitch coming next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom