Need a clutch shot...who you got? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Need a clutch shot...who you got?

Reaction Score
Shabazz, but then again I love him so much I named my Shih Tzu Shabazz so I may not be unbiased. Current roster Jalen Adams

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Shabazz.

Kemba hit a number of them, but Shabazz is a straight-up better shooter. He practically hero-balled his way through the NCAA Tournament in 2014. Think of the pull-up 3's against Nova, late shot clock heroics against MSU, Kentucky, etc.
Kemba because he had so many ways to hit a shot. Mid range, step back, 3 PT, drive. Dangerous from anywhere which is very tough to guard.

Reaction Score
Shabazz, but then again I love him so much I named my Shih Tzu Shabazz so I may not be unbiased. Current roster Jalen Adams
Don't believe anyone on our current roster has been clutch...or simply presented with the opportunity to hit a clutch shot. Other than the Jalen full court heave of course, but that was more luck than anything.

Reaction Score
I think Khalid deserves more credit here. While I can only remember one buzzer beater (Pitt), he was without question the guy on arguably our best and most important team that I wanted to have the ball. Against Duke he hit a huge runner against Brand to make it 75-72 and then the final two free throws to secure, at worst, a tie.

Kemba and Bazz hit more "big" shots because they were on worse teams and that should obviously not be discounted. But Khalid had an "it" factor that is just impossible to ignore.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tequila

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Love em all

But it’s Kemba 1 and Shabazz/KEA tied for second.

I didn’t even have to think all that long about it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hard to choose. I’d go with Kemba, Bazz, or Gordon

Reaction Score
Depends on the situation....

We have the ball opponenets baseline--Shabazz. He'll get you the best look from long, long range.

Baseline OOB-- Ray. I know he'll get open for the mid-range J or corner 3.

10 seconds left with time to set up? Kemba.

Reaction Score
Makes me smile so wide that this is truly an impossible question to answer. You could probably come up with a starting 5...even Okafor was money when the game was on the line.

Reaction Score
It's Kemba. The other team knew he was taking the shot. He was double,sometimes triple teamed. Didn't matter. Now if it was a three barely passing half court I'll take Shabazz. For the ability to take it and make it Khalid is right there.

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure who I'd want taking it this year if it had to be a three ball.

You'd think Vital, Polley, and Gilbert are our best shooters, but Polley literally hasn't hit an unassisted 3 all year, 90% of Vital's come off of an assist, and 78% of Gilbert's have as well. Jalen actually leads the team in isolation 3 pointers. So I think you'd have to go Jalen.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This isn't my choice, but sometimes, the guy with the weightiest pair is a better choice than your best pure shooter.
Exhibit A:

That being said, I'll go with Kemba because he had the biggest balls AND the stroke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom