Need a recommendation of a UConn game to watch | The Boneyard

Need a recommendation of a UConn game to watch

Reaction Score
Not having March Madness is going to suck. No sugar coating it. But luckily, we have UConnhuskygames.com to rewatch games. I am a younger fan- in my 20s- so I never got to watch the olden days. Which games would you recommend I rewatch? Can be regular or post season.

Reaction Score
These are some great choices. Those of us familiar with the UConn Husky Games website have all re-watched the classics many times, but I'd love some lesser-known suggestions!

Reaction Score
Not having March Madness is going to suck. No sugar coating it. But luckily, we have UConnhuskygames.com to rewatch games. I am a younger fan- in my 20s- so I never got to watch the olden days. Which games would you recommend I rewatch? Can be regular or post season.
1994 at BC is one of my favorites. 17 down in the second half, Donyell went nuts. Won't tell you what happened but we NEVER lost to BC. Also, 1999 Big East championship game vs St John's. The first 10 minutes may have been the best 10 minutes in our history. Let us know what you think.

Reaction Score
1/90 - Syracuse (at Gampel)
1/90 - Georgetown (at Gampel)

I remember these two games during January of that first dream season, I think both 'Cuse and Georgetown were ranked in Top 5 (the Hoyas may have been #1 at the time) and the Huskies won both games in the same week.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If you want to watch the best UCONN team ever (in my opinion), watch some games from the '05-'06 season. This team didn't even make the Final Four - they ran into a red hot George Mason team who was basically playing at home (game was in D.C.) I was at this game, and the whole place was against us. Minus the defeat, it was the best trip ever - spur of the moment, leaving Hot Tomato's in Hartford, we drove through the night and bought tix on the street that morning.

30-4 overall, 14-2 in the Big East, and 16-0 at home. 4 of the starting 5 got drafted, as well as our 6th man: Gay 8th, Armstrong 12th, Marcus Williams 22nd, Boone 23rd, Denham 40th. Read that again. Also on the team was an absolute sniper, Rashad Anderson, and Jeff Adrien, a blue collar power forward who also spent time in the NBA. The roster also had CT's own Craig Austrie (Stamford), in addition to the BY's favorite, Ed Nelson. Surely one of my favorite teams ever, right up there with Ricky Moore's and the team that first won it all for us in '99.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you want to watch the best UCONN team ever (in my opinion), watch some games from the '05-'06 season. This team didn't even make the Final Four - they ran into a red hot George Mason team who was basically playing at home (game was in D.C.) I was at this game, and the whole place was against us.

4 of the starting 5 got drafted, as well as our 6th man: Gay 8th, Armstrong 12th, Marcus Williams 22nd, Boone 23rd, Denham 40th. Also on the team was an absolute sniper, Rashad Anderson, and Jeff Adrien, a blue collar power forward who also spent time in the NBA. CT's own Craig Austrie, and the highly touted Andrew Bynam were also on the team, in addition to the BY's favorite, Ed Nelson.

Yeah that 1 vs 16 Albany game was a beaut. Jesus erase 06 from my memory please

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
One of the more underrated games of all-time was when we went to Freedom Hall in 2009 and destroyed Louisville - pretty sure they were ranked #1 in the country at the time and we whooped them without even hitting a 3 the whole game. That team was so stacked.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
@XLCenterFan
How did you remember Andrew Bynum, but not remember that he never played a second for us? ;) :D
I know...I edited. I had it my head that he rode our bench before being a one-and-done. He bailed on us prior to that. Not sure how many minutes he would have seen with that roster.

Reaction Score
on tube at moment is ky vs arkansas - from years back, u'd think they at least run a UCONN game in the time slot.

Reaction Score
MSU at msg. Crank up the volume!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom