ND vs Tennessee...or, is it possible for both teams to lose? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ND vs Tennessee...or, is it possible for both teams to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It's not a conspiracy theory at all...the motives I attributed are conjecture, but what happened , happened.

The proof for my argument is the Turner piece at the end of the half-time show
Turner had done virtually nothing in the first half and here were Doris and Co. effusively complimenting her (invisible efforts) and effect on the game. It had to be pre-planned. They couldn't have been so daft as to have made it up all by themselves.

That was a scripted, prepared prior, either by themselves or with a little help.

in my opinion, the UTenn criticism was from exactly the same script with a little piling on as the Vols effort languished prior to the final (Somewhat surprising) push.

OT to my arguments above: that (final) effort proved to me (beyond the shadow of a doubt) that the UTenn kids really do care
and if they had any semblance of respectable coaching they would be a far more formidable ensemble.

Reaction Score
Not sure what game the half time commentators were watching but Turner was MIA in the first half. This was the third time I saw Turner play this year after returning from her injury and each time it was a carbon copy on las years NC game. Turner was invisible in the first half and a real force in the second half. I!ve heard of slow starters but can someone explain this?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not sure what game the half time commentators were watching but Turner was MIA in the first half. This was the third time I saw Turner play this year after returning from her injury and each time it was a carbon copy on las years NC game. Turner was invisible in the first half and a real force in the second half. I!ve heard of slow starters but can someone explain this?

As I said above, the talent huddled with the producers and sketched out what they were going to talk about.
The themes were:

1. Turner's magical effect on a game...unfortunately for them, a nonoccurrence as you noted. Making the segment an embarrassment.

2. UTenn's woes...which the team cheerfully demonstrated.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Holly's Presser where she lashes out at negative fans... almost cried there.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has 7 McDonald All-Americans and this is the results? Wow.

I don't care if Tennessee has 14 McDonald's All Americans. If they can't or won't be made to play as a team they're not going to win.

I really think the problem is these young women were recruited without regard to how well or poorly they might fit together. Like it was enough for Tennessee that they were McDonald's AA at their positions & the rest would take care of itself.

Reaction Score
I know. We barely can get people to work the game clock correctly. Can you imagine what happens when you throw in a 20-30 second clock at the high school level? Schools that have the budget and knowledgeable staff can pull it off. At my high school, where I coach, not gonna happen. We had a timekeeper walk out, during a game, because the AD could not afford to pay him $100 bucks a game. Dude only worked 2.5 hours, gets free food and drinks, plus $30 bucks! And he wanted $100 a game. Jeez
NY has had a shot clock for 20 years now. Boy clock is 35 and girls is 30.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
This is one of the better game for Tenn. You haven't see the worst one..LOL

Haha... Can I assume the worst is yet to come???

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I love the way Tenn goes all helter skelter at the end of the game. We ain't tired, see!

It almost felt like the players fought hard early to keep it competitive and then just gave up once Notre Dame heated up. Once the game was truly out of reach, TN played their hardest to make the score respectable. Had they played with consistent effort the entire way, it could have been a much closer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom