UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Tulsa is happy with the ESPN exposure
BwI9-2dIEAElxyL.jpg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Using the national average of .5000 Tulsa came in overall @ .5236 which put them above the national average. Non-Conference Tulsa had the 87th strongest schedule @.5738. Tulsa was also one of the youngest teams in the country last year coming in at .40 years behind the national average.

Tulsa was really light on quality wins. Tuning up a bunch of low majors in CUSA and being a relevant player in the AAC are two very different things.

If you break out the top half of the AAC: Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, SMU and Temple
and the bottom half: Tulane, ECU, UCF, USF and Houston,

Where does Tulsa fit? They look more like the bottom half than the top half to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see the top 4 teams (take out Temple) lose 2-3 games COMBINED against those bottom 5. Tulsa may be able to do well against that group too, but i don't see them picking up too many W's against the top half teams.

Reaction Score
Tulsa was really light on quality wins. Tuning up a bunch of low majors in CUSA and being a relevant player in the AAC are two very different things.

If you break out the top half of the AAC: Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, SMU and Temple
and the bottom half: Tulane, ECU, UCF, USF and Houston,

Where does Tulsa fit? They look more like the bottom half than the top half to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see the top 4 teams (take out Temple) lose 2-3 games COMBINED against those bottom 5. Tulsa may be able to do well against that group too, but i don't see them picking up too many W's against the top half teams.

Houston and Tulsa don't fit in with those bottom 4 IMO. Houston has 4 or 5 top 100 kids and a good coach now. I watched 0 Tulsa games last year but they clearly aren't going to be a train wreck w/a complete roster returning.

I think the breakdown is more like: UCONN SMU > Cinci Memphis > Temple Houston Tulsa > USF ECU Tulane UCF. The bottom 4 is a train wreck but I can see the other 7 at least making the NIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET
Top Bottom