Need a recommendation of a UConn game to watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Need a recommendation of a UConn game to watch

Reaction Score
UConn/Gonzaga 1999.
UConn/Washington 1998 and again in, I think 2006.
UConn/Pitt 1998 - El Amin...just wow.
UConn/Pitt 2004 - BEST part of that game was when Gordan gets absolutely stuffed, gets the ball back and within seconds drills a 3 anyway to bring the game within 55-54.
UConn/Florida 2013 Napier buzzer-beater, Florida won 30 in a row after that until.....

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Not having March Madness is going to suck. No sugar coating it. But luckily, we have UConnhuskygames.com to rewatch games. I am a younger fan- in my 20s- so I never got to watch the olden days. Which games would you recommend I rewatch? Can be regular or post season.
This site is awesome. I didn't know about it - thanks!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
UCONN/Clemson, 1990 Sweet 16....it's late, it's great, it's Tate!
That's a good one. Will never forget it. Was it the game after that one when Rod Sellers tried to bounce Christian Laettner's head off the floor with his forearm (and didn't even get called for a foul), or was that the next season?

Reaction Score
1/90 - Syracuse (at Gampel)
1/90 - Georgetown (at Gampel)

I remember these two games during January of that first dream season, I think both 'Cuse and Georgetown were ranked in Top 5 (the Hoyas may have been #1 at the time) and the Huskies won both games in the same week.
Both great, I still have these on a VCR tapes somewhere. By the way, both were at the Hartford Civic Center. Syracuse was #5 at the time, a weeknight game, and then that Saturday Georgetown was #2 with Alonzo Mourning, and would become #1 with a win since the previous #1 had just lost. we jumped out to a 14-0 lead and to this day I have never heard the HCC/XL Center as loud as it was that night. Great memories.

Reaction Score
That's a good one. Will never forget it. Was it the game after that one when Rod Sellers tried to bounce Christian Laettner's head off the floor with his forearm (and didn't even get called for a foul), or was that the next season?
Next season

Reaction Score
I'm 18 years old. I've been watching UConn games since I was 12, so it was the 2014 season for me. Since then, I've only seen us in the top 25 a handful of times, and those are my only memories of the program really. Thanks for recommending these games which will give me a little glimpse into the past.

Reaction Score
Not having March Madness is going to suck. No sugar coating it. But luckily, we have UConnhuskygames.com to rewatch games. I am a younger fan- in my 20s- so I never got to watch the olden days. Which games would you recommend I rewatch? Can be regular or post season.
Stanford in February 1999
We went to Palo Alto and beat crap out of them on their floor. That was the game that made me realize how good we really were. Only Duke (I thought) could beat us. I was wrong. ☝️

Reaction Score
All and any!

A Yarder maintains this in case you don't have it yet.

UConn Husky Games

Edit: OP put the link above in his post. Doh. Corona-what!

Everything mentioned has been great. Don't forget Pitt in '99 with El-Amin hitting the game winner and jumping on the scorers' table! Down 6 with a minute left.

Also loved the win at Stanford without Hamilton, and Jake coming off an injury.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1/90 - Syracuse (at Gampel)
1/90 - Georgetown (at Gampel)

I remember these two games during January of that first dream season, I think both 'Cuse and Georgetown were ranked in Top 5 (the Hoyas may have been #1 at the time) and the Huskies won both games in the same week.
Was at the games, have watched them many times, and agree worth a watch....but Hartford, not Gampel. “Its 10-nothing, it’s 12-nothing”

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was just thinking of this, I suggest you watch every game in chronological order by the time your done with all the videos hopefully this whole Corona epidemic season ends.
With this pandemic you may be on to something. I may just binge!

Reaction Score
GREAT pick. Really, any of the Maui games that year are excellent choices.
thx, i gotta say the best part was rod strickland giving kemba love after the game

Reaction Score
i enjoy any tourney games from 2011 or 2014 knowing who finished #1. espn classic would be really nice right about now

Reaction Score
Just watched the 2004 semifinal game against Duke. Two things I forgot about that game. One, the Huskies turned the ball over a lot, especially in the first half (10 of them). So many of them were careless and Duke had a lot of points off them.

The second thing was how the refs called the game so tight. Luckily for us there were a lot more fouls on Duke at the end than UConn. Reminded me of a 2020 AAC game. :)

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I just watched the first championship win. This pandemic may be good for something!

Reaction Score
Stanford in February 1999
We went to Palo Alto and beat crap out of them on their floor. That was the game that made me realize how good we really were. Only Duke (I thought) could beat us. I was wrong. ☝
Without Rip if I remember right?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you want to watch the best UCONN team ever (in my opinion), watch some games from the '05-'06 season.
I'm hoping this comment is sarcasm. That year the whole was less than the sum of the parts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom