Need new Netflix tv Shows to watch | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Need new Netflix tv Shows to watch

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nah they’ll reboot probably into a series that ties into the MCU on Disney+ when it comes out. They already announced a Winter Soldier/Falcon series, as well as scarlet witch/vision.

I mean the show is already at least part Mcu.

They reference avengers 1 multiple times

the Q

Reaction Score
Kingpin is the best comic book villain in film since the Joker in Dark Knight. The ending of the Daredevil series is very similar to the likes of the main themes of dark knight.

Absolute shame they canceled the show, should definitely bring the characters over to the “real” MCU one day.

He was great.

I’m still mad at dc for being unable to come up with a good Lex Luthor yet the WB can make a fantastic one that people love.

To their credit the animated lex is fantastic.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I mean the show is already at least part Mcu.

They reference avengers 1 multiple times
Yes but soooo slightly. All of the new Disney+ ones will have major implications on the movies.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yes but soooo slightly. All of the new Disney+ ones will have major implications on the movies.

They’re also gonna be pg probably.

I’ve been seeing that the Netflix verse isn’t going on Disney+ cause they’re too dark

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dead To Me

Christina Applegate stars. She's a widow that befriends another grieving woman, Linda Cardellini (ER, Freaks and Geeks, Mad Men). The twist at the end of the first episode was pretty good.

Reaction Score
I like Jack Taylor starring the actor who played Jorah Mormont in Game of Thrones, (Ian Glen?)
Taylor is a disgraced Irish Garda detective who solves murder investigations as a private detective.
Caution: Episodes are 1.5 hours long, but worthwhile.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dead To Me

Christina Applegate stars. She's a widow that befriends another grieving woman, Linda Cardellini (ER, Freaks and Geeks, Mad Men). The twist at the end of the first episode was pretty good.

She's aged nicely based on the constant previews I see (as has Linda, who was also the mom in Daddy's Home 1 & 2 and Hawkeye's wife in Avengers movies). I'll give it a shot once I wrap up a few other things.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
When They See Us. Remember the Central Park Five? It's about that case. Pretty powerful through the first two episodes.

the Q

Reaction Score
I forgot how good white collar was until I stumbled into an all day marathon yesterday.

It is excellent.

the Q

Reaction Score
GREAT series

I’m on season 5, still great but the mr Kaplan stuff was a low point for me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
When They See Us. Remember the Central Park Five? It's about that case. Pretty powerful through the first two episodes.
interesting flick... dang shame!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I mentioned a couple months ago that I watched the six episode mini-series Bad Blood with Kim Coates (Tig Trager in Sons of Anarchy) and Anthony LaPaglia about the Montreal Mob. LaPaglia's character died, but the series got an 8 episode second season.

The first "season" was based on actual events. I don't know how true the second is.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Love Death + Robots. Anthology of animated short features (mostly 10-15 minutes, some even shorter). Hit and miss, all over the board, but some are definitely worth the watch. 18 episodes. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet (unless I missed it). Maybe a bit of Black Mirror mixed w/ 80's adult animated film Heavy Metal.

Reaction Score
Love Death + Robots. Anthology of animated short features (mostly 10-15 minutes, some even shorter). Hit and miss, all over the board, but some are definitely worth the watch. 18 episodes. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet (unless I missed it). Maybe a bit of Black Mirror mixed w/ 80's adult animated film Heavy Metal.
Yea, I’ve been making my way through it here and there. Some of the animation quality is absolutely incredible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I mentioned a couple months ago that I watched the six episode mini-series Bad Blood with Kim Coates (Tig Trager in Sons of Anarchy) and Anthony LaPaglia about the Montreal Mob. LaPaglia's character died, but the series got an 8 episode second season.

The first "season" was based on actual events. I don't know how true the second is.

I watched both seasons. This is what you would expect from Canadians trying to re-make the Sopranos. It is a decent show but they cut a lot of corners. The cast is too small, the scenes are too small, and the low budget just shows up in a dozen places. It is also a little melodramatic. I would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've been streaming "I'm Sorry." It aired on Tru TV but I never caught it. Not for the easily offended, it's profane and wildly inappropriate at times, but funny as well. Stars Andrea Savage, also Tom Everett Scott, Jason Mantzoukas.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The original Perry Mason is now streaming on Amazon. I caught this snippet:

Perry: "Had the deceased been drinking the night of the murder?"
Coroner: "Yes"
Perry: "What was hid blood alcohol content?"
Coroner: "Point-one-five, approaching intoxication"

the Q

Reaction Score
Just finished blacklist S6. I don’t think many shows can have a season 6 that good.

Reaction Score
I like Dark. It's German and dubbed over, but still watchable. Its like Stranger Things meets 12 Monkeys. Not as sophmoric as the former and not as intense as the latter. Hard to keep track of the characters though.

Reaction Score
I've been streaming "I'm Sorry." It aired on Tru TV but I never caught it. Not for the easily offended, it's profane and wildly inappropriate at times, but funny as well. Stars Andrea Savage, also Tom Everett Scott, Jason Mantzoukas.

My wife just got me in to this. Love it. Though Jason Matzoukas is playing himself ( read: the same as every character he has ever played ) his scenes are great and the lead actress is funny and sneaky sexy.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My wife just got me in to this. Love it. Though Jason Matzoukas is playing himself ( read: the same as every character he has ever played ) his scenes are great and the lead actress is funny and sneaky sexy.

Agreed about Matzoukas, but so far he isn't totally overexposed so I haven't gotten tired of his shtick yet.

Also agreed about Savage. I wasn't really aware of her until a recurring role for a while on iZombie. She's also avoided being overexposed.

Those 2 were paired together at least once before as a married couple in "Sleeping With Other People."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Started binging "Unbelievable." Crime drama. A serial rapist who apparently knows enough about how police investigate rape cases that he was able to stay off the radar until a sheer coincidence. Kaitlyn Dever and Toni Collette are the only actors involved I was familiar with previously. Tough subject material but it's good. Dever deserves to get a lot more publicity than she has so far. First saw her in a semi-recurring role in "Justified." She's been providing strong performances for a long time.

edit--apparently it's based on actual events

it begins in Lynnwood, WA, a hop skip and a jump north of where I live

Reaction Score
Dead To Me

My wife made me watch it - I was pleasantly surprised.

Also just watched "I-land" - was ok to pass the time on the road in a hotel, but wasn't great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom